It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunger for Power & Thirst for Abilities! What for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Humanity is and odd bunch..... just like the odd dot...... is it odd..... or so not........

You hunger power, you thirst for knowledge, you seek truth at an end of a tunnel where there is no tunnel.....

First foremost let go of ways of old & not seek new.... you will not find the morbid thought....

The order came before my time..... my grandad was a cunny funt...... we thought he's crazy.... and lost his mind.... but he knew the truth....

Of all the time.....omnia qui sunt lumino sunt

What you all seek can not be bought, nor given, nor taken and not traded.... the spark comes with a divine right and we know it as a mundane right.....

You can punch the wall and curse the skies..... but if you don't got it.... well than cancel your flight.....

Many of you seek power that can not be wielded by simple minds..... nor can it be trained......

Your brain is like a sponge soaked in gasoline..... or a fuse box.......

If you over strain your fuse box too much..... well..... it will blow out the fuses.....

Same as taking a match to a gasoline soaked sponge..... combusted you will become.....

I don't mean to destroy your hopes and dreams, it can be done but the risk of pain is greater than the gain....

Also don't read me the same old lie "I want to help my humankind"..... a mere lie among the field painted in thirst and hunger to rule the land....

This is mainly the primary reason why humanity is limited and can not access the control panel to flip on the switch. Must we first grow and learn to take it all!

I apologize if it sounds like a riddle and also yes I love my dots..... But it is as simple as it all there is a right and than there is a RIGHT..... yet very few can climb the top.

However, as I said be warned the prices is just for such a right and it has the chance to blow your mind

edit on 2-5-2015 by VitaArcana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
There are ways to achieve these goals.... but as I said.... What do you wish it for

Side effects include vegetative state, insanity, total neural destruction, aging at a vast rate, heart attack, total collapse. Very rarely death.....

If your cause is right and you stay true.... than stop seeking for ways of old or books of new.....

Walk to a mirror and see it true..... what is the truth will be for you...

Each one has a path to travel and road to choose..... but don't confuse the lie and truth....

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: VitaArcana

What you all seek can not be bought, nor given, nor taken and not traded.... the spark comes with a divine right and we know it as a mundane right

That which we seek does come at a price ... not measured in gold coins but measured by one's efforts and intentions

If there is such a thing as divine by birth then all have claim to that divinity ...

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

What you all seek can not be bought, nor given, nor taken and not traded.... the spark comes with a divine right and we know it as a mundane right

That which we seek does come at a price ... not measured in gold coins but measured by one's efforts and intentions

If there is such a thing as divine by birth then all have claim to that divinity ...

Indeed & Quiet so!

Intent and effort is measured true without it all you'll just hit a wall....

This is why no one can truly flip on and quiet reach the light switch.....

It's up at that height to ensure no childish mind plays with the lights

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

It's up at that height to ensure no childish mind plays with the lights

I concur ...

Imagine a child throwing a tantrum ... " But But why can't I have my own Universe to play with " ...

We are limited by our own lack of understanding ... and some things will remain hidden or hermetically sealed
One might think they can steal the key but would find the box empty
Some things are hidden for our own safety

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It just human nature behind curiosity really, and maybe the exact fear of being just mortal, or hope to be something more like how ancient man wished to be among the Gods or just Gods entirely. Its that fear of hopelessness that probably play a key factor in mental drive, but how well harnessed that drive is, could heavily rely on the methodology behind it, if there is any at all.

Is it that hunger that has more to do with being able to do something, like the idea of practice makes perfect to be on par with someone who has a natural talent in a certain ability or skill . Like how everyone loves the under dog rise to the top, while the anticipation to see a champion fall.

edit on 2-5-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Stop working for the Illuminati, it's all over for those bunch of bums.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: deloprator20000

Why do you think that

edit on 2-5-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Just wondering why you refer us all as you? shouldn't it be we?...are you an alien?.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I refer to us as you.... why?.... because when you remove all emotions..... what are you?.... you!...... so than I am you.....you are me.... me are we......

Emotions and all these things are like a side track playing a different tune for everyone...... it makes you the you that you are..... but when you remove that..... what are you?...... you.....the we.....becomes the you......

The conscience is a very interesting unstudied foreign ground that still needs to be excavated and studied further.....

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Fear is the base emotion that spawns ego, hate and all other other negative emotions. The base fear is the fear of lack of control over once own existence. Power acts as some control over once existence and thusly once fear; because of this most things alive in existence seeks power for themselves.

-MM

edit on 3-5-2015 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You dont want the ability to haduken something? No kokekekeroka?

I do, I want to kame kame haaaaa, some people....maybe super strength to move my car around and do yard work.....

Invisibility? Become a perv.

Bullet proofness? Become the worlds best paid assasin.

flight? save on air fare.

I want super powers for all the wrong reasons.

Or to save us from ourselves....I would be hated but necessary.....
edit on 5 3 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: VitaArcana
Humanity is and odd bunch..... just like the odd dot...... is it odd..... or so not........

You hunger power, you thirst for knowledge, you seek truth at an end of a tunnel where there is no tunnel.....

First foremost let go of ways of old & not seek new.... you will not find the morbid thought....

The order came before my time..... my grandad was a cunny funt...... we thought he's crazy.... and lost his mind.... but he knew the truth....

Of all the time.....omnia qui sunt lumino sunt

What you all seek can not be bought, nor given, nor taken and not traded.... the spark comes with a divine right and we know it as a mundane right.....

You can punch the wall and curse the skies..... but if you don't got it.... well than cancel your flight.....

Many of you seek power that can not be wielded by simple minds..... nor can it be trained......

Your brain is like a sponge soaked in gasoline..... or a fuse box.......

If you over strain your fuse box too much..... well..... it will blow out the fuses.....

Same as taking a match to a gasoline soaked sponge..... combusted you will become.....

I don't mean to destroy your hopes and dreams, it can be done but the risk of pain is greater than the gain....

Also don't read me the same old lie "I want to help my humankind"..... a mere lie among the field painted in thirst and hunger to rule the land....

This is mainly the primary reason why humanity is limited and can not access the control panel to flip on the switch. Must we first grow and learn to take it all!

I apologize if it sounds like a riddle and also yes I love my dots..... But it is as simple as it all there is a right and than there is a RIGHT..... yet very few can climb the top.

However, as I said be warned the prices is just for such a right and it has the chance to blow your mind

I don't care what anyone thinks about this, there are definitely abilities to be gained from metaphysics. If you join up with an elite satanic group(Which I have considered but not done), like say the Tempe ov Blood, you get to kidnap and kill innocent people. It's called 'culling' and the reason for it is to weed out weakness. Basically anti-semetism but for morality not race. These activities repeated will either make or break you. If you completely diminish your soul to nothing(black magic) you are essentially spiritually indestructible. If I am used to torturing and killing toddlers all day(Which personally I am not), there's really nothing you can do to scare me. If I killed someone who was a family member, how can you hurt me? Interesting isn't it So there are definitely powers to be gained, but are they pyromancy and telekinesis? Possibly, there are levels to everything...

I'd like to know more about what powers you speak of though. You should make a thread in general chit chat and 'tag' me somehow.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Only so many marbles can fit in a jar. As it's in a jar it's in the universe. Only so many can have the RIGHT. So it's not easily earned.

It's the way.

In a slightly less sexy way of putting it, many games are made to appeal to people who thirst for power and abilities. The Bartle test was created ~15 years ago and it tries to profile gamers:
en.wikipedia.org - Bartle Test....

Achievers

Also known as "Diamonds," these are players who prefer to gain "points," levels, equipment and other concrete measurements of succeeding in a game. They will go to great lengths to achieve rewards that confer them little or no gameplay benefit simply for the prestige of having it.

Single-player appeal to the Achiever

Every game that can be "beaten" in some way caters to the Achiever play style by giving them something to accomplish. Games that offer special movies, extra endings, or other bonuses for beating it with a 100% completion rating appeal to Achievers.

Multi-player appeal to the Achiever

One of the appeals of online gaming to the Achiever is that he or she has the opportunity to show off their skill and hold elite status to others. They value (or despise) the competition from other Achievers, and look to the Socializers to give them praise. As they achieve more, they are no longer easy targets of the Killers and may enjoy their new position on the food chain. These gamers also tend to like seeing their user names at the top of scoreboards and ladder systems. Many games cater to these players by offering special titles or exclusive mounts or other in-game items to those that place in the top of the competitive ladder. Microsoft's Xbox Live utilizes the Gamerscore to reward Achievers, who can get points by completing difficult "Achievements" in the various games they purchase. They can, in turn, compare themselves to other gamers from around the world.

In many ways, the Achiever is the style of play most targeted by the MMORPG genre. In many successful MMOs, there is always something else to achieve; even when the character has reached the highest level, there are usually rare items to obtain and objectives that were bypassed the first time around. Since Achievers can sometimes set very obscure goals for themselves, especially if they feel like they'll be (among) the first to achieve them, they may spend long periods of time engaging in a repetitive action in order to get one more award.

All reads so familiar, even though they're just gamers.

Worth noting is all gamers have at least some Achiever in them. Therer'e four ratings: Achiever, Explorer, Socializer, Killer. Whichever rating is highest is the primary category, but all players are scored in the others too.

The original database servers for the tests were moved to gamerDNA:
en.wikipedia.org - GamerDNA...

Anybody interested in taking the test can go here:
www.gamerdna.com - gamerDNA | Discover what's really happening in the games people are playing and discussing...
edit on 10-5-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
Only so many marbles can fit in a jar. As it's in a jar it's in the universe. Only so many can have the RIGHT. So it's not easily earned.

It's the way.

In a slightly less sexy way of putting it, the largest segment of the gaming population are Achievers, according to the Bartle test:

Achievers

Also known as "Diamonds," these are players who prefer to gain "points," levels, equipment and other concrete measurements of succeeding in a game. They will go to great lengths to achieve rewards that confer them little or no gameplay benefit simply for the prestige of having it.

One of the appeals of online gaming to the Achiever is that he or she has the opportunity to show off their skill and hold elite status to others. They value (or despise) the competition from other Achievers, and look to the Socializers to give them praise. As they achieve more, they are no longer easy targets of the Killers and may enjoy their new position on the food chain. These gamers also tend to like seeing their user names at the top of scoreboards and ladder systems. Many games cater to these players by offering special titles or exclusive mounts or other in-game items to those that place in the top of the competitive ladder. Microsoft's Xbox Live utilizes the Gamerscore to reward Achievers, who can get points by completing difficult "Achievements" in the various games they purchase. They can, in turn, compare themselves to other gamers from around the world.

In many ways, the Achiever is the style of play most targeted by the MMORPG genre. In many successful MMOs, there is always something else to achieve; even when the character has reached the highest level, there are usually rare items to obtain and objectives that were bypassed the first time around. Since Achievers can sometimes set very obscure goals for themselves, especially if they feel like they'll be (among) the first to achieve them, they may spend long periods of time engaging in a repetitive action in order to get one more award.

Worth noting is all gamers have at least some Achiever in them. Therer'e four ratings: Achiever, Explorer, Socializer, Killer.

Hey man, nice shot.(Great contribution)

Where do I fit in? As someone who spent his sheep years a highly competitive gamer (10th on the MK9 leaderboards for first year of release, yeah what's good West-wood!?) Also how does this play into people who love sandbox sim? I could care less about wrecking kids on fighting games now, I'd rather explore the universe and the psyche. How does an explorer compare to the "Achiever" in this amazing Metaphor/analogy?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OfManAndWolf

originally posted by: jonnywhite

It's the way.

In a slightly less sexy way of putting it, the largest segment of the gaming population are Achievers, according to the Bartle test:

Achievers

Worth noting is all gamers have at least some Achiever in them. Therer'e four ratings: Achiever, Explorer, Socializer, Killer.

Hey man, nice shot.(Great contribution)

Where do I fit in? As someone who spent his sheep years a highly competitive gamer (10th on the MK9 leaderboards for first year of release, yeah what's good West-wood!?) Also how does this play into people who love sandbox sim? I could care less about wrecking kids on fighting games now, I'd rather explore the universe and the psyche. How does an explorer compare to the "Achiever" in this amazing Metaphor/analogy?

I started out playing twitchy console games, military pc sims and competitive pc shooters. As I've aged, I've played less fast paced games. You can take the test by referring to post I made and going to the gamerDNA website. YOu should probably register if you want full details.

Given that the title of this thread is "Hunger for Power and Thirst for Abilities! What for?" I believe bringing this up is relevant. Visit any MMORPG forum and you'll begin to understand the reasons.
edit on 10-5-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Okay great! I agree it is SUPER relevant and an amazing contribution, thanks for all the info
I'm definitely going to register as I feel so similar about this and I'm super curious to see my "gamerDNA"

Cheers man!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Sounds like a rant.

I have done it and it did not cost me anything. My brain did not explode either.

The Occult tells you that you need to give in order to take, well, that is a lie. This is the trap most fall into out of their laziness to look into things deeper but instead goes the easy way where many have taken the same road.

The road to the truth is a lonely and difficult and undocumented you probably wouldn't even know the road exist!

And yes, we do need it to fight evil. Just a little more patience...

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Most see "power" as destructive and self-gratifying, however, when power is used to a creative end it becomes something beautiful.

Furthermore, when you are in your own space, when it is just you then you can have quite a lot of "fun" with your abilities, as long as your actions are not affecting anyone in a negative or counter-productive way.

So, if you can enjoy your abilities "in your own time" and "in your own place" - then it is harmless and only for your own amusement.

Using it to affect others incurs consequences, and the wise know this and use their powers according to principles of balance and equality.

The gaining of power is not necessarily the "point" because when you battle adversity you naturally become stronger, or especially when you need to attain objectives as a matter of purpose, so in that sense power can be seen as a "side-effect".

Also, abilities are things that can be the result of learning and development, things that give purpose to life - an already powerful/skillful individual might be totally hopeless at table-tennis, and the challenge itself represents a reason for him to continue to progress, when he has mastered it, he gains abilities and then he has to look to the next thing to satisfy his thirst, in other words, some like to challenge themselves continually.

Lastly, I can guarantee you that there will always be "competition" - you might think you are the best, however, when you qualify for higher-level events you realise that there are many others whom are at your level or even beyond it, and thus you can continue to be challenged as long as you have learnt to be humble and learn from those whom have powers and abilities in excess of yours.
edit on 16-5-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

What if you have all four qualities ?

top topics

join