It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Governor Dispatches National Guard to Keep An Eye on Special Forces Drill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I guess we get to see what the real deal is soon enough. I'm speculating like the rest. I don't feel the state and federal government will work together in harmony very long regardless if the Huns are at the door. Keep your enemies close and your friends closer. I have to question everything. It isn't like I can change it but it sure gives me an advantage if the boot drops.
edit on 3-5-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO
a reply to: texasgirl

hi texasgirl! thanks for stopping by, i'd be obliged if you could PM or post some more info on that.

all i could find were infowars and beforeitsnews links, and only one piece of evidence provided, which is a pdf of a 2006 leaked civil ops manual. 115 pages, no reference to texas. also doesn't include the map inforwars attributed to it in one article.

www.infowars.com...

info.publicintelligence.net...

It was the Texas Nationalist Movement that first sounded the alarm on it and urged Texas citizens to contact Greg Abbott to do something about it.

Bastrop County courthouse held a public meeting in which several hundred Texans attended and protested it. That was in the Austin area so I wasn't able to attend (I'm in Dallas)

You might want to send a PM to MidlandGhost because he lives in an area that has one of the 5 mysterious Walmart closures and find out if there's any update on military movement.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Here's the Bastrop County Courthouse public meeting:

www.naturalnews.com...

Also, I have a couple of friends down in Austin who said there are reports of some land owners who have recently put up 'No Trespassing' signs.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

So the Governor of a US State is listening to a bunch of crackpots that want to secede from the United States? They're afraid that a military training exercise is a secret ploy by the President of the United States to invade a state that is already a US State?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Seems more like people ought to be worried about Abbot trying to become the President of Texas.

Just sayin'.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

So the Governor of a US State is listening to a bunch of crackpots that want to secede from the United States? They're afraid that a military training exercise is a secret ploy by the President of the United States to invade a state that is already a US State?

What makes you think they're all crackpots? This is the largest exercise that's been done in the U.S. since, what, the 50s?

Most citizens are worried about their property being destroyed, as it has happened before. They have a right to be concerned.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Governor Abbott was just elected and you already think he might want to be Texas president?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Might be that a Governor level would not really be allowed to do squat but act like a rooster and primp out his feathers.The people of that state decide if they secede or not.

However, Lincoln established the "Feds really won't allow it rules". I believe in his day Lincoln made the right choice to keep the Union together but there we lost a bit of the independent states rights. With the Fed's inviting un-document-able people from all over the world after you break in, we are inviting disaster.

The process to become a legal citizen is broken when it does not have to be. If you read the ICE statistics on this crowd being arrested, we have many that are released who have done bodily harm to victims country-wide over and over. Some lack of sense of the seriousness of these type of lax practices doomed Rome.
edit on 3-5-2015 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
They deem Texas as a "hostile" state in this Jade Helm exercise. That's why I think we are upset about it. If they hadn't done that then I think there wouldn't be that much outcry over it.

how many states have been deemed hostile in training exercises?

Seems like a normal part of military training to practice taking back or defeating a lost piece of land.

The people in Iraq might have benefited from similar training.

I don't know much about jade helm, I have yet to get swept up in it, but from a purely strategic perspective, training with hostels makes sense. I guess there is no harm in having the national guard watch over it though.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

You missed the allusion and it wasn't meant to be taken seriously anyway...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If all of this credible evidence is out there that ISIS wants to operate in Mexico or have been doing so already. Why haven't our military had boots on the ground there? Or are they waiting for them to start attacking the US so we can have more freedom taken away for national security? I don't believe anything that comes out of the Pentagon anymore and yet there are still people who think that the US government would not anything happen if they have prior know that it is coming. ...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

You missed the allusion and it wasn't meant to be taken seriously anyway...

I apologize. I don't read your posts often so I don't know you well.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If anything was gong to happen , I imagine they would start with Texas. Texas is technically not a State in the Union ,they are the Republic of Texas. The only reason that we consider them a state is that they were "forced" by a vote in Congress and the only state to be "inducted" into the Union. The people of Texas at the time did not want this and today a lot of people there still say they are not a part of the United States.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO

They deem Texas as a "hostile" state in this Jade Helm exercise.

hi texasgirl! thanks for stopping by, i'd be obliged if you could PM or post some more info on that.

all i could find were infowars and beforeitsnews links, and only one piece of evidence provided, which is a pdf of a 2006 leaked civil ops manual. 115 pages, no reference to texas. also doesn't include the map inforwars attributed to it in one article.

www.infowars.com...
info.publicintelligence.net...

You can also check with the files of the Austin american-Statesman. They have at least one article on it and the Bastrop Country public meeting in regard to Jade Helm 15.

Believe me, there is little that the feds can do without creating a howl from Texas. Now, you could assume that is exactly the idea, to see what would be a flash point in Texas. Still, a strong response should automatically be expected, what would be the point?

My own view is that Mexico can completely fall apart at any time and literally millions will pour across the border. And if we can't stop what is happening now, how would we handle millions spread across the southwestern states? What kind of resources would be needed in terms of supplies to feed millions, shelters, policing, etc. A tsunami of people inundating the southern states is more of a reality than "Old Faithful" (Yellowstone) blowing its top. In effect, everything south of San Antonio would become a war zone as desperate refugees over run local law enforcement in massive riots in the search for food and shelter. It would not simple be more of the same as happens today in larger numbers than usual.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

They deem Texas as a "hostile" state in this Jade Helm exercise. That's why I think we are upset about it. If they hadn't done that then I think there wouldn't be that much outcry over it.

how many states have been deemed hostile in training exercises?

Seems like a normal part of military training to practice taking back or defeating a lost piece of land.

The people in Iraq might have benefited from similar training.

I don't know much about jade helm, I have yet to get swept up in it, but from a purely strategic perspective, training with hostels makes sense. I guess there is no harm in having the national guard watch over it though.

Can you find out how many states have been labeled 'hostile' in the past? I'm not finding anything. Since you brought it up I am very interested to know.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

In an exercise, somebody has to be the bad guy and some area has to belong to said bad guy. They also declared part of California hostile, and all of Utah. It isn't pick on Texas day.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
If all of this credible evidence is out there that ISIS wants to operate in Mexico or have been doing so already. Why haven't our military had boots on the ground there?

i don't know much about diplomatiacy, but I'm pretty sure that would constitute an invasion of one of your trade partners, who also happens to be a neighboring country with a large standing army. probably makes more sense to prepare for the #storm where it's due to hit.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I Did not know that! Thanx! Hey, Love the Avatar!

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

My own view is that Mexico can completely fall apart at any time and literally millions will pour across the border.

we agree on how a lot of vocal texans are likely to view any federal operations being conducted in their state.

i think there's a chance of a failed mexican state going down within the next ten years, and if it did, your government would probably handle it the way europe is currently handling the volume of refugees dying in thousands on boats getting the # away from africa. which is to say, with a non-militaristic response.

an invading military, on the other hand, would provoke militaristic action in the border states.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Personally, I LIKE that our new governor has placed the Texas State Guard to monitor the exercise. It shows that he is listening to his citizens.

With all due respect, I have not seen 1 person, inside or outside of Texas who supports this move. The common theme is that of overreaction, political posturing, fear-mongering and dick-wagging by our new Gov.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join