It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Lying Object at the LHC.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

That's true enough, however there's always the possibility of unforeseen consequences. And we're already dealing with theoretical physics. They don't really know what is going to happen. They have an incredibly educated guess.

I hope you're right though as I'd very much hate to see anyone get hurt.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The Thing

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
One of my dead relatives?

You would think that they would clean out that thing. It could possibly effect their results somehow.

Seems to me they know that it's irrelevant, it's not affecting the experiments, and the cost of removing it would be too great. If it's not doing any harm, why shut everything down for another few months and waste a whole chunk of money removing it? It's one little thing they're pretty sure isn't going to have any impact, so there's no reason to waste that time and money.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: rickymouse
One of my dead relatives?

You would think that they would clean out that thing. It could possibly effect their results somehow.

Seems to me they know that it's irrelevant, it's not affecting the experiments, and the cost of removing it would be too great. If it's not doing any harm, why shut everything down for another few months and waste a whole chunk of money removing it? It's one little thing they're pretty sure isn't going to have any impact, so there's no reason to waste that time and money.

If it alters their research even a very small amount, then their research is in vain. It is best to make sure everything is perfect so they don't chase the tail of a different critter than they are investigating.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MacChiavell1
a reply to: bbracken677

Id like to ripose that gravity, relativity and magnetism are theoretical concepts too, verbal descriptions of observations of phenomena. Likewise, we have an OBSERVED phenomena whereby we have far too little matter visible in the universe to account for universal structure. Infact only about 25% of the observeable (due to planck time limitation) universe is visible. The rest is something more exotic...whether this is in form of WIMPs or SIMPs or something else is still very much, as you would say, pure theory (not to speak of the even larger portion being something different, but equally exotic).

It is not up to debate whether there is something exotic, rather what those exotic things are. The recent new microwave maps of the universe already have proven that in fact because we have these exotic materiae, galaxies and therefore starsystems and ergo life was able to form, by adding their mass to proto-galaxies, allowing them to create sufficient gravity in "places" for visible matter to clump together. Im over-simplifying this process a lot, and apologise for that plus typos (im writing this from my mobile)

Things like this make me wonder how much we don't know. I remember reading that galaxies should never have formed given the properties of gravity alone. It's as if we are still in the middle ages trying to understand cells and atoms.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join