It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you say why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
So there I was today, actually out and about, a ATS member, not in my basement, but out in the sun light! Lol (not that I live in a basement," but out in public, little old conspiracy therorist me. Proud member of super site. A site that prides itself on basically trying to get to the bottom of things...

Of course in my mere observations of the world going by I had so many thoughts of " I wonder what the folks of ATS would think about that....or this....., being a member thinker of this site, I'm guessing I'm not the only one that has those kind of days. What would people on ATS say???

Then you find yourself really pondering and think I need to write about this or that and before you know it, you have 5 or 6 things that would make wonderful topics.

Then when it comes time, all the sudden you don't put the pen to paper. X Why is that?
Can you imagine how many awesome thoughts that have been had by members here that were never actually posted? Granted some I'm sure we may be thankful, but that is kind of the whole point of this post.

How many of us do walk around and "Know what we saw?" ( for one example), regardless of whatever catorgory it may fall in.

We can even write the whole thing out in our head to post here, but never actually do. Why is this?
Please don't tell me the possible ridicule...
The great thinkers of our times, and times of past paid no mind to that. That was the least of their concerns if I were to guess. Fortunate for us..
Still though...we who don't get those thoughts or observations of our own out there, Why not?

edit on 5/2/15 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
usually because I get side tracked, or bored, or don't feel like it when it comes time to do all that work.

I know, I'm a horrible person

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

i lack the fluency of illustration (eloquence) that's needed for properly conveying my thoughts;

and so I often give up trying before I can put together something that's coherent.

also, my thoughts, which I find interesting: they're generally not well suited for an audience... yes, even this crazy f$%%ing place.

e.g. could I make a form that, when placed over an ant hill, filled with dirt, and left to be worked by the ant colony, would result in the resemblance of a monument? e.g. the leaning tower of ant hill, the statue of ant hill, etc... that sort of stupid stuff.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I actually just don't post much because normally I want to discuss overly serious topics in depth and I'm well aware no one cares. That's all.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
never mind :>(

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

That's interesting, I have never wondered what people on ATS would think about something outside of ATS!

Anyway, my suggestion is to carry around a pad of paper and a pencil. Then, when I have those things I don't want to forget, I write them down. This is especially effective on more complicated topics. I mean, I guess it's common sense, but actually doing it consistently can be difficult.

Our brains can only parse so much information at once. I used to think I was "clever" enough that writing down facets for further exploration was unnecessary. But, when I actually tried it, everything from my scientific work, to random ideas, to picking up paper towels was made more streamlined as well as in depth.

Now, I have a whole system for it. It allows me to clear out space in my thought processes without losing coherency or detail. I have found that priceless!

I suppose one could do the same on a phone as well, but for me, I prefer the paper. Especially when it comes to diagrams, math, charts, etc. The more quickly I can save it on paper, the more quickly I can progress on all ideas.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
never mind :>(

Omg I laughed so hard.

Now, whenever I see:

NVM
*edited by...*

I will think of you.

top topics

join