It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official, I hate America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Volvo1st

originally posted by: tadaman
Oh look another BS thread about the US.

I don't think Elementalist wrote BS thread

You sound ignorant of Actions of America, in India we learn about America in Universities as something to be very weary of.

Propaganda & conditioning is a real biatch ain't it

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Volvo1st
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

What good are the few Americans that are allowed to protest.

They only serve to make believe that America has democracy.

Large portion of Anerican people are just fine with what their government does because they do nothing about it.

Your last point is true.

But once again, there is a big difference between saying ALL Americans are dumb, don't do anything, etc, and saying that most seem to be sheeple.

Note that I was responding to the generalization of the op, which is offensive and inaccurate. People diminish their own points when they make sweeping generalizations.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
No, I can't stand American people, from those I've met in person, to the millions of armchair warriors on the internal net..

Considering that the majority of ATSers are Americans ... guess that means you hate most everyone here too. Right?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

originally posted by: beezzer
I'm getting ignored.

Just waiting to see what country America should be emulating.

All hindsight obviously, but how bout Costa Rica?

No military, and over half the country is protected land..

And Costa Rica still has a massive low income or impoverished population. A much higher percentage than in the US or any other developed country....

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Elementalist
No, I can't stand American people, from those I've met in person, to the millions of armchair warriors on the internal net..

Considering that the majority of ATSers are Americans ... guess that means you hate most everyone here too. Right?

I do believe that's what he was getting at LoL

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Well there can't be a rebellion...Half the people are now dependent on the current gov't for their livelihood whether it be for a job or welfare...
Another large group are those who think they are getting rich in the stock market and those millions of small businesses who are making big bucks off chinese junk to sell to Americans...
And then there's the third group who would like to see a 'restored' America...That group is opposed by the first two groups as well as the current gov't...
And then there is the group whose only concern is, 'where am I going to get the next Joint' and who's got the X-box controller...

America is dying...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Volvo1st

In my universities in the USA we are warned that our professors can be bias and use their classes as a soap box. maybe Indian student should also use caution in their universities?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

America called. She hates you too.

But plans to sleep fine tonight.

Why? Is there a curfew?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

All of us in the Western world live in the belly of the beast...

America is that beast.

Earth is my home, humans are my kin no matter color or nation they think represents them.. Canada does not represent me, as it's government is just as lost and does not have my interests at heart.

America's government and policies do not represent every single American as well...

America's brutal foreign policy (exploitation of military might for selfish gains) combined with its own societal decay clearly shows that the government does not have the people's best interest at heart. But then again: What government does?

A bloody neighbourhood in Cali blew up due to poor infrastructure a few years ago; California and Detroit's water crisis; the gun violence that kills more people daily than in war torn countries, and so on -reflects more a second or third world nation issues than a first world nation, and those who fail to realize that despite the fact all nations have issues, the ones unable to see how apart American society stands from the likes of Canada, Netherlands, Britain, Finland, Germany, are the ones who are blind patriots.

Most Americans are not stupid despite how the world tries to paint them. I can easily trash America based on what my eyes PERSONALLY witnessed and have done so in the past. America has given the world a lot of good things as well that we mustn't forget. But that does not excuse the bad...

Try to remember that people are innately the same wherever we go...

It is the environment that is different and we are all a product of our environment. This is why it is good to embrace a more global mind set.

In saying that:

Earth is my home, humans are my kin no matter color or nation they think represents them..

I agree. Again, we are all in the belly of the beast. Yet, your entire post oozes a separatist mindset for America. If the world is all yours, go to America and help your brothers and sisters there.

We are ONE....right?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

It's official, I hate America

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yes people need to snap out of weaponized opinions, and see what is happening, who it benefits, group up, write in and phone in and form counsels of citizens, or die trying, but with higher mind, not fighting.

Alas we're in a world that is so programmed that even speaking up on these issues off the net, makes you fanatical and unbalanced.

And in any region where a group formed, there would be shutdowns, intimidation and they'd be taken out.

So speaking up, is how you free your mind and that is how you leave this planet. You're putting the waking up process down, the physical freedom is a lot trickier, some would say impossible without intervention. The best process is to wake people up, so that in every region there is strong goodness that thinks differently or votes differently.

Wayshowers don't blame the victims or those with Stockholm Syndrome.

Everyone is enabling this system but martyrs are quickly forgotten.

And you must know this so one of the questions becomes, is this thread a giant sting operation to see if any radical will jump to the bit?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The solution to me is that people do not vote in those running, as they're all corrupt. They choose one of their own, with a list of some changes to make, the biggest being, to be able to vote them out and fire them without benefits or pension and that they're responsible for criminal activities while elected.

In addition, its local. Adopt your whole community as if it was a giant eco farm and find out where people are struggling, ie energy bills, gmo foods, loss of jobs or too many corporate jobs where you can't speak out or make waves, and start to create beneficial things, alternative energy makeovers, cottage industries and gain power back.

And keep waking others up.

Don't know what else would work, the local community part is partly under the radar, and anything above the radar would be stopped.

Also starting a campaign to write in, with lots of different letters and examples. Make it easy for people to speak up.

But so far alot of people who wake up with experiences and understand what this should be instead, are hidden. They have conditions or situations where speaking out isn't really a big option, unless those with more health and reputation do it. And that makes me think very strongly, that we don't change the world, the world changes us to quote the sentiments of 2 other writers.

Most people are enduring this massive takeover and corruption, ie those with a conscience, counting the IOU's that this group of bullies owe them, those who think might makes right haven't seen anything yet when life is over.

However its a very good thing that they will OWE massive amounts to those with a conscience who love others, they'll be in good hands.

But having understanding and love for others, seeing the web they're trapped in and the mindsets, should bring a person to encourage the good in them, and do things that help, lighten their burdens and loads and bring some solutions, but don't blame any of the people here.

That reminds me of a relative helping clean up a disabled who had to voice incredible blame and shame all the while assisting someone who needs services that are non existence, it was just pure selfishness to vent as he did.
edit on 4-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Dude step outside or something you have been crawling around alternative news sites and watching obscure youtube videos for too long

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The USA is a pretty solid place partner. Need to keep things in perspective. Need to remember at least you can speak against your country if you choose to and not worry about significant repercussions or any for that matter.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Double Post Deleted
edit on 4-5-2015 by anotherdaytoday because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I am with you, but it's not only in america, it's in many countries throughout the world. Prosperity dementia. I'm trying to publish some papers to wake people up, because I don't know what to do else. If the mindset for a change lacks in the majority of people, most attempts on your own are useless.

It's sad, that people don't realize society is rolling down the hill, and they still play the ignorant role, take part in common activities (elections, etc.) thinking it would change something. They maybe notice that something is going on, something is not optimal, something sucks - but not enough to realize how much is wrong.

But the problem of standing up and fight is: there is no physical enemy. There is not a slavedriver whipping you, and who you can punch back. Instead we are all stuck in this intertwined system of social, economics, job, exploitation etc. It's in every single aspect in our life integrated. It needs many people to realize how the world works (and how money and banks destroyed their lifes and the point of autarkical nations) and we'd need strong nations who do something different.

I almost feel paralyzed after the knowledge I gained through the years and I've actually lost hope for better times. Because when you see the dimensions of it, it's quite impossible to change it. It needs something big to change it. Something really big. Sometimes I just wish a giant meteor would instantly stop this madness.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Well, there's all that, but hate can only get folks so far. Compassion, however, drove my community to build the first earth ship within city limits, as affordable housing for our homeless population over the winter. Sparked an idea for the community garden my friends and I have been working on this month. Allows me to reach out the small sphere of influence I can impact and do so. You're right, it's not rants or opinions we need now, nor shame. There are people, communities worth being proud of here, and if I ever lived somewhere that wasn't I'd strive to make it so. This comes from within. Unfortunately, I imagine the backlash to posts like this one is a response in kind. Challenges only further fuel competition, and we're all in this together.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Settle down, Beavis

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It really gets me mad when you refer to America as a "country", or as some sort of a "unique entity" at the other side of the ocean. What a huge subconscious Ego you got right there...

First of all, America is a continent, not a country, that's why all the problems you may have over there (North) have nothing to do with my country and with any other country in South America, for instance. I'm American, too (from the South, however), but for some reason I've never experienced such a strong Ego-feeling consuming me that every time I refer to my country I must address it as if it was a whole continent... then you wonder why everyone else finds you the way we do.

Have you ever met, for instance, any European or Asian person who's claiming all the time how cool his/her country is and how proud they are of all the things their countries have done so far for the human kind? I mean, for sure everyone's proud of their country, but you guys seem to be unable to stop it, and it feels like you are lacking attention all the time and trying to feel "important" in a world that doesn't care more about ones than others.

Just be more humble, people, cause no one really cares about your country, you are not the center of the world and if you really deserve respect, you can be 100% sure you won't go unnoticed and you will be respected for what you've done.

I don't hate the United States, but I don't love them either, you got a lot of work to do before any of us can take you seriously.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join