It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Lying Object at the LHC.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Cool…

This time everyone is wary of the "Unidentified Lying Object" problem, called such because if there is even the tiniest debris - a nitrogen particle - the beam could be disrupted. Such an object would be unidentified because the beam pipe is a sealed vacuum.

Read more: www.science20.com...

As I understand these things the vacuum in vacuum systems is many times purer than in space. The smallest particle of anything can disrupt the works, but shouldn't present a problem if it doesn't enter the beam.

ETA:Like a mass spectrometer, any other elements would give false readings. They want to smash subatomic particles together after all. Personally, I think they will just end up developing better weapons and maybe space drives but what do I know?

It is as you say, in a sealed system so they are not likely to start hoking and breaching the pipe, it probably takes an age to stabilise the vacuum, but surely it's not something left over from manufacture, but is something that they should be able to identify.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Jimmy Hoffa ?

Edit;

In all seriousness I will take a guess. I would imagine the ends of the pipe were welded together. If so my bet is it's a piece a slag or metal that burned through during the welding process.
edit on 3-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If they don't know what it is then it must be a MacDonalds, nobody knows what those things are made of.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It's a teeny tiny particle of lead.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

As they run their tests, evidently they found this thing. The most logical thing would be to determine its elements, after all, that more or less is their business. If the object is detected and they can't exactly ascertain what it is, then that gives reason for call it "lying" rather than a foreign object or a piece of lead, etc.

If God or ETs wanted to screw the works, literally, how better to do it than directly interfere in the process of the work? Perhaps the improvements to the LHC are a threat to our existence as some have stipulated? Sorta reminds me of the fairly solid stories of UFOs hanging over American and Russian missile silos and deactivating them and in an American case, causing them to go to an Alert status.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If it's a nut that fell off a bolt I'm gonna have the laugh of a lifetime.

This story is....kinda..."nuts".

Will keep eye out for updates.
This one is too good to be true.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun
Do you know what a hadron is ?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Must be under a unmovable dead line. Seems rather foolish to leave whatever is there and hope it doesn't cause a problem since they don't actually know if it will.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

CERN gives me a hadron...

Å99

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The "God particle".

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy
Well I guess this proves Fig Newtons first law correct. That a lie in motion stays in motion while in a vacuum. And the internet provides plenty of vacuum for it to be in motion if not checked. But then again, unless off-course other forces interfere and redirect its path or stop its motion. But a stationary lie is just lying there now isn't it? So were is the fun in that.

Off course this whole thing just makes me think on how much our knowledge especially in such fields as interpreting old dead languages and cultures, and our knowledge of said pasts, is really just based on misinterpretations and typos, and sometimes they may in no way even be related to the same subject at all, but by some strange and crazy conjecture from completely different subjects, worlds apart really that sort of sounded and seemed the same.

That would pretty much mean all religion and likely all history, its like one giant long line of people playing telephone over the centuries. And science is by no means immune to typos that's for sure, in fact its not even immune to conjectures which have nothing to do with the subject matter at all.

Merely a misinterpretation of an interpretation. Or is it an interpretation of a misinterpretation? Pondering upon it does create a sort of vacuum in space and time.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This makes no sense for a scientist at CERN to be so blase about an unidentified object that has somehow materialised in their vacuum tube. Especially when you consider how much the LHC cost to build, and the potential for even the smallest bit of debris to disrupt experiments.
And how big is it?
They don't know how it got there, and they don't care?
The more I think about it the more incredulous I get.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the great post! Great information here. The most complex mechanism in human existence certainly has more going on with it that what's being put forth.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't know but I just keep getting the image of a piece of poo, some kind of fundamental particle log.

Electron excrement as it were.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Its those dam moths again!!! Those pesky things find their way into the dam craziest places. I really doubt this story since they are running at record breaking power now.

What I find crazy is that ever since I mentioned the connection BPearthwatch had made between CERN and it weakening of our Magnetopause to PHAGE, the government is now manipulating the Magnetopause data on one page but not the others which prove they are manipulating the data lol. Now its so obvious to the masses that CERN is weakening our natural shield from the sun right before its intensity is facing earth and about to hit us. The recent large earthquake spike and Volcanic activity all prove that the Sun is responsible and they are making it a lot worse now with CERN.

CERN is now running more powerful than ever with the beams almost dead on each other so we need to be very worried as the sun is also very active, especially the earth facing or glancing holes and CMEs. A massive CME was unleashed the other day and thankfully that one was not earth facing and CERN was down at the time, we would have been in huge trouble if it was. They only run CERN when they know a sunspot is about to aim at earth as they have the large CERN built AIM sensor on the International Space Station to tell them when the dark energy is coming to earth.

You know its bad when all of the worlds large nations fund this massive "worlds largest" machine to look for dark matter. They are trying to let the demons out, to roam free on earth in our dimension !!!!

Revelation 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

biblehub.com...

CERN is the key!!! The star is Lucifer

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: termi
Thanks for the great post! Great information here. The most complex mechanism in human existence certainly has more going on with it that what's being put forth.

Doesn't that title go to the space shuttle.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Not sure if I agree with that. The shuttles were a stepping stone to space travel, that's for sure, but the space station itself could be seen as being the greater project, since it's still functioning.

I look at it this way: One is looking at the universe and how we could manage space travel while the LHC is looking at the building blocks of the universe. Both are equally important in my opinion.

home.web.cern.ch...
edit on 4/5/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/5/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: symphonyofblase
So basically what your saying is that its just lying there?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

A strangelet is a hypothetical particle consisting of a bound state of roughly equal numbers of up, down, and strange quarks. Its size would be a minimum of a few femtometers across (with the mass of a light nucleus). Once the size becomes macroscopic (on the order of metres across), such an object is usually called a quark star or "strange star" rather than a strangelet. An equivalent description is that a strangelet is a small fragment of strange matter. The term "strangelet" originates with E. Farhi and R. Jaffe.[1] Strangelets have been suggested as a dark matter candidate.[2]

At times I have always thought how a left over remnant from a previous collision would react to new experiments, if the new experiments made collisions with left over remnants from previous collisions...
As the remnants would be microscopic and hard to detect or find. They could fall to the bottom or attract to the top or sides of the machine components closest to the vacuum central region. And may be pulled back into the vacuum region as the machine activates... And further become unknown factor with new experiments...

No doom but could this be a micro black hole?
Or something related as it seems its not movable at the moment.
Or is it movable?
And what is it lying within? part of the structure or does it appear when the machine vacuum is active within the collider central points of the collision beams?

Very interesting if this is not a hoax.

Hopefully those managing the experiments have back up plans for collisions that may encounter strangelet floats

NAMASTE*******
edit on 5/4/15 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join