It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

49595 New to ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hello,

I am new to ATS although not new to some of the topics and ideas that have been posted throughout. My main interest is Time Travel and having to do with the metaphysical. I am an objective thinker but also realize the importance of subjective thinking/articulation.

I have been a little shocked with some of the replies I've read through, especially dealing with Time Travel. In one post, the OP posed a strong interest in Time Travel. To my surprise, a heavy number of the replies were sarcastic and somewhat insulting and bathed in extreme skepticism. I believe that in order for knowledge to expand, one must be willing to ask questions or do things which are not part of the "norm" but still in good science. That's to say, I could care less if it's someone wanting to test the effects of eating salad for 6 months straight; the person's curiosity should be embraced and the only replies should be replies to help the OP achieve their goal. Too often have I seen replies that only suit the replier; they are snarky and with a "father knows best" attitude which is the exact opposite of what I believe as the forum's intended use.

Having said that, I cannot wait to connect with those of you who are Time Travel enthusiasts wanting to learn/experience more on the subject. Hopefully my interests on this forum will only grow along with those interests of the community.

godbless

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 49595

So hello fellow traveler. I move through time all the time. From now… to now, for instance.

See you in the next now.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
OK. Before we go any further, what happened to 495954?

Welcome aboard man. Check out BTS too.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Welcome to the Asylum...

Let's just say...

If the walls could talk...

They'd tell you to check under the floorboards!

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
What object are you thinking of? I can show you the body, a little harder to present the head. Good luck and godspeed.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Hello and Welcome to ATS MotherShip!
Come aboard and securely fasten the door.
We don't want any Trolls wandering in.
And "Remember, It's Just A Ride" Syx...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
OK. Before we go any further, what happened to 495954?

Welcome aboard man. Check out BTS too.

I clicked but it is still ATS?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

intrepid, every time I look at your avatar I just hear "let's GO bub!"

Classic

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

49595, welcome to ATS enjoy your stay...

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Welcome too, fun place it seems!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

There is a history between ATS and BTS, but they are best viewed as the same site.

Don't be too shocked by the attitudes! Some members go overboard and become obsessed with "debunking," but it's something that can be used to keep grounded. Just don't expect to convince anyone of anything, not a whole lot of that going on anywhere.

Welcome to the site! Some of the more obscure stuff on this site is deep in threads that may be unexpected. Don't forget to look under those rocks.

Welcome to ATS!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!
You get used to the naysayers.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

Welcome to ATS!
You get used to the naysayers.

I think your post on the HDR was the first thread I actually read through
I was shocked, and a little appalled by the rude replies..

How did that little experiment go btw?

**edit** aaannnnd that was a different darkblade lol. Go figure right? There's at least 70 of you

edit on 4-5-2015 by 49595 because: I mixed up my Dark Blades

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Are you sure it wasn't Darkbake?
People get us confused a lot of the time.

No worries.

When I signed up there was already a Darkblade,
but the guy never posted...

But no matter, I am the original...
all others are imposters.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

Are you sure it wasn't Darkbake?
People get us confused a lot of the time.

No worries.

When I signed up there was already a Darkblade,
but the guy never posted...

But no matter, I am the original...
all others are imposters.

aye, it was

You are the one and only, OG D-Blade xD

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kenzohattori69
What object are you thinking of? I can show you the body, a little harder to present the head. Good luck and godspeed.

?? Come again?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

There is a history between ATS and BTS, but they are best viewed as the same site.

Don't be too shocked by the attitudes! Some members go overboard and become obsessed with "debunking," but it's something that can be used to keep grounded. Just don't expect to convince anyone of anything, not a whole lot of that going on anywhere.

Welcome to the site! Some of the more obscure stuff on this site is deep in threads that may be unexpected. Don't forget to look under those rocks.

Welcome to ATS!

I understand the attitudes completely. Since we've been children, it's safe to say most (if not all) of us have been blatantly lied to. Just think about Santa-- your parents may have told you this story as a blatant lie to the point where they somewhat believed the lie itself. They knew they were lying to you but they might not have thought they were actually deceiving you on the matter. Perhaps they were thinking they were helping you by giving you this information so that you might fit in better at school or with the other children and families. One day, we ask hard questions, and then we find out the whole thing was a lie. We get over it, but we are hesitant to "drink the kool-aid" ever again. It can destroy the tolerance for someone to stomach anything faith-based again.

But having faith is not the problem I believe. When you have faith in something, you are willing to keep it in your mind and manage the cognitive dissonance. It does not mean to have blind faith such as it was with Santa, but an adult faith where you are willing to sort of "put a push-pin" in a topic which may or may not be real but you can pursue it with the intentions of proving it right or wrong objectively. Or perhaps prove it only subjectively. Or perhaps you just "have faith" in it but are well aware of it being just a faith-based concept until further notice.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Welcome

top topics

join