It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey folks. I did a rock cover of a song by The Who. I'm playing everything. Please check it out.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: impaired

Oh hello there! Hey, I had eventually got to leave a comment on youtube. When my computer needs an update, vids and things go wonky until I get them. It is set to receive them automatically, so I suffer for a few days or so in the meantime. Weird.

Have you been working on any more originals??????

Oh no, definitely not. I did just get a very powerful and fast laptop though, which means I could be mobile if I want (meaning I can record vocals or anything else anywhere). That can open doors for me, and so maybe in the near future I'll get on it and release some more stuff.

I have this awesome original called "Never Again", but the vocals aren't complete and I can't figure out where to go from there (in the meantime, I just copied and pasted the vocals I had to other parts of the song). And so, the song is stalled until I figure out what to do. If you want to hear it, let me know and I'll send you an incomplete version (I don't want to upload an incomplete to Youtube - that's not how I roll). It's a really decent song! I just need those damned vocals!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
Listened to your original a the first thing that sprang to mind was Nirvana . Good job and keep the origionals coming .

Thanks for listening.

Yeah, Nirvana was the first band I ever got into. In fact, I wasn't even remotely interested in music until then.

I still remember it clearly: I was 12 years old. There was a song I heard on the radio one time back then which absolutely blew me away. I remember asking everyone who sang the song and what was it called.

It was "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. So I asked my mom to get me the Nirvana album for Christmas of that year. I told her which one to get, and when I got it, I found out "Teen Spirit" wasn't even on the album.

What I had was "In Utero". I started listening to that album the day I got it and it was then that I realized I wanted a guitar - right that very minute.

I remember I had a computer (for the tech savvy, it was a 386DX 25MHZ with 1 Megabyte of RAM, a 120 MB hard drive, and a 2400 baud modem). The thing was my baby - even though it wasn't the fastest at the time.

Regardless, I remember putting an ad in the classified section of my local newspaper to sell the computer (so I could buy a guitar). Now that I think about it, I remember now that the guy who responded to the ad actually traded me his electric Gibson Epiphone guitar and a small practice amp for my computer.

And so, I began to play. I taught myself everything (and this was the pre-internet days).

Nirvana really got me into it all. They're still up there as one of my favorite bands. The top for me, however, is Alice in Chains.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hey everyone.

So, I tried making a music video with me playing everything. It's my first foray into the world of video editing. I'm literally crash-coursing myself into learning Adobe After Effects, and just working with video in general.

In the clip of the video you're about to see, Everything looks cool for the most part (besides me not doing a better job at rotoscoping myself). One of the other problems, however, is that the bass player version of me looks bald (I'm not bald at all) and looks like a serial killer or something. It was the lighting. But regardless, I want to grow my hair out more and learn the program before I shoot the 3rd version, which should be the final.

I had and used only one camera to shoot this video - my camera phone. It's a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which does HD recording (even at 4K, which I didn't use). It's awesome how I pulled off (and learned) the different camera angles considering I only had one camera to work with.

So, check out what I have so far! - And remember: It's not final and I hate how the bass player me looks! I do not look like that normally at all.

Do you folks think that if I pull this off perfectly (no glitches, better looking me playing bass, etc.) that this video could really be something?

<< 1  2   >>

join