It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 400,000 million Mayweather-Pacquiao fight!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Im more pissed off that a man that whent to jail for hiting women gets to make that much money.

Well, he does have to train doesn't he??? (Just joking)

I don't follows these fighters but from what I've been reading I guess he's well known for being "all about the money". It sounds like he's a big narcissist and ego manic who likes to represent himself as superior because he's rich. Half the problem with him making so much money while hitting women comes from the fact that he can hit women and get away with it because he's so rich.

He'll never learn that beating women is wrong as long as he's allowed to get away with it because he's rich.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

YOU decided to call some people's use of their money as "dumb". I didn't. You expected that that would go unchallenged? Newton.

Ya, and you called it "nuts". I called it "dumb". Big deal.

I don't care if you challenge it either. Challenge my opinion all you want. But I don't understand your indignant attitude about it since you made basically the same comment that I made only you used "nuts" instead of "dumb".

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

He's damn near universally hated. He's earned that. I don't think anyone has been hated more since Macho Camacho. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying, let the people spend their money as they wish. If they hope to see an asshat mouthpiece get a beating.... so be it. Wasn't worth $100 though.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
But I don't understand your indignant attitude about it since you made basically the same comment that I made only you used "nuts" instead of "dumb".

I'm getting the feeling that you know who Mohammed Ali is. Tyson? Sure. I also get the feeling that you aren't a person that follows boxing at all. THAT is why. If you aren't interested in it, why the "dumb"?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

He's damn near universally hated. He's earned that. I don't think anyone has been hated more since Macho Camacho. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying, let the people spend their money as they wish. If they hope to see an asshat mouthpiece get a beating.... so be it. Wasn't worth $100 though.

That's exactly what I said. I personally find it to be a foolish waste of money, so I wouldn't pay it. But for those who will, have at it. Spend your money however you want, it's your money.

Believe me, I spend my money and things others would find foolish. Others have told I'm dumb for doing it to my face too. But oh well, my money, my money to waste how I want.

I think you either read my post in a different way than I intended or maybe I didn't write it correctly, because from what I can tell we're both saying the same thing, yet seem to be arguing about it at the same time.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

But I don't understand your indignant attitude about it since you made basically the same comment that I made only you used "nuts" instead of "dumb".

I'm getting the feeling that you know who Mohammed Ali is. Tyson? Sure. I also get the feeling that you aren't a person that follows boxing at all. THAT is why. If you aren't interested in it, why the "dumb"?

Of course I know who Ali is and Tyson. I do follow boxing a little, although I follow UFC type stuff more nowadays. I'm not saying the sport is dumb. I like the sport. I'm saying the prices being asked for viewing these events is dumb. Or perhaps more specifically that paying so much simply to view them is dumb. Especially since you're really only paying to see it live and can just wait a few hours, save a $100 and see it for free.
edit on 3-5-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I'm saying the prices being asked for viewing these events is dumb.

THAT'S a fact Jack. For me it's boxing. I still have hope that they will eventually do something that may not be construed as a felony.
The sport is in disrepair right now. I just have SOOOOO many good memories. From Radio to TV to cable.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Back in the day I got together with some buddies and we paid for the Tyson fight that at the time was a lot of money to pay just to see a fight on tv.

It went like 18 seconds or something and he knocked they guy out. I remember thinking to myself, "Well, that was dumb. I just threw away money for 18 seconds of TV."

Since then, I'm still hesitant to put up my money before I know what kind of show I'm going to get out of it.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

On Failbook? No thanks

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I remember what that was like. Here's an early one:

I actually spent time with Conroy about 10 years ago. Cool guy. Delusional. Thought he was going to get another shot. He didn't.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That's how the 400 million dollar game is described by some. lol

VIDEO

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

All that money to two prize fighters as millions of our children in the world go to bed hungry

Take a hundred dollar bill and go wave it in front of a cow and see if it produces more milk because of that action; OR, take that same C-note and go wave it in front of a wheat field and see if that causes a more abundant harvest to arise. You will quickly discover by performing such an act that money is just a construct of mind (ideology) and not the solution to the world's famine and impoverished living conditions.

Running out of money for funding a construction project is as ludicrous as claiming to have run out of "inches" (another ideology or concept of mind,) yet, for some ungodly reason, intelligent minds seem to resort back to the "idea of money" as a concrete thing that can make a difference in solving the world's ills.

America and Canada makes up about 5% of the global population, yet, these two nations consume 70% of the world's resources...

We live in a world with overfed bodies and undernourished souls. Unfair distribution of the world's resources is what is causing suffering in one part of the world and the ease of living in other parts. Flushing your toilet once consumes more water than some people get to drink in a week...

Money is the illusion and an illusion cannot solve real world issues.

My take is that we as a “civilization” have been accustomed to this to such an extent that the ridiculousness of this no longer touches our hearts or senses.

I paid $95.00 (Cdn) to watch the fight last-night and don't feel one ounce of guilt about that. I earned my money and therefore choose to spend it anyway I see fit. There are times (about three times per year) I feel like you do and decide to take action; I go to those places where there is deep suffering and do my part as best as I can to help out.

Amnesty International and other organizations are looking for passionate souls such as yourself willing to not only rant about it, but also do something about it.

Action does more than money ever can.

Half a billion dollars for a boring prizefight.

As someone who understands the sweet science of pugilism intimately; I did not find it boring at all. Boxing is like Chess.

I celebrate success and abundance. Don't hate congratulate. Some of us can afford to throw away $100 bucks. Those who give up their free will every day to become daily commuters and are not living their dreams despite those endeavours are the real chumps in this world.

edit on 3-5-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Just to lighten the mood a bit, an amusing approximation of the fight, in Punch Out 8-bit nostalgia form.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
...then a winner of a boxing match gets over 100 million who probably doesn't need it .. This is when I decided this is a joke

The boxer gets a slight percentage of that. You've got to pay agents, managers, I wouldn't doubt the promoter gets a fair portion back. It IS corrupt as hell. Has been for decades.

I thought I read somewhere that Mayweather was going to make $178million,

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So I don't like boxing and can't understand the appeal to people who do, but do you know what I did about it? Nothing. I didn't watch the fight, I didn't pay attention to the hype, and I'm not going to complain about the people who did. It's their thing. They want to spend money on it, great. That's why you earn it in the first place. I certainly don't work 40 hours a week to donate 100% of my paycheck to charity. If I enjoyed boxing enough to pay $100 to see the fight and I had $100 in my bank account, I'd pay to see it.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

to make a silly event into a more silly event, mayweather was quoted as saying his next opponent would be either andre berto or Karim Mayfield. i don't have anything against either fighter. they are hard working athletes and work hard at their craft. but
there is a fighter who i feel deserves a shot more than these two. i think tim bradley deserves a shot. amir khan can be put into this list too of men who earned a shot at the big money big stage fight.

just my 2cents.

news article links detailing each potential mayweather opponent
finance.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AwrTHRUyiqFVwQkAlPRXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'EyaGJpZTFwBGNvbG8DZ 3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjA0NzVfMQRzZWMDc2M-
edit on 11-7-2015 by subfab because: added link to news article

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I doubt people will look back at boxing events thinking "How awful and barbaric." It's just the way it is, just as we look back and say "That's how it was, they had gladiators." What they'll be freaked out about is the travesties that the military industrial complex created. People don't understand that we're basically just destroying cities, stealing resources, then receiving contracts to rebuild those cities, then doing it again. It's billion and billions of dollars they're making.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This was the worst fight ever

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I never saw this thread when it was created, only just came across it now.

I had to laugh. Clearly you know nothing about Manny, and are completely unaware that he is the total polar opposite of mayweather, and gives a large part of his winnings back to his local community.

Edit: upon reading all the comments in this thread, neither does anybody else who has decided to comment.
edit on 191115 by symphonyofblase because: Edit

edit on 3-1-2016 by _BoneZ_ because: Removed excessive quote

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join