It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Governor Dispatches National Guard to Keep An Eye on Special Forces Drill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

One glaring difference in the examples cited is the lack of civilian alphabet agency participation.

JH15 on the other hand seems very inclusive to alphabet agencies that normally would not deploy to foreign lands as this training is claimed to be for.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Which alphabet agencies are involved that normally would not deploy to a foreign land?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

So when does a protest become a riot in your view?

When the media focuses on crime during the protest, making it seem like the protesters are responsible, and using that to distract everyone away (and get ratings).

Meanwhile , the uncovered real protest happening somewhere else goes under reported. This is the way it happened in Ferguson, Baltimore, New York, Occupy, any one you care to name.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

The Texas State Guard lists Governor Abbott as our commander-in-chief, whereas The Texas Army National Guard has our US President as commander-in-chief.

And what will you do if they report back and say nothing nefarious is happening, because I am afraid that is exactly what will happen.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

But hey, maybe you'll be lucky to never require the services of the Guard. Maybe you're immune to natural disasters. Oh, wait. That's not a function of the Guard. They only are there to suppress legal protest. Right?

Foul, I made the distinction between natural disasters and riots or protest. Yes, the guard guards the state. But I'll listen to stories of the Guard stopping the police from gassing and attacking protesters, (not rioters).

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

When the media focuses on crime during the protest, making it seem like the protesters are responsible, and using that to distract everyone away (and get ratings).
So, if there is no media coverage a riot is not a riot? Or do you mean that if there is no media coverage a riot is a protest?

Meanwhile , the uncovered real protest happening somewhere else goes under reported.
Huh?
www.cbsnews.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.latimes.com...

Occupy was just stupid. A protest against...stuff. But there was plenty of coverage.

edit on 5/3/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Foul, I made the distinction between natural disasters and riots or protest.

No. You made no distinction. You said:

Beside the Guard aren't "Minute Men" in the constitutional sense. They are just another standing army to put down the peoples redress of grievance (protest).

edit on 5/3/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So, if there is no media coverage a riot is not a riot? Or do you mean that if there is no media coverage a riot is a protest?

I mean nobody watches a protest. A crime, now thats different. Which will the media air?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Both.
See above.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

In official JH15 docs it says "and other interagency participants"

Vids of local meetings have gotten answers like FBI and DEA etc.

My point is one normally does not associate civilian agency deployment to war zone.

We (public) are told JH15 is for overseas deployment training purposes.

I happen to agree with Abbot having TSG monitoring federal activity in Texas.

Fact of the matter everything being on the up and up that monitoring should be welcomed and encouraged.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Didn't the million man march get a good bit of coverage? I don't remember any riots there. Or the million mom march.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

If one doesn't think agencies like the FBI and DEA have forward deployed agents, one should do some research.

Not only do they have agents all over the world, they also send agents in to war zones. Regularly.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Foul, I made the distinction between natural disasters and riots or protest.

No. You made no distinction. You said:
Beside the Guard aren't "Minute Men" in the constitutional sense. They are just another standing army to put down the peoples redress of grievance (protest).

Yes I did, last page…

Conversely, I don't have a problem with them during natural disasters.

If I gave you the wrong impression there, I apologize. The Guard are soldiers trained for combat. Not necessary to quell disturbances by the people. But used often enough to enforce curfews, which also cancel protest…

convenient , that.
edit on 3-5-2015 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I just want to point out that Governor Abbott appointed the Texas STATE Guard to watch the situation,

Seems some in the government aren't happy with the governors decision...

Now at least one Texas Republican seems to think the Governor’s move might have marked Jade Helm’s full retard moment because as you can see from the following letter, 16-year Texas House member Todd Smith thinks the decision to have the state guard monitor the US military is nothing short of preposterous.

Dear Governor Abbott,

Let me apologize in advance that your letter pandering to idiots who believe that US Navy Seals and other US military personnel are somehow a threat to be watched has left me livid. As a 16 year Republican member of the Texas House and a patriotic AMERICAN, I am horrified that I have to choose between the possibility that my Governor actually believes this stuff and the possibility that my Governor doesn't have the backbone to stand up to those who do. I'm not sure which is worse. As one of the remaining Republicans who actually believes in making decisions based on facts and evidence- you used to be a judge?- I am appalled that you would give credence to the nonsense mouthed by those who instead make decisions based on internet or radio shock jock driven hysteria. Is there ANYBODY who is going to stand up to this radical nonsense that is cancer on our State and Party? It is alarming that our State Republican leadership is such that we must choose between DEGREES of demagoguery. I know that in many cases you are the better of the two demagogues (see the Lieutenant Governor driven nut job rant regarding your Pre-K program as a recent example). Having been there, I also know that politicians are not always able to speak their mind because they represent large groups of people and not just themselves. But this bone that you have thrown to those who believe that the U.S. Military is a threat to the State of Texas is an embarrassing distance beyond the pale. You are Governor of Texas! This is an open request—from a ghost of our State's recent Republican past—that you act like it. Enough is enough. You have embarrassed and disappointed all Texans who are also informed, patriotic Americans. And it is important to rational governance that thinking Republicans call you out on it.

Sincerely,
Todd Smith

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Didn't the million man march get a good bit of coverage? I don't remember any riots there. Or the million mom march.

Neither did the tea party.

They weren't protesting anything legit, though. Go to these hoods where the people are abused by the police all the time, killed even, then tell me about seething resentment and explosive anger. They been dealing with it for generations.

I'm out.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Whether a protest is "legit" or not is a matter of perspective.

Toodles.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

I just want to point out that Governor Abbott appointed the Texas STATE Guard to watch the situation,

Seems some in the government aren't happy with the governors decision...

Now at least one Texas Republican seems to think the Governor’s move might have marked Jade Helm’s full retard moment because as you can see from the following letter, 16-year Texas House member Todd Smith thinks the decision to have the state guard monitor the US military is nothing short of preposterous.

Dear Governor Abbott,

Let me apologize in advance that your letter pandering to idiots who believe that US Navy Seals and other US military personnel are somehow a threat to be watched has left me livid. As a 16 year Republican member of the Texas House and a patriotic AMERICAN, I am horrified that I have to choose between the possibility that my Governor actually believes this stuff and the possibility that my Governor doesn't have the backbone to stand up to those who do. I'm not sure which is worse. As one of the remaining Republicans who actually believes in making decisions based on facts and evidence- you used to be a judge?- I am appalled that you would give credence to the nonsense mouthed by those who instead make decisions based on internet or radio shock jock driven hysteria. Is there ANYBODY who is going to stand up to this radical nonsense that is cancer on our State and Party? It is alarming that our State Republican leadership is such that we must choose between DEGREES of demagoguery. I know that in many cases you are the better of the two demagogues (see the Lieutenant Governor driven nut job rant regarding your Pre-K program as a recent example). Having been there, I also know that politicians are not always able to speak their mind because they represent large groups of people and not just themselves. But this bone that you have thrown to those who believe that the U.S. Military is a threat to the State of Texas is an embarrassing distance beyond the pale. You are Governor of Texas! This is an open request—from a ghost of our State's recent Republican past—that you act like it. Enough is enough. You have embarrassed and disappointed all Texans who are also informed, patriotic Americans. And it is important to rational governance that thinking Republicans call you out on it.

Sincerely,

Todd Smith

www.zerohedge.com...

And yet Ron Paul praised the governor's decision:

talkingpointsmemo.com...

Yes, he's not in the "believing" camp of something nefarious happening but he's still glad of Abbott's response.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The Guard are soldiers trained for combat. Not necessary to quell disturbances by the people.

Which is why Jade Helm is happening, so they will learn more as how to handle these types of situations...overseas that is.

Training is what makes you better...conspiracy theories can be what make you dumber.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

And yet Ron Paul praised the governor's decision:

Any person that has followed Ron Paul for anytime knew this would happen, so it comes as no surprise.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So are you saying for instance FEMA and DHS have no role in JH15?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join