It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd in the sky this morning...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: rickymouse

Not sure I understand what you mean by inside of a spring. It was more like a clear glass sphere, the clouds distorting somewhat by It as they moved behind it, exposing and seemingly defining the shape. It's extremely difficult to describe in words here, it also seemed to change in intensity, or to fade, and then to become more obvious until it faded completely and then the clouds darkened, became less irregular, it (whatever it was) was gone.

Yes, so difficult to describe ... did it look similar to the anomaly which appears at 7:20 on this vid? youtu.be...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The color is also odd. It seems to be very grey and the clouds look less defined toward the outer edges of the photo. The center clouds are more crisp and colorful, like a smokey blue-violet. The two brighter areas that are seen glowing between the clouds - the one to the right amidst the grey foggy clouds is more whitish, while the one in the center of the triangular area is a brighter blue. Do any of your other photos on this camera show this type of effect?

Editing to add this enhanced photo. I adjusted the black point and white point on the photo, and it illustrates what I described in the previous post on page 2. Look at how the clouds just to the right of the top center look. The cloud puffs are divided by a line of demarcation where the edge of the aforementioned triangle edge falls. The areas that fall within the triangle are darker. Its strange. Some clouds (down in the 8-9 o'clock position) seem to end at the edge of the triangle, while others look as if there is something dark behind them that you can see showing from behind the clouds. You can also see the color difference more clearly.

edit on 4-5-2015 by 321equinox because: photo addition

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 321equinox

Agreed, the coloring IS very unusual and it really does stand out to me also to the point that it would make a nice piece of art if printed and framed properly. It really is rather odd.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Any clicking ot insect-swarm-like sounds over the low buzz type sounds you heard?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Holy _ _ _ _!!
There is a triangle there.
If there was no manipulation of the image then we have some kind of air/space craft?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

No manipulation on my part except to intensify the black and white points... made the dark darker and the white whiter. In the process, the colors and the triangular outline became more obvious.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Threads like these are why I am still kicking it around here.

Thank you very much for taking the effort to share this with us, very interesting.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I've gone through other photos on this phone taken with this camera and haven't seen any with similar effects as you asked, I have uploaded another photo taken with this phone here to ATS some time ago here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a HTC android phone. This was the first time I pointed it straight up at the sky. I don't know enough about digital cameras to offer much more, I don't use it a lot.

It's still on this phone, no change unaltered. I would have taken more, but honestly I stood there staring at it most of the time.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

Any clicking ot insect-swarm-like sounds over the low buzz type sounds you heard?

No, it was more like a buzz, a deep frequency mostly consistent sound, changed slightly in volume and wasn't ever really loud.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I've seen just about every kind of weather imaginable, but nothing like this before. The whole event (the anomaly) was gone by 09:20 approximately. Everything was posted here from the same phone I took that picture with.

You only took the one picture?

A thunderhead blotting out the sun and static making the hair on your arms stand up should have warned you to stay indoors, not run outside and maybe get struck by lightning.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: pirhanna

No, it was more like a buzz, a deep frequency mostly consistent sound, changed slightly in volume and wasn't ever really loud.

I'm not sure about the clouds, I've seen some strange ones in my time, but that buzz you describe, that's what made me take note. A similar thing happened to me at night. Was in my house up late with an elder sister. Then that kinda static feeling and a buzz, slightly changing frequency as I perceived it. Almost like when you're looking for a signal on an old radio and you get static/feedback, is how I'd describe it. It seemed to engulf the whole house. My sister asked me what it was and I said I didn't have a clue. It was past midnight maybe 2-3 AM in the summer, in England, more than 20 years ago.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

There was no lightning or thunder at that time, no wind either, I would have gone inside but couldn't stop staring up at the oddness. When it was over (lasted about 20 minutes) the clouds got darker, there was distant thunder, and just a few brief sprinkles of rain. I was already outside when it all happened.

Yes only one picture taken of this.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Looks like Mammatus clouds to me. Nothing out of the ordinary except the sound which could have been a small propeller driven aircraft or a military C-130 depending on how loud and how deep or high the sound was. I don't think anything odd happened here. Just your mind overplaying what was really going on.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I just logged in to reply to your post.

And the answer is absolutely. I see a triangle.

I saw it earlier, but decided it was my imagination and didn't make a comment on it. Great catch by the OP.

edit on 4-5-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

If a static charge from the cloud overhead is strong enough to raise the hair on your arms and make an audible 'buzzing' sound, its because the ground and cloud electrical potential are trying to connect…. lucky you.

Storms are neat, lightning sudden. Be careful out there…

How Your Body Warns of A Lightning Strike

When lightning does strike, and makes a close or direct strike to you, you might experience one or more of these warning signs a few seconds beforehand:
Your hair standing up on end
Tingling skin
A metallic taste in your mouth
The smell of chlorine/swimming pool (this is ozone, which is produced when nitrogen oxides from lightning interact with other chemicals and sunlight)
Sweaty palms
A vibrating, buzzing, or crackling sound coming from metal objects around you.

Warning signs…

edit on 4-5-2015 by intrptr because: link, emphasis added

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkingCap

Threads like these are why I am still kicking it around here.

Thank you very much for taking the effort to share this with us, very interesting.

Exactly. One day I'm going to find the smoking gun and my chances are the greatest on these forums.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Nailed it right on the head. I thought the same thing. Your post is by fat the most likely scenario.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: np6888

Lol. Obama want to disclose because what? Being the first African American elected to the presidency is not enough fame for him?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

You've never seen a hurricane then. Low dark walls of clouds like those very cool ones posted.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
My vote is HAARP.

HAARP did it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join