It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 400,000 million Mayweather-Pacquiao fight!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
In the American city of gaudy sleaze and sin, Las Vegas, there happened last night a prime example, of what many might view, of the decadent state of our “civilization.” That is the almost half a billion dollar fight between Floyd “Money” Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao.

Is this a real life version of the Hunger games? Probably not, but almost...

The elite entertainment people who could afford thousands of dollars for a close seat remind us of some of the dystopian movies such as the Hunger Games and others that point to the corruption of our civilization and its vanity.

Is it an example of vast earthly corruption and sleaze…?

Imagine Mayweather is going to maybe get 200, 000 dollars!

Poor little Pacquiao may just get 120 million!

All that money to two prize fighters as millions of our children in the world go to bed hungry

Interestingly, or one might say it was a lesson in justice, it turned out to being a very boring fight (I saw it for free on an internet channel that will remain unnamed)
and whoever paid 100 dollars I don’t think got their moneys worth.

If you paid $100 for Mayweather-Pacquiao, you're a chump
www.sbnation.com...

Or the other, 1, 5, or 10 per centers who stalked the dark environs of the gaudy MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas who doled out in the high thousands for a ring side seat…LINK
www.usatoday.com...
Celebrities pack MGM Grand for Mayweather-Pacquiao

I don’t blame the fighters for taking advantage of our “civilized” culture and getting paid.

Even though many lambasted the event that serves to glorify Mayweather as TBE, THE GREATEST EVER.

This gang sign using wife beater, many lament isn’t worth the accolades…

www.theguardian.com...

Indeed it turns out Mayweather has been a vicious spouse abuser and many have boycotted the fight in some form including Keith Olbermann...LINK

My take is that we as a “civilization” have been accustomed to this to such an extent that the ridiculousness of this no longer touches our hearts or senses.

Indeed maybe 20 or 30 years ago this would have seemed way out of line, but not today where we have been so desensitized to the commercial, greedy, avarices of our “civilization” that nothing any longer shocks the spirit of our conscience.

Half a billion dollars for a boring prizefight.

And the politicians say: WE ARE BROKE

We sure are broke

Broke in our spirits!

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Half a billion dollars for a boring prizefight.

Have no fear, the people involved are sure to spend those millions. I doubt they stack the money and sit on it....

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The worst part is that Mayweather was holding $250,000 in a duffle bag, that he said he would use IF he won .....

....For a giant stripper party.......really?

You know Manny Pacquiao stood up ther after the weigh in , turned around to show his shirt "All Glory Be to God"

now whether you are religious or not, thats a hell of a lot more honorable then that trash Mayweather...

Was really hoping Manny would clean his clock....

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Supply and demand. If there wasn't a demand there wouldn't be a product. Let the people spend their money on what they wish. If it had bee $60 I would have bought it. $100? Nuts.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I want to see it but not live or paid for view… let me know when it becomes available…

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Heres the fight if you missed it.

Scroll down a few spots on the page, the full fight is here

may/pac fight

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If you think the $100 is a lot for watching the fight at home even worse is that for a bar or other business to get that same fight under a business account it was $5000.

For those that didn't know this, getting cable for your home is different than getting it for your business. Business packages are priced different and come with different channels usually and that even goes for pay-per-view events. There was one local bar here that paid the $5000 to host the fight and were charging $40 a person to get in. I don't know if they were able to make back what they paid as I'm not even sure if that bar would hold over 100 people at a time anyway. But I think the difference in price is ridiculous.

But that is how it works and if someone is willing to pay $5000 for their business or $100 at home to watch some stupid sporting event so be it I guess. If they are dumb enough to pay that it's their choice.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yup. When I lived in a hotel I offered to pay for an event and he told me that for a business that is going to make money off of the event it costs incrementally more.

to watch some stupid sporting event so be it I guess. If they are dumb enough to pay that it's their choice.

Dumb? Because some have different interests than yours? They earned their money. Let them spend it as they wish.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Dumb? Because some have different interests than yours? They earned their money. Let them spend it as they wish.

That's exactly what I did say. I said it's their choice to spend their money how they want.

Saying it's dumb because I have different interests is my opinion which I'm allowed to have, yes???

So what if I think paying $5000 to host a sporting event on TV hoping to make your money back on it is a dumb idea?? I never said you have to agree with me. If you think it's a wonderful idea, fine, I think it's dumb, we each get to have our opinion and yours is no better than mine.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
So what if I think paying $5000 to host a sporting event on TV hoping to make your money back on it is a dumb idea??

If you have the venue I'm sure 5 grand is a small price to pay. Especially on the huge markup on booze.

I never said you have to agree with me. If you think it's a wonderful idea, fine, I think it's dumb, we each get to have our opinion and yours is no better than mine.

Personally I think wasting money giving it to churches is dumb. I don't go out of my way to say it though.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Just wanted to chime in ... The money involved is a ridiculous amount. Boxing as a sport has gone like any other major sport it's all about the money now. When I read about the tickets sales and only 1,000 tickets out of the 15,000 were for fans only the rest were for media and promoters I was disgusted

What bothers me is and it hit me when I saw the advert on TV, it was a advert for UNICEF asking for people to donate money to help children, I sat there and thought .. Are you kidding me? Here's a celebrity asking for my money to help children in a country and then a winner of a boxing match gets over 100 million who probably doesn't need it .. This is when I decided this is a joke

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

And the worst thing of all, the fight was a total fiasco and while it started with a good tempo it was sucky right after.

What a joke.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
...then a winner of a boxing match gets over 100 million who probably doesn't need it .. This is when I decided this is a joke

The boxer gets a slight percentage of that. You've got to pay agents, managers, I wouldn't doubt the promoter gets a fair portion back. It IS corrupt as hell. Has been for decades.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
...then a winner of a boxing match gets over 100 million who probably doesn't need it .. This is when I decided this is a joke

The boxer gets a slight percentage of that. You've got to pay agents, managers, I wouldn't doubt the promoter gets a fair portion back. It IS corrupt as hell. Has been for decades.

Oh yeh I forgot about that silly me .. Either way it's a stupid amount of money
thanks for the correction

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The worst thing about last night wasn't even the fight which was poor but Jamie Fox murdering the U.S national anthem.
It was terrible, I was embarrassed for the whole of humanity watching it.
It was like the worst X-factor audition you could imagine, out of tune, weird vocal trills that were so completely unnecessary and in a style that didn't fit the style of music that was playing. Awful, I'll be happy never to hear the American anthem again after that attempt.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

If you have the venue I'm sure 5 grand is a small price to pay. Especially on the huge markup on booze.

I agree, if it pays off. I believe you're also the one who said earlier that "paying $100 was nuts" right??? So I guess it's ok for you to say it's "nuts" but out of line for me to call it "dumb"???

Personally I think wasting money giving it to churches is dumb. I don't go out of my way to say it though.

I agree there too. Only difference is I don't see it going too far out of my way to say it. But you don't find it going out of your way to call it "nuts"???

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You really need to read up on Newton's Laws. Especially the 3rd law.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Im more pissed off that a man that whent to jail for hiting women gets to make that much money.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Please explain that comment and how it applies here.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Please explain that comment and how it applies here.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

www.physicsclassroom.com...

Reacting to:

I agree there too. Only difference is I don't see it going too far out of my way to say it. But you don't find it going out of your way to call it "nuts"???

YOU decided to call some people's use of their money as "dumb". I didn't. You expected that that would go unchallenged? Newton.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join