It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Governor Dispatches National Guard to Keep An Eye on Special Forces Drill

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Is there something in the air that makes governors of Texas into total cretins? This has to be the silliest story I've ever read. Why is Abbott giving credence to this outright idiocy?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Ok its official the Texas governor is an idiot. Apparently this was sent to him it kind of sums things up nicely.

Dear Governor Abbott,

Let me apologize in advance that your letter pandering to idiots who believe that US Navy Seals and other US military personnel are somehow a threat to be watched has left me livid. As a 16 year Republican member of the Texas House and a patriotic AMERICAN, I am horrified that I have to choose between the possibility that my Governor actually believes this stuff and the possibility that my Governor doesn't have the backbone to stand up to those who do. I'm not sure which is worse. As one of the remaining Republicans who actually believes in making decisions based on facts and evidence- you used to be a judge?- I am appalled that you would give credence to the nonsense mouthed by those who instead make decisions based on internet or radio shock jock driven hysteria. Is there ANYBODY who is going to stand up to this radical nonsense that is cancer on our State and Party? It is alarming that our State Republican leadership is such that we must choose between DEGREES of demagoguery. I know that in many cases you are the better of the two demagogues (see the Lieutenant Governor driven nut job rant regarding your Pre-K program as a recent example). Having been there, I also know that politicians are not always able to speak their mind because they represent large groups of people and not just themselves. But this bone that you have thrown to those who believe that the U.S. Military is a threat to the State of Texas is an embarrassing distance beyond the pale. You are Governor of Texas! This is an open request—from a ghost of our State's recent Republican past—that you act like it. Enough is enough. You have embarrassed and disappointed all Texans who are also informed, patriotic Americans. And it is important to rational governance that thinking Republicans call you out on it.

Sincerely,

Todd Smith

This is the same guy who called GOP women "stupid" because they wanted a stronger voter ID bill. This guy, who represented my city, has had anger issues in the past and this letter confirms it. I wouldn't give him much credit.

The people of DFW have not been happy with him and he was pummeled in the 2012 election with Hancock beating him 65% to 35%.

He is no longer the Texas State Rep.

edit on 4-5-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: dragonridr

Ok its official the Texas governor is an idiot. Apparently this was sent to him it kind of sums things up nicely.

Dear Governor Abbott,

Let me apologize in advance that your letter pandering to idiots who believe that US Navy Seals and other US military personnel are somehow a threat to be watched has left me livid. As a 16 year Republican member of the Texas House and a patriotic AMERICAN, I am horrified that I have to choose between the possibility that my Governor actually believes this stuff and the possibility that my Governor doesn't have the backbone to stand up to those who do. I'm not sure which is worse. As one of the remaining Republicans who actually believes in making decisions based on facts and evidence- you used to be a judge?- I am appalled that you would give credence to the nonsense mouthed by those who instead make decisions based on internet or radio shock jock driven hysteria. Is there ANYBODY who is going to stand up to this radical nonsense that is cancer on our State and Party? It is alarming that our State Republican leadership is such that we must choose between DEGREES of demagoguery. I know that in many cases you are the better of the two demagogues (see the Lieutenant Governor driven nut job rant regarding your Pre-K program as a recent example). Having been there, I also know that politicians are not always able to speak their mind because they represent large groups of people and not just themselves. But this bone that you have thrown to those who believe that the U.S. Military is a threat to the State of Texas is an embarrassing distance beyond the pale. You are Governor of Texas! This is an open request—from a ghost of our State's recent Republican past—that you act like it. Enough is enough. You have embarrassed and disappointed all Texans who are also informed, patriotic Americans. And it is important to rational governance that thinking Republicans call you out on it.

Sincerely,

Todd Smith

This is the same guy who called GOP women "stupid" because they wanted a stronger voter ID bill. This guy, who represented my city, has had anger issues in the past and this letter confirms it. I wouldn't give him much credit.

The people of DFW have not been happy with him and he was pummeled in the 2012 election with Hancock beating him 65% to 35%.

He is no longer our Texas State Rep.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

That letter is spot on! More of us Texans who are amazed at the "right out of the gate" stupidity demonstrated by our new Governor and Lieutenant Governor, should send similar letters.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

the balance of the evidence points to another target, i.e. a large-ish force coming up through mexico. it seems like the texan anti-fed bias is being whipped up by controlled opposition in the alternative media and used to kick up the dust around that possibility.

why would a terrorist organization come up through Mexico?....to me the safest route would be a innocuous looking cargo ship coming into Canada and unloading on any beach head in the Hudson bay. there are tens of thousand of miles of sparely populated beaches in northwest Canada....you could unload Humvees and trucks packed with men, and munitions with U.N/Canadian/U.S. insignias, and go across a lightly guarded crossing. everybody is watching the south border, not a very smart move even for a terrorist.
edit on 4-5-2015 by jimmyx because: punctuation

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

That letter is spot on! More of us Texans who are amazed at the "right out of the gate" stupidity demonstrated by our new Governor and Lieutenant Governor, should send similar letters.

Did you read the actual letter? There was no disrespect to our military from Abbott. He's not stopping or backing out of the exercise (like Colorado pulled out). The State Guard will just be monitoring and exchanging communication with him on the exercise.

He even summed it up with:

"The action I take today comes with the recognition of Texas' long history of supporting our military forces and our proud tradition of training, deploying and supporting our active-duty troops and returning veterans. As Governor, I have the utmost respect for the deep patriotism of the brave military men and women who put their lives on the line to fight for and defend our freedom.

"I remain certain that our military members will keep America the freest and strongest nation the world has ever known."

gov.texas.gov...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

There was no disrespect to our military from Abbott.

To have the Texas Guard spy on the drills and report back to him disrespects those in charge as he is pretty much saying we don't trust you.

Which is disrespect to the people in charge of this training.

"The action I take today comes with the recognition of Texas' long history of supporting our military forces and our proud tradition of training, deploying and supporting our active-duty troops and returning veterans. As Governor, I have the utmost respect for the deep patriotism of the brave military men and women who put their lives on the line to fight for and defend our freedom.

And yet he doesn't believe the training is what they say it is, so that is what he calls respecting the tradition of training.

Seems he may want to look up what respect is.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Who's spying? The military knows the guard is going to be monitoring them so there's no watching in secret.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join