It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 11: The New Pearl Harbor [Video]

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

No you are right, public office SHOULD be used to collect bribes and start wars so that hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars can be diverted from unnecessary wastes of money like infrastructure or social advancement. Our elected and appointed man gods deserve to live high off the hogs that we, maybe not you, are. In fact 77 WABC just ran a story on the radio yesterday that New York will be giving its elected officials large pay raises so that they are less likely, ha ha ha, to resort to handouts, bribes and payoffs to fund their exorbitant lifestyles. Yeah, that ought to work out just fine, Now all we need is to have a horse be appointed to the senate, it has been done before.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BennyHavensOh

No you are right, public office SHOULD be used to collect bribes and start wars so that hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars can be diverted from unnecessary wastes of money like infrastructure or social advancement. Our elected and appointed man gods deserve to live high off the hogs that we, maybe not you, are. In fact 77 WABC just ran a story on the radio yesterday that New York will be giving its elected officials large pay raises so that they are less likely, ha ha ha, to resort to handouts, bribes and payoffs to fund their exorbitant lifestyles. Yeah, that ought to work out just fine, Now all we need is to have a horse be appointed to the senate, it has been done before.

Again, to say that the war in Iraq was "created for profit" is an unproven assumption. One that I do not believe. Was it to settle an old score? Maybe. Did some people make money from it? Sure they did. People ALWAYS make money from war, that's nothing new. But Iraq was also to get a terrible despot and his torture cells out of commission. Would I support doing it again? Nah. But did *something* need to be done? Absolutely. No one else had the stones to do it. So we took action, wrong though we may have been and profitable as it was for some folks.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

But Iraq was also to get a terrible despot and his torture cells out of commission.

I take it you have not hears of ISIS?

Would I support doing it again? Nah.

Thank you for admitting you were wrong. I opposed the plan originally and still do

So we took action, wrong though we may have been

This one is truly disturbing, the belief that action of any kind, even poor choices are better than taking the time to think it out and act responsibly. No wonder things have gone from bad to worse. Sort of like passing the law first in order to find out what is in it. We are surly doomed with this kind of mentality pervading our society.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

But Iraq was also to get a terrible despot and his torture cells out of commission.

I take it you have not hears of ISIS?

Would I support doing it again? Nah.

Thank you for admitting you were wrong. I opposed the plan originally and still do

So we took action, wrong though we may have been

This one is truly disturbing, the belief that action of any kind, even poor choices are better than taking the time to think it out and act responsibly. No wonder things have gone from bad to worse. Sort of like passing the law first in order to find out what is in it. We are surly doomed with this kind of mentality pervading our society.

You can't bash America all day and then say you would sit and twiddle your thumbs while a guy like Hussein tortures losing Olympic athletes and allows his sons to literally rape any woman they want to with impunity and still maintain your credibility in this discussion. The World refused to act. So we did. The chaos in Iraq afterwards falls on the locals, not me or our government. Act like savages and you will live in savagery. As to ISIS, total strawman. There were organizations like that before the Iraq War and there will be others after we exterminate ISIS.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I've got some questions about the video. At about 1:30 in the video references another video with a very official sounding narrator who claims that FDR all but personally flow the Japanese planes into Pearl Harbor. What is that video from? It seems a tad misleading and biased, maybe also out of context.

also,

At 2:00 minutes in, the video brings up the infamous neocon memo that basically said that 'an attack on America would allow us to go nation build'.

I have an issue with that being used as proof of a conspiracy. The WTC had already been attacked, so its not like the neocons were planning for some completely unforeseen event. Couldn't that memo have been the result of people looking at the world as it stands and coming up with the very real possibility that we would be attacked again and planning for that?
I just don't think the fact that a memo exists saying they should capitalize on an event that pretty much everybody knew was on the horizon means that they PLANNED the event on the horizon. With that logic, you could kinda make the case that anybody who invests in Apple stock is in on a conspiracy to make Apple stock rise. I mean, in a sense they kinda are, but they are also just planning for the future based on the events they see coming down the road. They're not inventing iPhones themselves (I hope I didn't stretch that analogy so far as to be nonsensical).

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The World refused to act. So we did.

Are you honestly trying to say we went in to Iraq for altruistic reasons??

The chaos in Iraq afterwards falls on the locals, not me or our government. Act like savages and you will live in savagery.

Possibly the most ignorant and disturbing statement I've seen anyone make on this forum for a long time.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SWOTIchris

I admit to being prejudiced to a fellow alumni, and many have little use for Wesley Clark, but the man did graduate first in the class of '66 and is and was extremely intelligent, and for my money as honest as they get once they are no longer bound by the Honor Code

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

These wars were all planned years ago and some of us old guys were even involved back in our day because such planning is S.O.P.. All that was needed was an excuse that would be convincing enough to compel young people to be willing to sacrifice their lives for the cause as well as convince their parents and loved ones that it was the "right" thing to do.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BennyHavensOh

First of all, Go Navy, Beat Army.

Secondly, yes I agree that plans were made to invade Iraq and many in the government and military industrial complex were salivating at the thought of it.

But that doesn't mean that any of those players were responsible for 9/11. None of those plans you personally worked on involved training hijackers or sneaking around planting explosives in American buildings did they?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

First of all we must be allowed to win at least occasionally, or repeats of the Trent Steelman defeats will surely destroy any and all credibility.

Secondly, 911 was well after my time, but the very concept, well that option has long been on the table. And I cannot even contemplate going into a discussion I had with a high school alumni of mine who is an Air Fore Academy grad, and was a NORAD squadron commander on 911.

Perhaps the official comic book version should be maintained for the sake of keeping the machine from a premature implosion.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

So you personally know all the key players and they all told you the 'real' story after a couple beers. BUT, you can't be brought to repeat any of it because mine and everyone's world view is so fragile that if we only heard the truth of the burden you carry we would fall into a fetal position and die.

I don't buy it. I don't buy any of what you're pedaling. My world view get's along just fine and dandy knowing that my government is full of a bunch of bloodthirsty lawyers who stage coups and lie about wars. I've heard the 'evidence' and I don't find it plausible that my shady government orchestrated this particular incident. If you wanna talk particulars on what I'm skeptical about I'll attempt to keep from having my world view shattered by the troothiness.
edit on 29-5-2015 by SWOTIchris because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Would you be open to considering that they, (and Dick Cheney), allowed it to happen as they watched? None of what I say here is BS spewed over beers with buddies. I have been an elected official and have spent time in the halls of government and have been trained in ways that regular civilians could simply never understand, so my viewpoint is very different than most and hard to understand to be sure. I recall one specific class decades ago where we were told that we were being trained to handle a nuclear war actually happening. When 99 out of 100 people went running around in a blind panic losing it all, we would be the ones to calmly assume our duties and take the actions that we were trained to take without faltering. We were further indoctrinated into the mindset that some day we might very well have to take action or push buttons or give orders that would result in the deaths of hundreds of thousands if not millions of people, but that such action would save far more and therefore be what had to be done. Men who as so trained are quite capable of doing damned near anything and you may trust them blindly, I cannot.

I would never tell anyone else what to think or what to believe, I have just tried to make people think and ask questions. Perhaps I am wrong in doing so and I should just STFU and quietly go away. After all, what is really the point?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I hear the 'you can keep blindly following your government' refrain a lot from you guys. You seem to think that anybody who's skeptical of a troother's spiel is a close minded government robot. Honestly, where do you get that idea from? Do you have no empathy or insite into other human beings? You really think that the only way that I could be skeptical of your Dr. Strangelove story is if I'm an American Dad cartoon character who wakes up every morning and after reciting the pledge of alegience I say a little prayer to ask Jesus to look over Don Rumsfeld and Dick Cheny?
Dude, get over yourself.
I'm starting to get the feeling you're a poser who watches too many movies. You definitely threw some War Games in your spiel too. Maybe you thought most people wouldn't remember it since it's like 35 years old now.

To directly address your question, we weren't at nuculear war at the time, the President and joint chiefs weren't locked in a cave under Norad with nukes coming in hot having to make a split decision about the future of humanity. The President was in a pre-schooll reading books. 4 planes full of terrorists were attacking. So do I think it's plausible that in the middle of that, the powers that be took a knee and said 'guys, let's let them take out the buildings and Pentagon and kill a few thousand in order to save millions of lives by using it as a justification to go to war'? No. I see several problems with that theory. First of all that there weren't millions of lives at stake to have to make the decision on. We weren't at nuclear war like the movie fantasy you're trying to shoehorn into this. In fact, if we're using your rationale 'that this sacrifice would actually save countless more', well isn't going to war where up to a million locals died and thousands of US soldiers the opposite of saving countless more?
Basically, your math doesn't add up, and when that happens I get skeptical.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I am not sure why you are trying to get combative and personally insulting but I do not have to "get over" myself because I never was "into" myself. I honestly desire to maintain a civil and open discussion and appreciate that you have your own opinions and your desire to maintain them, that is more than acceptable to me.

The basis of the original thread posted by the OP was the video series which I myself have watched and found to be surprisingly well done, IMHO. If it doesn't float your boat, all well and good. My opinions and the biggest problems I have with the collapses of the three structures stems from the fact that as an engineer and having worked as a structural steel designer and that based on all I was schooled in as far as strength of materials and structural analysis, it is MY opinion that those collapses were impossible to have happened without planned demolition, period. Freefall cannot be achieved without the removal of the supporting structures beneath the collapse BEFORE the mass contacts it, not upon impact which would eliminate freefall. Granted the top sections of the two towers may have weakened and fallen onto the lower sections but if they did they would have slid off the sides of the untouched sections below them once they impacted the undamaged, unheated intact steel structures below them or just sat there looking stupid. And I won't even go into Building #7's collapse which not only defies explanation, but has numerous testimony from NYPD officers, NYFD and EMT"s that were given notice of the building being blown and listening to countdowns to the demolition.

You do not have to watch any of this or consider any of it as being questionable, you can simple say you accept Tom Kean's report, it is your right. You believe what you believe I shall believe what I will.

edit on 29-5-2015 by BennyHavensOh because: Spelling

edit on 29-5-2015 by BennyHavensOh because: Spelling

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The most damning about this video is the clear intent of the 911 comission report to obfuscate redact and alter events, because thats the typical behaviour of perps. Along with the confirmation and promotion of top brass that failed their duties that day (I guess the absent ones can be excused).

Other than that there are a couple of problems with the video that deserve each their thread. Like when they state that whitnesses saw a gulfstream type of jet and that the exit holes done by the large airliner jets are missing. Fair enough, where are the exit holes and the engines of the gulfstream engine then?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Merinda

Fair enough, where are the exit holes and the engines of the gulfstream engine then?

I think you are confusing your conspiracy theories.
If we had just one version of a conspiracy theory then maybe . . .
But just as soon as one theory gets shot down another version pops up.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent

From your tenacious defense of the Kean Report here I have come to consider you an expert on the government account. if you would be so kind, in your professional opinion, why in a structure that included wide flange structural beams that were welded end to end for a height of over 1200 feet, (that's about 60 beams 20' long), the longest beams found in the pile were an average of 20' long with melted ends, not long twisted and bent sections pushed to the side by the crumbling mass? I am having a hard time understanding that concept.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I must say I was never a friend of the controlled demolition theory (for the twin towers for building 7 I don't see any other way it came down), but this video made a very good case for it. I guess its a difference if some guys do a video with stuff they piece together from the internet or if a production is done more professionally.

However I am glad they put that section at the end of the video seen as for non professionals it is confusing at best and whether the buildings came down because an airliner slammed into them or they had to be demolished with charges of some kind is irrelevant to whether 911 was an inside job or not.
edit on 31-5-2015 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

You are right, it is irrelevant because there are so many discrepancies like the incompetence defense and the political cover up that just do not hold up under scrutiny.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

You are right, it is irrelevant because there are so many discrepancies like the incompetence defense and the political cover up that just do not hold up under scrutiny.

No its irrelevant because for it to be an inside job the intent to carry out the attacks must have originated from within the US and everything seems to point in that direction, starting with the fact that the supposed mastermind was Saudi, from a country which is even deeper in Americas pocket than Israel.

However you are partly right, unless it can be shown that NORAD was paid off with Alquaeda money to be conveniently absent and incapable of intercepting 1 of four airliners (by intercepting I dont mean shooting down) then it wasnt just treason in collusion with terrorists, but an abetting of an action that has been called upon to galvanize public opinion for what would have been a VERY unpopular war in Afghanistan and Iraq, particularly Afghanistan which was very reminiscent of the Soviet occupation years earlier and still is.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

NORAD was paid off with Al-Qaida money to be conveniently absent and incapable of intercepting 1 of four airliners (by intercepting I don't mean shooting down) then it wasn't just treason in collusion with terrorists, but an abetting of an action that has been called upon to galvanize public opinion for what would have been a VERY unpopular war in Afghanistan and Iraq

When any commercial airliner veers off it flight path, there is only minute that pass before USAF fighters are sent to intercept (make visual contact), and on 11 Sep 01 thus was NOT done because supposedly "someone" somewhere told someone that it was part of the "exercise". Any officer with sufficient rank and command status to be able to make such a statement "that it was part of a exercise", would know damned well whether or not the specific aircraft, blips, or tracking intel was part of the "exercise" or not an no officer who did not have such knowledge would ever consider telling those under his command to ignore such data, period. This part of the "official" story is not only a line of crap, but it is an insult to every single man or woman that ever donned a uniform and served this nation!

www.prisonplanet.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join