It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Lives Matter Distraction Ploy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Well, go right ahead. Be the first. Move into inner city Baltimore where the riots just took place and go ahead and "figure out how to accept those who are different".

I don't have to figure that out. I have it in spades. I live in a town where my race is a minority and I LOVE it. I do not "assimilate". I have not had to deny who I am. We all live together peacefully. No one assimilates. There are English and Spanish signs EVERYWHERE and we're all cool with that.

Deny who YOU are. I for one will opt out.

Thanks for making my point. Why should anyone (including you or I or black people - about whom the original point was made) "assimilate" into a culture that isn't who we are? This is the land of MANY cultures.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive
Yes, blacks are 10x more likely to be locked up than their white counterparts.
Yes, racism is still an issue in the US, but when we inject race into the police brutality issue, we only muddy the waters and make it harder to achieve real change.

Black leadership these days are expected by many whites to be far less myopic in their view of things. Its going to take some more growth on their part to understand this. They need for example to understand what it look like when they hold up "black lives matter" posters and say little or nothing about the years of gang killings and destructive drug hustling their own black brothers have been dishing them.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I think you missed the point of my post..

There are problems with crime in inner cites and poor communities.
There are structural problems with how our police operate.

But people who live in impoverished areas should not have less rights.
For instance, Freddie gray didn't need to bare the burden of Baltimore's problems

When race becomes involved, a certain part of the population tunes out to the very real issues of poor police training, police brutality, falsifying police reports, policing for profit, off camera beatdowns...
Things that happen in every city, even yours!

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
There is an 800 lb. gorrilla here and political correct behavior keeps the focus off of it.

Decades of so-called progressive policies and their leadership have zapped these communities of their pride, their moral compass, and their motivation. Very few rise above it all.

They pay lip service, continue affirmative action, pour hundreds of millions of dollars into programs that only result in regression rather than progression. The grant money continues to pour into the administrators of the various community activist groups, but where does it all go?

The politicians advocate for more and more taxpayer money and they make big promises to the people that keep them voting for these scumbag progressive politicians.

The Al Sharptons and Elijah Cummings' types laugh all the way to the bank.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Decades of progressive policies aren't the issue in North Charleston SC or Ferguson MO that have had republican mayors and city councils for decades

I'm not making excuses for the teenagers that rioted in Baltimore, don't be an apologist for police departments that are out of control.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: VinMan
Combat vets should never have to work again in my opinion.

Free livable wage for the rest of their lives?
I think that would be rather expensive for the US taxpayer.

Yes. Tax free. Pennies on the dollar compared to what they dole out to the corporations.
Is it ok then that the pols that create these wars get a free living wage for life.

Vin

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I am going to assume a lot here.

You work, you pay taxes, you follow the laws, live in a neighborhood with people from a variety of cultures.

You are assimilated.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I said assimilate, not homogenize.

Maybe you are onto something, the government is afraid of a borg-like mentality of the masses upholding the constitution, and do everything in their power to destroy that 'assimilating'.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

And yet america in general must bear the problems of Baltimore ect. Get that check book out and toss more money at the thing.

Not disagreeing with you really on the other but this thing is like an onion and full of worms. They can scrape 20 killed in gang violence off the streets without a word in comparison. Yet lets raise hell over bad cops. What a stinking bunch of hypocrites and cowards.....or worse. Its as though the gangs are the military wing of the hustle and the misery they cause is collateral damage.

One can go to many places and find black leaders praising the gangs for calling a truce to fight the injustice. Well known and outspoken black "leaders" have demonstrated this hypocrisy, this threatening language. The gangs have morphed into part of the black Marxist political whole in the discussion. Threatening to kill white cops.....and then the photos of the Baltimore officers are released and no retraction of any sort from the gangs or their political pals. Oh yea they have learned well from the Al Capone school of city management.
Oh yea and the black cops that were involved are simply big house lackeys. They would just come out and say that like they used to but that was before they realized they were giving themselves away with that sort of talk.

edit on 4-5-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Here's what you said:

originally posted by: GodEmperor
As for the Black populations being targeted more than other races (whether by design or natural progression) is the failure to assimilate with the rest of society.

And now you define assimilate as: Someone who works, pays taxes, follows laws and lives with various cultures.

I have no idea where you got that definition, but perhaps you should check out the actual definition:

verb (used with object), assimilated, assimilating.
1. to take in and incorporate as one's own; absorb:
2. to bring into conformity with the customs, attitudes, etc., of a group, nation, or the like; adapt or adjust

Assimilate

From reading your posts, I can assume that you think the black people being targeted are NOT assimilated (by your definition) and therefore do not work, pay taxes, follow the laws and live among people of various cultures.

assimilation, in anthropology and sociology, the process whereby individuals or groups of differing ethnic heritage are absorbed into the dominant culture of a society. The process of assimilating involves taking on the traits of the dominant culture to such a degree that the assimilating group becomes socially indistinguishable from other members of the society. As such, assimilation is the most extreme form of acculturation.
Attempts to compel minority groups to assimilate have occurred frequently in world history. The forced assimilation of indigenous peoples was particularly common in the European colonial empires of the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries.

Cultural Assimilation

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Last I checked, gangbangers didn't draw a salary and pension from the people, and swear to uphold the law. Then turn around and abuse the power they were granted in exchange for the vow. Gangbangers are criminals, it's expected of them to do criminal things.

The fact that we need to compare the police to packs of criminals to make them look good in comparison, tells me our society is in deep trouble.
edit on Mon, 04 May 2015 11:58:52 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I wasn't comparing gangbangers to police but comparing outrage and hypocrisy.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Why would there be comparable outrage, if the groups themselves aren't comparable? That's like asking why we would be much more outraged at a doctor poisoning patients, than we would be at some random schlub poisoning people. Doctors are expected to heal, and police are supposed to uphold the law. When they do the opposite, there is outrage due to the trust placed in their position. It's pretty simple really.

edit on Mon, 04 May 2015 12:52:59 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Its about the black lives matter slogan. Its aimed only at the cops really. Thats the hypocrisy. Black lives matter should be aimed at all forms of threat to blacks. Gangs are way ahead of cops in this area. Way ahead.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It's aimed at cops, because they fail to do their job and deal with the gangbangers, as well as killing them themselves. Not to mention all the illegal beatings and harassment on top of it. Gangbangers have a chance at going to prison for their crimes, cops are often just rewarded with a paid vacation. People are sick of it. You act as if they are bashing cops, then cheering on criminals for doing the same.

edit on Mon, 04 May 2015 13:04:24 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I act as if what? Thats just they way you are reading it.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

So it's not part of the American culture to work?

Last I checked, the unemployment rate of Blacks is almost double the rate of the rest of the population.

www.bls.gov...

I'm not sure what your angle is, it sounds like you want Blacks to continue suffering. Why would you want that, when a viable solution has been presented?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: HighFive

okay I want to relate something I heard Pastor Jamal Bryant say. One of the reasons why people say black lives matter is because of the example of Denver Colorado shooter James Holmes who is a violent person who was "apprehended" as opposed to the "shooting" of Walter scott. (mulitiple times mind you)

and could you imagine about 50 black guys all armed with loaded AR's defending a black man, who for 20 years was a tax cheat, against armed LEO's of the government...one word...bloodbath......not so in the Bundy ranch face-off.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join