It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Replaces Traditional No Comment With Refuse To Negotiate with Myself In Public

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I realise that this is a "fun"thread. But seriously, does make you appreciate that the country is being run by the administration.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This is, fun dixon as long as he abstain from "negotiating with himself in public" I thing he be able to perform other duties.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Up it is funny, but that's the point. If left on his own, seems no one can understand him. The entire administration must be working overtime to address this.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
As far as Bush's pronunciation of "Nuke-ya-lur" goes, it is the same word that Jimmy Carter used. And he orta know, having served on a Nukeyular submarine in the Yew_ass Navy.

But when it's a democrat, even a southerner, we dare not make fun of the mighty intellect at the helm of the nation.

LBJ used to say Chicken$h!t all the time. They kind of edited it out when playing it back to the public. I was tickled when a young Dan Rather (I think it was) followed up an in-depth interview about Cuba with a request for LBJ's much-touted Barbecue sauce recipe. LBJ's response was, "I am the G*** D*MN leader of the Free world, and you ask me a Chicken***t question like that!!!! I remember it being aired, I think.

If you read up on presidencies, by the way, the whole Dan Quayle/Potatoe thing was a trap. They gave him a stack of signs to hold up with the word mispelled. He wouldn't do it, and the asked him which word was wrong . . . *click* "thanks for the photo-op, Mr. Quayle! Of course, Leno harped on it until history was basically re-written as Quayle's idiocy. Some of us are old enough to remember though.

I was watching C-SPAN the other day, and there was an expert on administration and management who has, along with a number of other historians from both sides of the aisle, written a book called "the Nerve Center," detailing the way the white house works. The author has been a source for the West Wing series.

One of the things he said that surprised me was that from a management standpoint, Bush's first term was probably the smoothest-functioning white house since world war two. The author showed a chart of "average number of leaks in the first 100 days of a presidency (8), and at the end fo the first year. (18). Bush's first admin has been 0 and 0.

He also said that the Bush team has raised the bar for crisis handling. Basically, when there's a problem, bush delegates a team of 3 to deal with it. Other people are not allowed to "fix" on it without permission. The author said that Bush noted that Clinton's white house dealt with scandals as if they were a soccer match: everyone on the team runs to the ball and kicks at it. Most of the time, they end up kicking each other. Clinton also brought in outsiders in the second term to clean house, and this only multiplied the backstage intrigue, as everyone sucked up to the new guy.

The author (cannot remember his name) also said that bush's people were from business backgrounds instead of govt, law or academia. He said bush's people have a much more secure white house information-wise, and that they use an intra-net that is highly compartmentalized. Their knowledge of business mgt. policies means fewer disgruntled ex-employees going to talk to 60 minutes, and fewer people with really good gossip.

Anyway, I am hoping to get the book for Christmas. I'll tell you if it's any good.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I have a bet going with myself that you'll eventually use up all the server space on your article titles alone.

Dangnubit, the durn thing cuts me off after so many words. Whats up with that????

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Politicians, like atheletes, are better off keeping their mouths shut tight. Although it is entertaining to watch a man whose inteligence is painfuly average try to figure out complex issues on national television. I've also heard theories he's suffering from early stage dementia, and I've talked with one psychologist who's willing to testify in court that Bush displays characteristics of a sociopathic, demented, ADD dry drunk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join