It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Governor Dispatches National Guard to Keep An Eye on Special Forces Drill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~i think the real story is that there is a developing #-storm south of the border, and that the u.s. military is getting ready for it. if anybody's got further info that'd give this idea wheels, drop it off here.~~~~~~~~~~~

Ya right...OBAMA made sure the border is wide open for terrorists to come thru and now he sends the military to stop them??? Who you trying to kid???

edit on Sun May 3 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

originally posted by: texasgirl

Personally, I LIKE that our new governor has placed the Texas State Guard to monitor the exercise. It shows that he is listening to his citizens.

With all due respect, I have not seen 1 person, inside or outside of Texas who supports this move. The common theme is that of overreaction, political posturing, fear-mongering and dick-wagging by our new Gov.

Governor Abbott didn't stop the exercise (or back out like Colorado did). He is just sending the State Guard to monitor it. I see nothing wrong with this move. The Jade Helm exercise is still happening in July-September.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~i think the real story is that there is a developing #-storm south of the border, and that the u.s. military is getting ready for it. if anybody's got further info that'd give this idea wheels, drop it off here.~~~~~~~~~~~

Ya right...OBAMA made sure the border is wide open for terrorists to come thru and now he sends the military to stop them??? Who you trying to kid???

You think the rioting and mayhem in the black inner cities is bad?! At least they are American. Wait till 20,000,000 illegal immigrants take a page out of the inner city playbook and rise up about something. We don't have near enough cops to handle it, and they will probably be so afraid to use deadly force lest they get sued that it wouldn't matter anyway.

Has Obama fundamentally transformed our country yet?!! He only has 20 months left.
edit on 3-5-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun May 3 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

According to the state guard they're going to be "expediting the flow of information and facilitate communication" between the governor and calm citizens ruffled feathers.

NPR has a spin on their view. Imagine that.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

the balance of the evidence points to another target, i.e. a largish force coming up through mexico.

There you go. Its not terrs, its Mexicans.

Like you pointed out to me earlier, it sure ain't Canadians…

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

here's what i don't get. if there really was a soft invasion in the offing, wouldn't you WANT your military preparing for it? wtf.

Soft invasions deserve a soft response. That is as invisible as the terrs in the Walmarts.

On the face of it, it seems pretty hilarious, but it does seem that this governor is exercising the fundamentals of the bill of rights, and having his men in arms..albeit the National Guard, keeping an eye on these crafty Federalists!

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
There is an agenda among the progressives and their activist groups to weaken States' Rights. That is a fundamental change of American culture. We have always been about individual freedoms and States' rights, but slowly and surely these groups are working toward nationalizing and socializing everything.

Elijah Cummings of Baltimore is calling for a federal Police czar. In all the emotional heat of the recent riots, some might be thinking that's a good thing. But, is it? Think about it.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: intrptr

here's what i don't get. if there really was a soft invasion in the offing, wouldn't you WANT your military preparing for it? wtf.

Soft invasions deserve a soft response. That is as invisible as the terrs in the Walmarts.

On the face of it, it seems pretty hilarious, but it does seem that this governor is exercising the fundamentals of the bill of rights, and having his men in arms..albeit the National Guard, keeping an eye on these crafty Federalists!

I never trust the "face of it" reports. Those are the deceptions. Everyone got so bent out of shape about the exercise in California, maybe the good governor thought of how to liaison the guard with the exercise without looking like he was.

Beside the Guard aren't "Minute Men" in the constitutional sense. They are just another standing army to put down the peoples redress of grievance (protest).

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I live not far from the border in south west Texas. I can tell you, without a shadow of a doubt, we do in fact have many many illegals coming over that are NOT Mexican. they are called OTM by the border patrol and they are in the vast majority and have been for several years.

many of them end up in the hospital I work from exposure. It is a very real thing but since it doesn't effect what is on tv no one other than us here dealing with it really cares.

so... the Feds let them pour over our border and do nothing. I see their "preparation" for something like that (if that is their veiled, unofficial purpose) as completely self serving. A few years back when the TSA first started molesting people at air ports the government threatened an air blockade of our entire state.

SO.... they let the illegals in, they force the TSA down our pants, they close our power plants and prevent some like the 1.5 billion dollar plant in south Texas from even opening... now they want to help??

I call Bravo Sierra. if they cared AT ALL about this particular states well being they wouldn't undermine everything we try to do to make our own lives better and keep our families safe. labeling us as hostile in some drill is just icing on the cake. special ops shouldn't be practicing war on the people, it goes against everything this country was founded upon.

maybe Abbott is paying lip service... but at least he is doing that. the border regions in this country are a disaster and they are very dangerous, instead of having the military practice on us at the cost of millions they should be fixing the stupid border.

however that is not how "Clowered-Piven" strategies are played out.

I invite anyone who thinks this is "conspiracy" to move down here with your children and try the shoes on for yourself.

edit on 3-5-2015 by akira131 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Okay again I have to ask why this is any different than other military drills that we have had?

Seems this is just something the conspiracy theorists have jumped on and are making it something it isn't...but I will just leave you with this...

But it’s also worth noting that the military has routinely launched exercises in the past in which regions of the United States are identified as hostile for the purpose of training.

Consider Bold Alligator, a naval exercise in which thousands of Marines and sailors have been involved in the past. The most recent version was launched last fall, and included amphibious landings to prevent insurgent groups in the fictional country known as Garnet — Georgia and part of Florida in real life — from launching attacks.

In another example, U.S. Special Forces support fictional guerrilla forces in numerous counties across North Carolina in the exercise Robin Sage. Green Beret soldiers work to liberate the country of Pineland, and operate in close proximity to civilians, who are warned that they may hear blank gunfire.

Marine Special Operations troop also have an exercise that is in some ways similar and called Derna Bridge. It spans several counties in western South Carolina, and includes some activities in Sumter National Forest.

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/03/31/why-the-new-special-operations-exercise-freaking-out-the-internet-is-no-big-deal/[/ur l]

No martial law, and no government takeover happened after them just as nothing will happen during or after this.

And the Texas governor knows the National Guard of Texas is commanded by the same people running this drill, so if this was something nefarious they wouldn't tell him anyway...although there isn't going to be anything to tell except that it is a drill.

edit on 3-5-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They are just another standing army to put down the peoples redress of grievance (protest).

Sure they are. Who needs 'em.
publicsectorview.com...
4gwar.files.wordpress.com...
watchdog.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com...
www.fema.gov...

You mean protests like this:

edit on 5/3/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

publicsectorview.com...
4gwar.files.wordpress.com...
watchdog.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com...
www.fema.gov...
www.stripes.com...!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_804/image.jpg

Logic in this thread...what has the world come to?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Jus personally, I prefer my neighbors and I "guard" the hood, thank you very much.

That was borne out in the recent protests in Baltimore. Way less problems there than in Ferguson, for instance (or Kent State, for that matter).

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Jus personally, I prefer my neighbors and I "guard" the hood, thank you very much.
Too bad you weren't guarding the hood in Baltimore. Looks like they could have used your help.

That was borne out in the recent protests in Baltimore. Way less problems there than in Ferguson, for instance (or Kent State, for that matter).
Huh? What did the Guard do in Baltimore,or Ferguson? (Yes, I remember Kent State. There's been a lot of water under the bridge since then.)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Huh? What did the Guard do in Baltimore,or Ferguson? (Yes, I remember Kent State)

The footage I watched in Baltimore showed local community leaders (dare I say Muslims) stopping people from getting out of hand during the peaceful protests.

If someone threw a bottle they grabbed them and pulled them away, keeping the protest peaceful. Not everywhere of course.

The criminals weren't protesters, they knew the police were all at the demonstration and tore up a drug pharmacy, two guesses what they were after…

ETA: sorry I got turned around off topic. This is about Texas, not Baltimore.
edit on 3-5-2015 by intrptr because: ETA:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The criminals weren't protesters, they knew the police were all at the demonstration and tore up a drug pharmacy, two guesses what they were after…
Yes, the criminals were not protesters but they called themselves that. And they did quite a bit more than tear up a pharmacy. What's your point? What does it have to do with your claim that the National Guard is only a force to suppress protest?

Remember:

They are just another standing army to put down the peoples redress of grievance (protest).

i1.wp.com...
bloviatingzeppelin.net...
i.cbc.ca...!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/original_620/baltimore-police-riot.jpg
pbs.twimg.com...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

What's your point? What does it have to do with your claim that the National Guard is only a force to suppress protest?

You did say you remember Kent State…

…that being the upper end of the scale of possibility. Remember Watts? How about after MLK assassination? Rodney King?

Conversely, I don't have a problem with them during natural disasters.

Protests are a whole different matter.

Even if some buidings and cars burn. That shouldn't be declared a national emergency.

Can't handle crime in your city? What led to that? Can't handle protest against abuse of authority in your city? What led to that?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Remember Watts? How about after MLK assassination? Rodney King?
Yes. Do you think the burning and looting of Watts was a "protest?"

Even if some buidings and cars burn. That shouldn't be declared a national emergency.
It wasn't declared a national emergency.
But if you think it's no big deal. Good for you. I wonder if you might feel differently if it was your car or business which was destroyed.

Can't handle crime in your city? What led to that? Can't handle protest against abuse of authority in your city? What led to that?
Criminals lead to crime.

Protest is fine, and legal. The rioters were not protesters. You pointed out the difference yourself.

But hey, maybe you'll be lucky to never require the services of the Guard. Maybe you're immune to natural disasters. Oh, wait. That's not a function of the Guard. They only are there to suppress legal protest. Right?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I just want to point out that Governor Abbott appointed the Texas STATE Guard to watch the situation, not the National Guard. The Texas State Guard lists Governor Abbott as our commander-in-chief, whereas The Texas Army National Guard has our US President as commander-in-chief.

2nd-bn-tmar-state-tx.us...

To the OP: You need to correct your thread title.
edit on 3-5-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Protests are a whole different matter.

So when does a protest become a riot in your view?

So this was just a protest?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join