It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Governor Dispatches National Guard to Keep An Eye on Special Forces Drill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
this npr article has the smug mid-40's prius-owning vibe you'd expect, but the facts appear to be on the up and up. the tldr is that governor abbott dispatched the national guard to monitor a special services drill because enough of his constituents were strongly convinced that obama was finally invading (sry, declaring martial law) to convince him that he oughtta at least appear to do something about it.

lulz aside, i'd like to break this story down and see if there isn't more to it.

Did I mention the ISIS terrorists? They've come across the border and are going to hit soft targets all across the Southwest.

that's not too far out, there's plenty information that backs it up.

The 2006 report overseen by McCaul, referencing a February 2003 report by the Library of Congress, says: "Statements made by high-ranking Mexican officials prior to and following the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks indicate that one or more Islamic terrorist organizations has sought to establish a presence in Mexico. In May 2001, former Mexican National security adviser and ambassador to the United Nations, Adolfo Aguilar Zinser, reported, that ‘Spanish and Islamic terrorist groups are using Mexico as a refuge.’"

www.politifact.com...

The video aired earlier this year as a recruitment tool makes clear that al Qaeda is looking to exploit weaknesses in U.S. border security and also is willing to ally itself with white militia groups or other anti-government entities interested in carrying out an attack inside the United States, according to counterterrorism officials interviewed by The Washington Times.

www.washingtontimes.com...

more recently-

Francis Taylor, under secretary for intelligence and analysis at the Department of Homeland Security, told a Senate committee today that the Sunni militants have been tracked discussing the idea on social-media sites such as Twitter Inc.

www.bloomberg.com...

that article asserts that the cartels wouldn't allow their business activities to interrupted by islamic extremists, but the zetas had no problems partnering with hezbollah, so it's not smart to assume that.

anyways, there's plenty more.

Bolivia Becoming a Hotbed of Islamic Extremism

Islamic Terrorist Activities in Latin America: Why the Region and the US Should be Concerned

Brazil latest base for Islamic extremists

meanwhile, alex jones, who has a major market share in texas, got a hold of dave hodges' story, and has been stirring the # as only a pro #-stirrer can. consequently, the colonel who showed up to the public briefing was greeted by 200 angry texans screeching questions about closed walmarts and martial law.

here's what i don't get. if there really was a soft invasion in the offing, wouldn't you WANT your military preparing for it? wtf.

i think the real story is that there is a developing #-storm south of the border, and that the u.s. military is getting ready for it. if anybody's got further info that'd give this idea wheels, drop it off here.

edit on 3-5-2015 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

here's what i don't get. if there really was a soft invasion in the offing, wouldn't you WANT your military preparing for it? wtf.

Soft invasions deserve a soft response. That is as invisible as the terrs in the Walmarts.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They wouldn't dare....

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

bear with me bud, i ain't all that bright. are you saying that a soft response is already underway?

or already over?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
They deem Texas as a "hostile" state in this Jade Helm exercise. That's why I think we are upset about it. If they hadn't done that then I think there wouldn't be that much outcry over it.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I was musing at the definition of "soft invasion".

The 'plan' down along the border is to stop infiltration of terrors, right? How is that to be carried when they can't stop drugs or migratory workers?

Personally, I get why the focus is on the Mexican border… the distraction is "terrorists".

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Personally, I LIKE that our new governor has placed the Texas State Guard to monitor the exercise. It shows that he is listening to his citizens.
edit on 3-5-2015 by texasgirl because: goofed

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It gets better, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are pandering to this as well. Both Presidential candidates have stated they would look into it.

Must be all that fracked water.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

They deem Texas as a "hostile" state in this Jade Helm exercise.

hi texasgirl! thanks for stopping by, i'd be obliged if you could PM or post some more info on that.

all i could find were infowars and beforeitsnews links, and only one piece of evidence provided, which is a pdf of a 2006 leaked civil ops manual. 115 pages, no reference to texas. also doesn't include the map inforwars attributed to it in one article.

www.infowars.com...
info.publicintelligence.net...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I was musing at the definition of "soft invasion".

The 'plan' down along the border is to stop infiltration of terrors, right? How is that to be carried when they can't stop drugs or migratory workers?

Personally, I get why the focus is on the Mexican border… the distraction is "terrorists".

coming at it from another angle, maybe it's not worth putting texas on lockdown and sending in the stormtroopers for anything less than an army of guerrillas toting dirty bombs.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is a different 'exercise' than the one in California? Are there any reports of terrs crossing the Cnandian border? Seems it would be easier to sneak across there…

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

lol, we keep our noses clean up here. solid infrastructure and a stable economy make canada a far less opportune staging point than latin america.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
When they portray them as tin foil hat wearing home grown terrorists, the masses will eat it up. The patriots are being targeted before they can pose a threat. They don't have to jump in half cocked. They can bide their time and cook the pot to a slow boil. Make the states look like idiots and unfit to rule. After the damage is done everyone will cheer and yes will be no and good will be bad.

Nah, I'm just bull#tin.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The states that pledge allegiance to the federal war machine will be rewarded.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Civil war is next.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
States rights ya know.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Make me a flag that says, ' GET # DONE'.
edit on 3-5-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

the balance of the evidence points to another target, i.e. a large-ish force coming up through mexico. it seems like the texan anti-fed bias is being whipped up by controlled opposition in the alternative media and used to kick up the dust around that possibility.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The content of all our text books is decided in Texas...

smh

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

the balance of the evidence points to another target, i.e. a large-ish force coming up through mexico. it seems like the texan anti-fed bias is being whipped up by controlled opposition in the alternative media and used to kick up the dust around that possibility.

A two for one special master stroke.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join