It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel is a Reality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
hey guys, ive just been listening to an interview of al beilek (the guy who was involved in the phillidelphia experiment) www.americanantigravity.com he was going on about other experiments he had been involved in and one was time travel i urge you guys too take a listen. He talked about a major diesease that would break out and kill millions of people everyday.(starting in 2005)

Also similar things like the 'movie day after tomorrow would occur sometime in the future.

Mod Edit: Decapped Title

[edit on 22-12-2004 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
You of course realize there is a slim to none chance that any of those things could happen, also time travel is impossible, time is not a physical thing it is only a way of measuring.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
well i hope your right, but the guy sounds pretty sure about it in the interview?

he goes on about creating electro magnetic fields that distort time and create like a black hole to travel into time.

too be honest, i wouldnt be suprised if this is true.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Probally is true. But their are other ways of time travel that have been prooven. It's just we can't travel at light speed yet!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Actually, time travel is true, as I will demonstrate.

While looking at this image, slowly count down from 10 to 0

If you have performed the actions mentioned above correctly, you will have moved forward in time approximately ten seconds.

Hence, time travel does exist.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I'm surprised this thread hasnt been locked, considering theres an older topic on time travel right under this one.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   
being a physics guy... i can tell you the idea of time travel is kind of strange, many things that we plug into equations involve time, the strange thing is it doesn't always seem to matter which wait the time is going

being a logical guy... time travel makes no sense to me, i mean, lets just say you see into the future, you see you die in a car accident while driving a red volvo (just an example) so for the rest of your days you never step foot inside a red volvo (i wouldn't) so do you just not die? no you die eventually, you travelling to the future was just wrong.
makes no sense to me, although that does mean it is imposible

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Al Bielek is full of it. Tesla didn't have an degrees? Quantum physics was invented by who? Sounds like he's just making stuff up as he goes and doesn't really know anything other than baseless conspiracy theories.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
this is a work of pure genious

Originally posted by Pisky
Actually, time travel is true, as I will demonstrate.

While looking at this image, slowly count down from 10 to 0

If you have performed the actions mentioned above correctly, you will have moved forward in time approximately ten seconds.

Hence, time travel does exist.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
this is a work of pure genious

Originally posted by Pisky
Actually, time travel is true.......Hence, time travel does exist.

How so very true!

Time is always moving forward 1 second at a time.

Our problem is, how can we "cancel out" the next 10 secs. to get to the 11th in the "next second?" Ehh, if you know what I mean?

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Not only is time travel possible, its been proven. According to Einsten the faster one goes the faster time will go. Speed increases time.

To test this theory some scientist synchronised two atomic clocks. one was left stationary and the other was placed on a jet and flew around the world. when compared the clock in motion had moved ahead of the clock that was stationary. This experiment was used to prove one aspect of the theory of relativity.

As of yet we don't have the technology to actually move forward in time, but it's been proven that we can.

Now if we can just reverse engineer this, There was a girl in highschool I just know I could have been with....

Thats another story...

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
..Um, no, that's actually the opposite of what happens, wupy.

The higher the speed, or the higher the gravitational forces upon an object, the slower time will move for that object.

It's actually applied to the space that that object moves through - but for simplicity, we'll assume it's just the object.

The clock flown in the jet moved faster than the clock on earth NOT because it was moving at a greater speed - but because it was farther from Earth's center of gravity, and thus had a weaker force exerted upon it, so it was allowed to move at a greater speed.

If the jet had gone hundreds of thousands of times faster - then the clock on the jet would have gone WAY slower, and would have been behind the clock sitting at home on the earth.

Mozo: that's a common paradox. There's a number of possible ways to deal with it.

1) The 'you' that you saw was in a branch off of our universe. It was a real future but not necessarily your future, just one version of you.
2) Your actions to avoid your future will result in your future. You refusing to get into a Red Honda get you into a car that gets stolen and you are taken hostage into another car later - a Red Volvo that you die in.

Damn - I have to go. The point is that there's numerous ways to get around your logical fallacy.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
While time passes slower for the people in the fast-moving object, it means that they are in essence travelling faster than time.. because while they will have aged only one year, the people on earth may have aged 10.. get it?

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Woops! My bad. Your absolutely right. Time slowed down the closer one aproached the speed of light.

Talk about a brain fart! I'll be more careful in the future.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
So let me get this straight, according to Einstein time travelling FORWARD is possible? That would mean we can't time travel backward?

And in response to the clock experiment, it seems very interesting. However, that would basically equate to anything being on a jet would be time travelling forward, correct? Assuming that's true, then how come when I get off a long plane flight nothing (on the ground) has really changed?

So in essence, what we're looking at here is that you're changing the clock, but people still living on Earth are unaffected. If so, then what is the point of time travel?

Sorry if this was confusing. I'm confusing myself now...

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Blackout, the reason why that is, is because in order to notice the Time Dilation effect you would have to be going really really fast, about 1/4th the speed of light. When you reach lightspeed time stops alltogether I believe.

Here is an excellent page from wikipedia.org that explains the Time Dilation effect Eistein talked about. BTW 2005 is the centennial of one of Al's theories forget which one though, my brain isn't working too much egg-nog

en.wikipedia.org...

And for the record theoretically you can go backward in time, because all time exists simultaniously, we are the ones travelling its line in one direction. All one needs to do to go back in time is to go faster then light. Check out Techyons.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 26-12-2004 by sardion2000]

[edit on 26-12-2004 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm horrible at science so I don't understand any of Einstein's theories to its full extent

What I'm trying to say is that only ONE person feels these changes, correct? Say I'm moving at 1/4 of lightspeed. Then time has presumably fast forwarded for me. However, the world has not been moving at the same speed. So now if you think about it, I'm moving into non-existant territory.

In fact, I'm making myself look like a complete idiot right now among all you scientists

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well I'm not a Scienists just a buff of sorts. And you are trying to learn and that is a good thing.

What I'm trying to say is that only ONE person feels these changes, correct? Say I'm moving at 1/4 of lightspeed. Then time has presumably fast forwarded for me. However, the world has not been moving at the same speed. So now if you think about it, I'm moving into non-existant territory.

Well you almost got it. Time is relative to the observer, wether the observer is travelling at 50,000 kps or travelling at 1/4th the speed of light it will seem no different to each observer. The only way you would be able to tell is the person travelling on earth at 50,000 kps give or take(and yes I do believe earths speed is constant...at least relatively speaking) would be much physically old then the person travelling at 1/4th the speed of light.

Time doesn't act like a VCR in thats its linear, time is not linear we only percieve to be Linear. Most scientists now believe that Time exists simultainously. It exists all at the same time, maybe in a loop of sorts but who knows.

I suggest you really study the links I provided and also google it up as there might be some more material that is more suitable to the Layman.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I was wondering if anybody know this person who build a time travel machine and demonstrated on BBC TV (back in 2003)...His name is Aage Nost...i believe that this interview was discontinued and the transcript was unvailable...For some reason Aage Nost disappear and was nowhere to be found...

Now they finaly release the transcript of the event/interview below (I dont think they included all the interview lines...):

AAGE NOST: In the beginning when I was working with this machine I couldn’t get anything to happen, but after I started manipulating my brainwave pattern at the same time I started getting flashes of light coming from the side into my field of vision and I found myself walking down the street and I walked up to a newspaper stand and I picked up a newspaper and I was able to read that newspaper and that newspaper was six months into the future. Some of the things that I saw in the future is very hard to believe, this country is in for some hard times. From about the Fall of 2004 the stock market and economy in this country is starting to take a dive. A year later in about the Fall of 2005 it gets to the point where we almost have an armed uprising, the military will have to step in and create order and install a new government...

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Anyboy knows about Aage Nost?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join