It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd in the sky this morning...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
First of all, I'm skeptical about these claims myself when others make them, as it can't be proven to be anything significant. But thought I'd share it here anyway...

This morning around 09:00 mountain time, southwestern corner of Utah, out on my deck enjoying coffee, and what was to be a wonderful, warm spring day. Suddenly it got cloudy, like within minutes. There must have been static charge in the air, I could feel the hair on my arms reacting to it. There was a noise, a buzz or deep sound coming from the sky overhead. I stepped out and looked up at an unusual cloud formation, and could see what I can only describe as some kind of distortion in space/time between myself and the clouds above. I went and grabbed my phone and as quickly as possible tried to capture it in a picture...

Unaltered, timestamp today at 09:11.

Afterword the clouds got very dark, there was some distant thunder, a few light sprinkles of rain, then clearing to mostly sunny skies. At around 10:00 there was a lot of aircraft activity in the area, most likely from Nevada (not that unusual here).

The photo doesn't seem to capture that well what I could see and hear, but its the best I could do... It was odd, inexplicable, and I've never seen or heard anything like it before in my life. Which is why I thought I'd share here, on the chance that anyone else may have.
edit on 3-5-2015 by ausername because: typo

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ya know, i think this might the first time someone has made a "Sky sounds" claim and thought to add a picture.

It does look a bit curious, at least compared to the area around that spot......sorta makes you wonder if that whole interdimensional rift thing is possible.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername Are you sure it wasn't two minutes to midnight? I would say we are two\thirds there.

+7 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Nice documentation of the way it "felt", the sounds, and I especially like the image, the colors are pretty amazing in their contrast. That light blue/turquoise looks like hail in a super cell. You say it only sprinkled a little and nothing else happened?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

How far are you from Reno Nev. . There is a layline intersection in that area. What made me think of it is there is a major intersection west of Salt Lake City.

+6 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Just a few light scattered showers. Nothing else really noteworthy. I have to admit, it still feels like something really odd happened here, impossible to explain.

I've been on earth for 50 years now, and never experienced anything like this.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Nice explanation, good picture, but I still do not know what I am supposed to be looking for.

It's hard to see something in a picture, but you can see it in the picture if you actually saw it in person. It has something to do with recognizing depth perception which you recall from memory when you see the picture..

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Nowhere near Reno, southwestern corner of Utah, not far from Nevada (Washington county) to be more precise.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Lol

My bad I was looking at the map wrong.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Just a few light scattered showers. Nothing else really noteworthy. I have to admit, it still feels like something really odd happened here, impossible to explain.

I've been on earth for 50 years now, and never experienced anything like this.

Hey ausername!
I was going to just S&F this without replying, but as I'm reading the above..."it still feels like something really odd happened here..."...I glanced over and noticed that your 'star count' is 6666, and I actually shivered.

Very interesting! I will be checking back.
jacygirl

+1 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The clouds look like a Mammatus stormcloud formation, fairly unusual and not often photographed in the way you have,
But often pictured looking very menacing. They can and do appear suddenly in a down draught of colder air. Here's one similar to yours,

Here's a more creepy looking burger, but essentially the same thing,

edit on 3-5-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
www.google.co.uk...://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/weirdcloud1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/2468/&h=43 1&w=600&tbnid=1lzXjXBZEmdi7M:&zoom=1&docid=vNT-Y3NthY-1VM&ei=V49GVdqBNovsaN3CgZAP&tbm=isch&client=ms-android-orange-gb&ved=0CC0QMygKMAo

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Case closed

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The OP does have a ... Strange-Story/Observance.

4 Days Ago ... Dutchsinse spotted something strange in Utah.

I watched Dutch's entire video late last night.

The possibly-related part begins at the 1:00-Mark.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the prediction by that lady about the City of Light? Well, it did show up, in Africa(if you wonder why no one recorded it, some people in Nepal have never even heard of pizza. Plus, this city only showed up for an hour, not really enough time for a village to record):

www.ufointernationalproject.com...

In addition, you have UFOs showing up in the Philippines and Taiwan now.

Incidentally, there's an article on that site that suggests that Obama is considering Disclosure, because he wants to do something that people will remember him for.

It's time, Mr President, it's time. According to that message, everyone desires freedom and happiness, and I'm not sure that we have either. "Be The Messiah," President Obama.

+20 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Sounds like an experience of weather I encountered last year, storm clouds appeared superfast from the North West, which is where all the big cloud formations round here seem to form, I could see them building around us, we are on a hill and it was like being inside them and when it was all built up there was a bank of cloud pattern that looked like a row of faces on each side of a heart shaped light area in the cloud. I got some videos of the cloud building and lots of photos of the cloud. There was lightning and lots of rain as the cloud gathered but it didn't seem to move east after the rain appeared, perhaps we were inside the cloud and couldn't detect it moving as the whole sky was dark. There was a tangible feeling also, like static, it was exhilarating and felt almost biblical. People were running around getting in their cars trying to escape it.

edit on 3-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

If I saw cloud formations like the ones you showed, I'd swear the end times were here. Bizarre!

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Those are excellent shots!

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Thanks, they were spectacular clouds, a very memorable event.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Nice explanation, good picture, but I still do not know what I am supposed to be looking for.

It's hard to see something in a picture, but you can see it in the picture if you actually saw it in person. It has something to do with recognizing depth perception which you recall from memory when you see the picture..

What isn't clear in the photo, but was through my eyes was that the distortion appeared spherical, transparent and changing in intensity. It's hard to put into words here.

I spent the rest of the morning, and part of the afternoon trying to rationalize it all, and whether I really wanted to post anything about it here or not. finally decided to post about it here.

I've seen just about every kind of weather imaginable, but nothing like this before. The whole event (the anomaly) was gone by 09:20 approximately. Everything was posted here from the same phone I took that picture with.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join