It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May Day Protests turn into riots in Seattle - breaking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
News video

SEATTLE -- Police say black-clad May Day marchers hurled wrenches and rocks at officers and hit police with sticks as a Friday evening march through a Seattle neighborhood turned violent, injuring three officers.

"This is no longer demonstration management, this has turned into a riot," Seattle Police Captain Chris Fowler tweeted.

Police responded with pepper spray and pepper balls, quickly arresting a half dozen people. Officers said several dozen vehicles were damaged. Seattle said they have arrested 15 people so far.

Just learning about this. Glad I didn't go to Seattle today. Noteworthy to me was the vast presence of officers, more than usual for protests. I guess they were expecting something like this. Protesting is fine but the throwing of rocks is uncalled for.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
let me go looky......
oh man.....I used to drive by there....such a cool attitude there....

edit on 2-5-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr
that's near the free lifestyle section Cool people there...
edit on 2-5-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

MAY DAY SEATTLE, 2015: A group of rioters marching through Seattle busted the window of a Seattle radio station's van.

Earlier timeline:

8:35 p.m.: Seattle Mayor Ed Murray's office releases a May Day update."As we continue to witness acts of violence from protesters, we urge folks on Capitol Hill to exercise caution," said Murray.

8:26 p.m.: Seattle police say two of the three police officers injured were transported to Harborview Medical Center with serious injuries.

8:25 p.m.: Washington State Patrol says troopers are monitoring all on and off ramps through downtown Seattle. They continue to deploy troopers along the freeway.

8:11 p.m.: "This is no longer demonstration management, this has turned into a riot," tweets Seattle Police Captain Chris Fowler.
Krem

Portland: One officer injured- NWCN Source with video

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
A lot of the protestors in Baltimore seemed to be wearing Anarchist style bandanas but maybe that's just a fashion statement now?

EDIT: Relevance to thread being that it appears anarchists were involved in what happened in Seattle.
edit on 2-5-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

East to west.

When is one side going to win/lose?

The game keeps going. Once it stops...
edit on 2-5-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Noticed something.

The *group* that starts smashing the car all tend to wear the same gear, Stick to a cell, and once the violence is joined by others they move on....

Nice boots guy's
they think we're all *that* dumb eh...
edit on 2-5-2015 by Xarian6 because: .

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
this was lame, even the blonde running away was laughing. everyone here knew this was planned.
God the mock riot drills i was involved in in my former career had more intensity than this.
One thing I can say is when pepper spray from cannisters is used and pepper balls, everywhere the vapor spreads people are hacking thier guts up on the ground and are feeling the discomfort in some form.
Not alot of that going on in the op clip.
take a look at this navy training clip:

Now, after being inhailing the vapour from the pepper balls and spray, just how much rioting would have been going on...

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Today I suspect anyone marching and protesting and going to find the same thing. A group of nondescript men deliberately getting violent. In the UK its been found out that the police infiltrate groups and MI5 certainly attend.

The point of these people in a protest is purely to start damaging property and be violent, so that the public don't back the marchers. I don't think so many of the public are fooled today.

Mass management of people is not easy or cheap and would mean more profit leaving the wealthy and being spent on protecting the status quo - which is why people are marching.

My Apple altered the marching to mating - fortunately I saw it before hitting reply.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

MAY DAY SEATTLE, 2015: A group of rioters marching through Seattle busted the window of a Seattle radio station's van.

Earlier timeline:

8:35 p.m.: Seattle Mayor Ed Murray's office releases a May Day update."As we continue to witness acts of violence from protesters, we urge folks on Capitol Hill to exercise caution," said Murray.

8:26 p.m.: Seattle police say two of the three police officers injured were transported to Harborview Medical Center with serious injuries.

8:25 p.m.: Washington State Patrol says troopers are monitoring all on and off ramps through downtown Seattle. They continue to deploy troopers along the freeway.

8:11 p.m.: "This is no longer demonstration management, this has turned into a riot," tweets Seattle Police Captain Chris Fowler.
Krem

Portland: One officer injured- NWCN Source with video

Not to be all conspiracy theory and all, but seeing how we are on a conspiracy site.....

Why is it that the screenshot of that video shows three men all dressed in black, covering masks with sidebags and whatnot. Like those Xe security people at the Boston bombing. I don't know, but I smell an agent provocateur. I love that smell in the morning, smells like, coconuts.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

a reply to: Xarian6
Nice boots guy's

Provocateur Cops Disguised As Anarchists ????

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Glad to see people on ATS are not as dumb as your typical news watcher. Carry on fellas.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The boots usually give them away lol.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

The throwing of "wrenches" made me super suspicious... JH15 anyone?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
Noticed something.

The *group* that starts smashing the car all tend to wear the same gear, Stick to a cell, and once the violence is joined by others they move on....

Nice boots guy's

My question is: what would the police do if a private citizen (or even a group of them) chose to protect their own property... And perhaps others property, from these fools? Like if I saw a group of guys in black smashing my car, I'd be more than happy to warn them that they will be shot if they do not stop...would I be supported by the LEO's or arrested myself? I have as much interest in keeping the public safe as the police do. Or maybe not go right for a gun, but take them down. Stop the violence. Obviously I guess I couldn't go with more force than what the police use.
edit on ndpamSat, 02 May 2015 07:41:46 -0500k1505America/Chicago0241 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Im sorry but what a bunch of panzies. Get a job and contribute to society

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: buellmph
a reply to: Rosinitiate

The throwing of "wrenches" made me super suspicious... JH15 anyone?

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball......

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
As likely to be cops as not.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I bet the wrenches were made in China.

Now May 2nd is insurance claims day.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
Noticed something.

Nice boots guy's

Yea where the hell is Homeland Security? Oh yea there out doing surveillance on some guy flying a Gadsden Flag, probably a vet and is a member of a Baptist church who is in the house watching a baseball game.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Can you shoot a "rioter" for vandalizing your vehicle?

I know in TX you can shoot people dead for trying to break into your vehicle.

Thats the news story I'm waiting for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join