It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Replaces Traditional No Comment With Refuse To Negotiate with Myself In Public

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
President Bush put another unique mark on his presidency by coining a new term. Rather than simply saying "no comment" as is the norm in Washington, the President seems to be inclined to refuse to "negotiate with himself in public" . Bush used the term in a press conference when asked about the suture of Social Security.

story.news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In Washington, there are plenty of ways to say "no comment," but President Bush offered his own formulation, when he refused to "negotiate with myself in public."

Bush used the phrase Monday to deflect a question on the future of Social Security at a televised news conference.

"Now, the temptation is going to be, by well-meaning people such as yourself and others here, as we run up to the issue, to get me to negotiate with myself in public," Bush told the questioner. "To say, you know, "What's this mean, Mr. President? What's that mean?

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

As the article puts it its another Bushism. He will talk with Congress about it, but not with the media. Im not really sure what this means, but Im sure that some state has a law against it in the books somewhere. Love him or hate him, he does have a way with the English language.

[edit on 12-22-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Yep he sure does have a way with the English langugue, coining phrases like nukular, instead of nuclear.
God Bless America for it I guess. Interesting that he won't mention any thing to the media. I guess he learned from expieriences like "Mission Acomplished" and Rumsfeld's armor problem that he might just want to stay quiet. Talking only seems to get Dubya and friends into trouble.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Yep he sure does have a way with the English langugue, coining phrases like nukular, instead of nuclear.
God Bless America for it I guess. Interesting that he won't mention any thing to the media. I guess he learned from expieriences like "Mission Acomplished" and Rumsfeld's armor problem that he might just want to stay quiet. Talking only seems to get Dubya and friends into trouble.

Oh please, I'm tired of hearing God Bless America for our idiotic president. Seriously! i'm embarrassed to believe that God will bless America because our president lacks a normal vocabulary, or battles a sever case of freudian slips.

But 51% of America decided they love a dufus over the intellectual dork.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
President Bush talking to himself:
"Roses are red, violets are blue, I am schizophrenic
and so am I!"

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall when he does negotiate with himself in private. Imagine some of the amazingly detailed, highly intellectual conversations he must have with himself.

"If Osama Bin Laden has nukular weapons of mass destruction, did he hide them"
"No I think he would keep them out as a trophy for his friends to see"
"Hold on, I have to take this call - Hello Jesus, what's that? Please speak up I'm having trouble hearing you. Stem cells? No don't worry Jesus, I took all of the stems off of all the fruit in the house - won't find any stems here I tell you. Buh bye."
"Sorry about that. Where were we now George?"
"It's ok George, no problem. Wanna spend a couple billion dollars somewhere in the world?"
"Sounds like a good plan, let's print up some more dollars - no one will know."
"I like the way you think there George"
"Let's get him dead or alive!"
"What in the hell are you talking about? Oh wait I get it."
"Daddy says I been a good boy"
"You betcha George"
"Screw Ohio!"
"What?"
"Hold on a second, I wanna go tickle Saddam till he pukes"
"Go get 'em George!"
"George are you available to talk again say in an hour"
"I'll be here when you get back"

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well, we all know that our president has some problems with his speeches, but should we be concern as the mental stability or abilities of him to be a president?

Sometimes is an underlying meaning of the way some people express itself, I believe that he has some mental problems.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78

Bush is not the only one who at times haven't been able to say that word. Even Kerry can't pronounce that word it seems. Let me see if I can find that audio....

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Still Think the funniest one is, "Fool me once, Fool me twice, Cant get fooled again"

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I wonder what his IQ is?
i read somewhere that to be a moron, it has to be under 85.
Nothing agains't morons, i have quite a few as friends, but I don't cheat off them on tests... and i certainly wouldn't want them in charge of the free world...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Fred...

I have a bet going with myself that you'll eventually use up all the server space on your article titles alone.

I'll let you know which one of us wins.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

when he refused to "negotiate with myself in public."

I'm relieved....

I always felt it best to do that in private.

Pee Wee got arrested for that you know...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

You most have a very nasty mind
or

Actually I most be naive because it was not until your post that I got the twisted meaning.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
More likely the former than the latter....

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Bush probably has the same kind of conversation with himself that Gollum/Smeagol has (as in Lord of the Rings)...I can imagine him with an oil well prop on his desk and calling it his Preciousss...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I am not suprised he will not negotiate with himself in public. Talking to one's self is one of the first signs of madness.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I'm relieved....
I always felt it best to do that in private.

Pee Wee got arrested for that you know...

hahaha!

Well even though now we know he does it in private at least he's kind enough to not subject the public to it. *shudder*

A way with words? More of a lack of a way with words I'd say...although I suppose that's a way in itself.

The guy would be comedy gold if he weren't the leader of the most powerful nation in the world, with his finger over 'that' button going "Tell me when, Oh Lord...?", then it just becomes kind of scary.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think we all ought to show more compassion for that poor confused looking man. I mean god, look what that office did to Bill Clinton, and Bill Clinton didn't get nailed on even HALF as much of his BS as Bush does. And Clinton wasn't a rambling old fool when he came in- the office made him that way. Bush on the other hand- we'll I guess we're gonna see just how bad a condition like that can get.

What I will say is that Bush looks a lot dumber than he is. He has no camera presence and is uncertain about speaking to people- probably because he's just barely in charge of his own administration. The dirty little secret though is that it's not because he's an idiot- on paper he is supposed to be smarter than John Kerry (who was no Einstein anyway).
Now here is the question I'm sure you want to ask, although you may be too eager to slam me for defending Bush's IQ and thus not get this far in my post: If Bush is so smart, why are his policies so bad?
Well they aren't- they're just not good for you or me. Bush has accomplished most of what he set out to accomplish for those who he really serves, and he keeps getting caught because these are BIG things.

Whats amazing is about Bush is that he isn't even a little bit teflon, yet no matter what sort of filth may be sticking to him at any given moment, a great many people would still be willing to hug him. As best I can tell, this is either because conservative Americans (myself included) have not entirely let go of America's warlike personality, or because Bush is too close with God to diddle his interns.

I'll finish with an example; despite the less than flattering view of Bush that I hold, I'll be voting for people like him until somebody like John McCain can press a more fair and moderate version of conservatism into the mainstream.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You guys cannot honestly be this stupid.

Are you all just monkeys, that see something 'stupid bush has done', and go haywire and just rant on and on about it?

I'm on your side for the most part. I think Bush is horrible, I wouldn't vote for him if I lived in America, and I know he's an idiot.

-- But he actually made sense this time. He really, honestly made sense.

"Now, the temptation is going to be, by well-meaning people such as yourself and others here, as we run up to the issue, to get me to negotiate with myself in public," Bush told the questioner. "To say, you know, "What's this mean, Mr. President? What's that mean?

-- He's saying that the temptation for us, the public, is going to be to get him to argue his own points.

He means that as time moves along, as we 'run up to the issue', he's going to have to attack the very principles he's fighting for. He's going to be expected to 'negotiate' his own position, unfortunately, with himself.

When people start criticizing his position, he'll have to defend it, if anything goes wrong that they don't like, he'll have to attack it. He will in all reality be negotiating with himself.

It wasn't the best way to put it, and he's still talking about something stupid, but for the love of god, don't pretend he's spouting jibberish just because you can't understand english properly. There's a reason 51% of America chose the dufus - they're dufuses too.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viendin
It wasn't the best way to put it, and he's still talking about something stupid, but for the love of god, don't pretend he's spouting jibberish just because you can't understand english properly. There's a reason 51% of America chose the dufus - they're dufuses too.

It's not even so much that this was a Bushism- he didn't call Africa a nation even, and he never has said anything to hold a candle to Rumsfeld's horrible choice of words about knowns and unknowns. To be completely honest, all you have to do is say "bush" and you'd get a thread just like this one. Our president is fun to laugh at. Not just this one- most of them.

Nixon was the most distrubed paranoid seeming person I've ever seen and a horrible drunk. Ford's wife eneded up with a treatment center for alcoholics named after her. Carter was a peanut farmer, and he couldn't stay on his feet to save his life. Reagan was a bad actor who got threatened to nuke the soviets on the radio by accident. Bush 41 had a VP who couldn't spell potato. Clinton questioned the definition of "is"- HEY, a Clintonism! Bush 43 lets his facial expression get away from him and isn't comfortable speaking in front of people. Hillary Clinton is going to be accused of having a first wife (and of course a first home-wrecker in the form of Monica) if she gets elected.
Thats just how it is.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Ma fello 'mericanz...

ummm....

Do you want me to talk good English, or do you want me to protect ya?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join