It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd in the sky this morning...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Get your brolly out mate... It is going to rain (Its going to actually piddle it down Rottweilers and panthers (instead of cats n dogs))... (if you have indoor plants, get them outside too,))) they love a good soaking like the one that you have already or about to recieve.)

Enjoy and let us know what happened.

Nibs

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I don't recall seeing anything triangular, and didn't notice it until highlighted here. This event is beginning to trouble me now in ways I don't like at all, mainly because whatever it was, it was parked almost stationary directly above my location for almost half an hour.

I'd much rather write this one off as a weather anomaly of some kind. I have always been intrigued with the aliens and UFOs topics, but I have never seen anything that would qualify as a UFO. I'm a skeptic.

This one I've lost some sleep over, as it feels like it may be connected somehow to other strangeness in my life a few years ago when I had some missing time.

Anyway, I think for now I'm going to move on from it, and give up on trying to search for an explanation. Just an odd event, among others.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Mother earth has her spectacular way of showing us all what is in store...

A Mammatus stormcloud formation :

Or this :

In my opinion, it is just a natural formation (and why not at the same time "warning..." that we are about to get our gardens and hair VERY wet...

Nibs

a reply to: ausername

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Dynomite thread
Good to see the higher ups join in too as they always add a bit of validity to the discussion.

My first thought was a portal being used. Too bad you did not get the Aircraft afterwards, how many jets did you see?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

Military aircraft are never really considered unusual here, there are airforce bases all around here, I grew up here in the 70s, then left for years, back then sonic booms were common. I didn't really pay that much attention to the aircraft afterward, it didn't strike me as being related, or being unusual, or noteworthy. there were some high altitude with contrails, and some loud possibly fighters much lower and faster, they flew through, some turned back toward Nevada, not unusual, to/from NAFB in Vegas, or other "areas" in the region, I didn't count them, as frankly, if you lived here it is not considered uncommon.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the great post! Good stuff here. So much we don't know. Let's keep throwing rocks at the moon and feel safe.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: Realtruth

I don't recall seeing anything triangular, and didn't notice it until highlighted here. This event is beginning to trouble me now in ways I don't like at all, mainly because whatever it was, it was parked almost stationary directly above my location for almost half an hour.

When 321equinox posted their comment, well I did a double take on what I had seen in your photo.

I think one thing is for certain a triangle is visible. Why or what it exactly is brings up other questions.

I've seen lots of footage here on ATS, but by posting physical facts, and your intuitive descriptive account I would have to say this is one of the more interesting UFO stories, on ATS over the years.

Intuition is a big part of my life, and when I see other people starting to become more aware of theirs, especially coupled with an event like this, then they'll have my attention.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The pic is good, but thinking video might have been better? Hearing the sound would help us understand the weirdness. I have seen some pretty wild storm weather myself, though nothing with odd sounds like that. Even in tornado season, nothing not usual to a storm. Heck, even in an area I lived for years where the storms would literally form right there, and we knew before the weathermen, I didn't hear odd sounds like that! Even so, is it possible that the buzzing could have been from a high electrical charge from the clouds? I don't know if that's possible to hear, but it should at the least be considered. Maybe you could check with a local meteorologist, and get a professional opinion, if you have one? At least that way, a freaky storm could be ruled out, or stated as the cause. That part of the country does seem to get a lot of reports of odd clouds, though. A friend of mine had a pic of one of those clouds that looks like a huge ship, on an otherwise pretty clear day.

Do you have any personal ideas on what you saw and heard, that you didn't share in the op? Sometimes, our impressions, while not provable, can be very accurate. Are the colors in the pic accurate? I ask because I tried capturing some weird color in storm clouds once, that had a bizarre greenish tint, but the cameras wouldn't capture it properly.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Video on this phone has such poor quality, audio and video the few times I've tried to use it, I never used it again. After I got my phone and took that first picture, I pulled it up, looked at it, and then dropped my hands phone at my side, and just stood there like I was lost to the world, staring up at the sky. I really should go back to using my good digital camera, but this phone is easier, and always there ready.

Ideas?... Not really, if I could have figured out what it was, or at least a logical explanation for the experience, I would not have posted about it here.

For now I'm trying to embrace the weather anomaly only, as the alternatives are not something I'm ready to accept, nor want to.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Were there any power lines close by? I remember a member named Wigit saying that she saw triangles in storm clouds and that they looked as though they were taking power from the lines and substations.

STM
edit on 4-5-2015 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Why are the most, not all, people ignoring the triangle shape?

It´s not Pareidolia, it is clear there, but something like camouflaged.
Sry for my english xD

Great catch

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Video on this phone has such poor quality, audio and video the few times I've tried to use it, I never used it again. After I got my phone and took that first picture, I pulled it up, looked at it, and then dropped my hands phone at my side, and just stood there like I was lost to the world, staring up at the sky. I really should go back to using my good digital camera, but this phone is easier, and always there ready.

Ideas?... Not really, if I could have figured out what it was, or at least a logical explanation for the experience, I would not have posted about it here.

For now I'm trying to embrace the weather anomaly only, as the alternatives are not something I'm ready to accept, nor want to.

I hear that. I use my phone more than the cam because the new phone is so much better. Weird, but true! LG G2 for mine. Excellent pics, and the video isn't shabby. Color of some sky pics isn't perfect, though. I tried a pic of a bit of rainbow one morning, and it didn't show, either, much like the green from those other clouds.

Overall, it does seem, to me, anyway, to be some weird weather, and likely nothing more. However, I wasn't there, and thus don't have the impressions you got on the scene. The buzz could have been from serious electricity in the air, I believe, and the raised hair as well. I honestly cannot see the triangle some claim to see in the pics, even with lines added. The dome shape you describe, though, is pretty weird.

When this stopped, did the clouds blow away, or disperse, or just seem to vanish, or what?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I could get a free upgrade, but I'm like "if it ain't broke" ... I need to get the new phone, it should have a better camera?

The anomaly faded away completely, the sound too, clouds darkened quite a bit, became less irregular, breeze picked up slightly and a few raindrops began to fall. then the skies began to clear, it was mostly sunny through the afternoon with the normal widely scattered springtime showers around. The anomaly started at around 09:00 gone at around 09:20, by 10:00 clearing.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You are one lucky guy OP, jk
You witness a portal that was about to open up to the alternate universe.
Could it be related to the supercollider CERN ? CERN, THE YEAR OF ILLUMINATION, PART 1

Another video here www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-5-2015 by Yurimaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Interesting and thanks for posting the incident and pic.

Clouds are explainable... the sounds, sights and weird triangle just visible in the pic aren't so much.

If we are to admit it as possibly unnown, then the member astr0's story involving 'black triangles - ancient recovered tech- use of human dreamers for faster than light travel and black ops space program' jumps to mind... that or the ol' standby, aliens... or the odd dimensional doorway in the sky... heh... but the black ops angle is backed up (somewhat- at least more than most claims, anyway) and the best explanation for something us peons have no clue about.

Anyway, neat experience... any odd dreams lately? Missing time? You might have a clone a few light years away... heh (yeah, I know...crazy... must be aliens... but look at a member's thread for a possible, somewhat plausible, explanation).

edit: the thread in question is here:

black triangles...

I have been trying to debunk it for awhile ... and there are a few other derivative threads from it, like mine... I'm not totally buying it, but ... but... well, it's another perspective.

edit on 5/4/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

During the last 5 years I have lived in a few places, all in SW England, Wilts / Ox border, my previous place to here I seen more rainbows in 6 months than I have seen in 10 years, literally, every week massive rainbows, often double and always in the same place, right over a certain building. Since moving, here I have seen the most immense clouds, and I have lived in rural Scotland, a rainy island and various other places where one might expect a lot of cloud, and here they all form in the same place, North West, seemingly appearing from nowhere and building to massive banks of dark cloud, always moving East.

I guess it's due to the local geography, the rainbow place was on flat ground, the older part of town on a hill above, the rainbows always were in the same direction, one end appearing from the hill of the old town, always Northeast. Here is on a hill above fields, to the North West is a large complex of lakes then the Cotswolds and further, the Malvern Hills.

I take a lot of photographs and weather is interesting to me, especially interesting cloud formations, often en route to Bath there is a lot of really low cloud forming over the fields after rain, very atmospheric.
edit on 4-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I could get a free upgrade, but I'm like "if it ain't broke" ... I need to get the new phone, it should have a better camera?

The anomaly faded away completely, the sound too, clouds darkened quite a bit, became less irregular, breeze picked up slightly and a few raindrops began to fall. then the skies began to clear, it was mostly sunny through the afternoon with the normal widely scattered springtime showers around. The anomaly started at around 09:00 gone at around 09:20, by 10:00 clearing.

Hard to say, then, if it was just very weird weather or something else. Even very weird weather would be something to catch your attention! The buzzing sound......I have a feeling you are lucky not to have been struck. Short-lived, though. Still weird. We have had storms here all afternoon, but nothing bizarre. Still, much as I want to think what you saw was just odd weather, it doesn't feel quite right. No idea why, but I think you are right to wonder. I can't even say what I'd think it was, if not just weather. Something, though!

I love the camera in my phone now, but I didn't get it till the old flip broke. Really loved that one as well, and refused to allow the cell company to push be into upgrading. The LG phones are awesome, I think. This one is my third, and the hubby and oldest son both have them as well. I didn't even look at the others, at this stage. Some of that is personal preference, because I like the way they lay things out, but they are good devices.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

That sounds amazing to see! Has to be something int he atmosphere there, to make them so common. I lived in a wet area as a child - SE US - and saw plenty, but not weekly, and not always in the same place! We did have weird rain patterns, though. Once, it was dry in a shopping center lot, and pouring rain on the street. Another, one side of a tunnel was dry, and the other had heavy rain.

I ive cool cloud formations myself, and tend to take a lot of pics of them. Stormy, sunsets, whatever.

Rural Scotland.....I wold LOVE to visit there! Lots of roots from Scotland, and it's a beautiful country. I even like the bagpipes!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: smurfy

If I saw cloud formations like the ones you showed, I'd swear the end times were here. Bizarre!

This is what the end times look like or Elder scrolls Oblivion

Weather shore is strange.
edit on 4-5-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: htapath

Fun times, eh?

This line has stuck with me since I read it, and caused me to have some thoughts about this.

Yes, "fun times" I admit, I am for the most part here for interactive entertainment. I love conspiracy theories, speculative discussions, politics, news, terrorism, and just about all of the content here on ATS. It is always entertaing. Or it was at least until this happened, when I was on the other side looking in on threads like this.

It is anything but fun or entertaining when something like this happens to you, It's more like the stuff nightmares are made of, but its all too real. Left trying to find an explanation, answers that aren't available. Taking pictures over and over trying to see if there is a triangle in them like in the original I posted here. Losing sleep, questioning my own sanity, no really, not fun, quite the opposite.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to remove the fun times, and replace it with strange times for quite a while after this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join