It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why must some American's wear shoes in their house?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I have no problem wearing shoes in my house. Then again, my wood floors need work anyway. Of course, I'll take them off in someone else's home if they wish or have carpeting, but it's fairly common to just leave them on for lots of people. Also, it's sometimes wise to have me keep my shoes on for your olfactory safety.

What's funny to me is, carpeting is just a nest for all sorts of dirt and grossness no matter how often people clean it and how nice it appears to be. Every time I'm in a house with carpet it occurs to me how disgusting it is underneath that exterior. Carpeting is a bad choice in flooring to me.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Why? because my feet get made fun of...A LOT. I have disproportionately small feet. I am slightly above average height for a woman but I have feet smaller than some 8 year old girls. (do you have any clue how hard it is to find adult looking shows in the children's section?) I can wear the right pair of shoes in a size bigger and it is less noticeable.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Anyone working in my house, like repairmen etc, take their shoes off. My floors look clean so I guess they pick up on the fact I'm picky and they better not mess up my floors.

There was one guy I had doing some work for me that walked in with his filthy shoes and I said thanks a lot for the muddy footprints, so he took his shoes off and then he left sweaty footprints everywhere. My house stunk so bad from his sweat! I had to air it out for four hours after he left. I was washing my floors and my cat was going around sniffing it ' you missed a spot'.I just about threw up on the smell. It was so #ing gross. To those people who sweat, I'd rather they leave their shoes on!

i cannot stand people who come into my home with bare feet though. Their feet are filthy because they're going around outside barefoot, then they seem to think it's ok to put their feet on my furniture. Or girls who wear flip flops and take them off to come in. I say put them back on. They make smudge prints on my wood floors that show up in the sun.

I don't know if it's an American thing. Depends on the soles of the shoes. Ones with tread collect dirt snd leave dirt as they walk.

If I go into a dirty home I'd rather my shoes stay on! Maybe I don't want black socks?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

It is not just Yank's, many of us bloke's do it, we tend to be like a bull in a china shop and remember being larger than a lady means' the house is smaller for us, so if we do not have slippers it is often the shoe or sneaker (we call them trainers) that we put on bleary eye'd on our day off streight out of bed that end's up being worn most of the day.
Why well like I say we feel larger and tend to stub our toe's a hell of a lot, not what is worse a large hairy man standing in the doorway swearing profusely or even moaning loudly like some ancient chant while grimacing and hopping on one foot like there is a draught or a clean non street soiled pair of shoe's.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join