It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd in the sky this morning...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Yeah, those clouds definitely look like mammatus. Normally associated with severe storms where I'm from. And severe storms can give off an electric feeling

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

See the last post on page one for some clarification. I think there is too much focus on just the clouds and weather, which alone are not at all unusual here.

But anyway, thank you all for the opinions and input.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing OP. Similar experiences have been reported in other locations, especially the AZ/UT area.

In 2012 I was living in a very quiet and secluded area of northeast Arizona. On the morning of December 21st around 10AM I heard and felt the same noises and vibrations coming from the sky. It was very intense and lasted for a couple of hours. It began as a low humming sound and increased until I could feel everything vibrating.

I went outside and the dog was looking up at the sky with her head cocked sideways. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and I didn't see anything up there with my eyes. But I got a transcendental feeling from this experience which I cannot easily describe.

Fun times, eh?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I have seen similar cloud formations like yours while backpacking up in the Yosemite National Park high country. On one occasion while up in the Tuolumne Meadows region, a friend and I were standing on some open granite while watching clouds like those move in.

The crazy thing about it was all of a sudden we could feel the static electricity in the air, it made the hair on our necks stand up, we both sensed the danger. Then a horizontal, though wavy but not vertical mind you, bolt of lighting appeared in front of us probably around 50 feet in the sky.

The bolt was searching for a ground, you could see it, it was like it was alive. It was very terrifying because we thought we were about to be struck by lighting. We both agreed that we should get the hell off of that granite and return to camp. We were about 9,000 feet up in elevation. I have seen so many different crazy things up there. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

See the last post on page one for some clarification. I think there is too much focus on just the clouds and weather, which alone are not at all unusual here.

But anyway, thank you all for the opinions and input.

No one is dissing your experience I think. However, what is in your pictures are likely part and parcel, and indeed it is a picture of the sky you have used, that does not mean to say that unusual, but known conditions cannot be forced by some other means than just another piece of weather.
Anyway, to move on, the video below is of mostly, 'Asperatus Undulatus', a new distinction of clouds over Georgia recently. These clouds are very unusual, although I have seen them myself without storm weather, but are related it seems to the Mammatus, but it's all tentative, this one is for Ultralight as well, and these clouds are both scary and beautiful....and, except for the woman talking at the start, turn the sound off.

edit on 3-5-2015 by smurfy because: text.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I'm not dismissing the obvious explanations here, in fact I'd rather embrace those than the alternatives. But I can't deny what I seen and experienced here any more than I can explain it. For now.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

A thinning of the veil. The wave approaches. You may experience high strangeness in the area too now.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Did it look like the inside of a spring when you looked at it?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I've done a lot of storm chasing / spotting over the years and can say with certainty those are mammatus clouds. As others have stated, these clouds usually form under the "anvil" of a severe thunderstorm, but it is not unheard of for these clouds to form in non-severe conditions. This cloud formation also is indicative of convection and lift, which means there are a lot of particles moving around, which makes them electrically charged (even if there is no lightning or thunder).

If you ever feel your hair standing up as if there is static electricity, you are actually at an increased danger of being struck by lightning. I did a quick search and this was one of the first stories to come up, but there are many: www.abc.net.au...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Not sure I understand what you mean by inside of a spring. It was more like a clear glass sphere, the clouds distorting somewhat by It as they moved behind it, exposing and seemingly defining the shape. It's extremely difficult to describe in words here, it also seemed to change in intensity, or to fade, and then to become more obvious until it faded completely and then the clouds darkened, became less irregular, it (whatever it was) was gone.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

Can you expand on this more?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I have never seen anything like you are describing. I guess you mentioned that you had never seen it before either. It sounds really weird. I do see the clouds in sort of a circular spiraling pattern possibly going upwards, but is that actually caused by the distortion you are referring to?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It's not very clear in the photo, but I can see where it is, it did confirm to me what I did see.. It was huge, not small, and I'm unable to even guess at the actual dimensions, or size. It was virtually directly above my location. I was looking almost straight up, and slightly to the southwest. Sorry, it's the best description I can offer you.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

That was a trip. Like, we occasionally get wave clouds here, as per this link (I actually remember seeing these, as I live in the area.

Link

But that shizz in your video....that had me wondering wtf. Never seen wave clouds look like that. Like...corrugated cloud cover.

Anyway, back to the OP. I think the OP is not referring to the mammatus clouds themselves as being weird (He does live in the great basin, I'd be surprised if he had never seen them). What he is trying to refer to, I think, is something not really caught on camera, an effect sort of, and he was hoping he could at least get a picture of the region where it occurred.

OP, I honestly have no idea what you experienced, or what the darker ring of clouds is. If it wasn't some sort of freak weather phenomenon, I'd say my next guess is something to do with some gub'mint secret project, and you are in a pretty good location for such a thing to happen.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Water vapour.

/debunking

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Awww, hell. I went back and looked at the picture again to see if I could see anything noteworthy. Instead, my mind was picking out cloud shapes, and the first one it picked out was rather obscene, and made me think of a bizarre cause.

Anyway, I checked on a map to get an idea of where you lived, and see that you actually live closer to Area 51 than Dugway Proving Grounds. In fact, I'd wager you've probably gotten some weird aerial crap going on. Weird holes punched in clouds, weird contrails, loud booming noises from nowhere, ect.

Wonder if this is an after effect of their latest toy's test run?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth
Outstanding photos. Thanks for sharing these.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I can't think of a more interesting time to on ATS than now with things like this happening.
Those are amazing looking clouds and the light is downright freaky, could be natural - or mb not.
How far away is Camp Williams and the new data center from this location?
edit on 4-5-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I really wish that I had something intelligent to add here but to be honest I really have no clue as to what happened there. All I can say is that people should not gloss over your words in the OP and should really consider them. I do have a feeling that this goes deeper than most people would expect. And thank you for posting.

edit on 4-5-2015 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Am I the only one who sees the triangle?? It's as if the clouds are lined up in a way that the edges form a triangle. Or there is something triangular above the clouds, or disguised/cloaked by clouds. Reminds me of Predator or cloaking technology in how, although it looks like clouds, you can make out the outline of a triangle.

I have heard several reports over the last 4-5 years of sightings of (usually) huge triangular craft that are hovering silently, often over the city, then suddenly just go invisible as if they cloaked. Instead of flying away, it's like a switch is flipped and it just vanishes. It always makes me wonder if it's some kind of cloaking malfunction, and just how many other things are in our skies that we can't see or don't notice.

The buzz/deep sound and the static are very strange and add to the eeriness of the event. Literally out of the blue, huh?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join