It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I am personally not racist but I have been accused of it because of certain people's stupid presumptions (you don't like chocolate translated as racism), but it should be noted that there is all sorts of racism.

Racism isn't an exclusively white thing though that is where the main focus is whilst ignoring other sorts as okay. Either it is okay for all or it isn't okay for all. I have seen black people being racist against white people, I bet their opinions influence their vote, I have seen black and Asian men abusing a Jewish man wearing a yarmulke. There is a recent video of the same thing around the UK and Europe. It is racism, and I bet it influences their voting opinion. Could you imagine the outrage if it was British people shouting that stuff to Poles or Asians, it wouldn't be tolerated and neither should other forms of racism.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ppens-Copenhagen.html

edit on 3-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Agreed. I hold no racist views either, and neither does UKIP, although like every political party there will be individual members who do.
The MSM and other political parties have desperately tried to paint arguments against free-for-all EU immigration as a racist stance, and that is clearly not the case.
It matters little to me where the 200,000+ migrants come from who are swelling our population each year, it is the numbers of them and we cannot sustain it indefinitely.
Anyone who argues that we can is misguided in my opinion.

I am voting UKIP in an attempt to force the wider debate, and ultimately, a referendum so we can actually decide how many people we want entering the country and if indeed we actually need them.
...just like 'racist' countries like Canada, New Zealand, Australia, the US, and pretty much every other country in the world which is not in the European Union.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yea don't listen the polls...

Pollers ask people and like you say most people voting UKIP stay quiet out of fear of the racist card.

Anyway they usually just ask lib, lab, or con and regardless of whether you will vote for them, they'll take it as a sure vote for your support.

I think the real result is closer to 25% not that it matters with our current first past the post system.

I'm voting UKIP regardless, I agree with most of their policies, maybe not 100% but that's politics for you, you can't have it all.

It's about shaking up the system for real change now regardless of the outcome.

Am I scared of an snp Labour coalition...hell yes, but I promise there will be riots on the streets before the English population let that happen, so either way it's a win win.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

If there becomes a Conservative / UKIP coalition, a referendum might get through there should be a national voice on immigration whichever result. People deserve a say at least for an opt out clause of free borders and free everything once inside them, it isn't fair and has to be stopped.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn I think there has been plenty of manipulation in this election (as normal) however I don't think it has been to the detriment of UKIP who have had had media attention and air time far in excess of their actual support.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Trust me their support is huge, everyone I know is voting UKIP.

Might take a pen with me to the polling booths, they'll probably only supply pencils. lol

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21
Why would there be riots in the event of a SNP Labour coalition? Not that it will happen, both parties have ruled it out.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
I think the real result is closer to 25% not that it matters with our current first past the post system.

I'm voting UKIP regardless, I agree with most of their policies, maybe not 100% but that's politics for you, you can't have it all.
We share a similar stance then, and I'll go out on a limb here but I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if UKIP get as much as 30% of the vote and a decent handful of MP's.
This is certainly going to be the most interesting election of my lifetime, and even the pollsters haven't really got a clue about what is going to happen next week. We could all end up really surprised.

Either way, if a decent percentage of voters go for UKIP the debate will continue again and my hopes for a referendum on Europe will be another baby step closer. That will be a good thing.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Why would there be riots in the event of a SNP Labour coalition? Not that it will happen, both parties have ruled it out.

Haha you believe Ed Millipede??!! That is priceless!

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
To the extent that there won't be a formal coalition yes. That does not mean they wont work together.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

And sturgeon, she hasn't ruled out another referendum...

Now how would she go about getting that if ed won't work with her?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The whole racism thing is just a way for liblabcon to derail any meaningful discussion of policies.

There's very little from them in concrete terms, very little about how they'll do stuff. Just vague promises about understanding ordinary people and making things better.

I'm voting ukip because they're straight talkers and I agree with most of their manifesto. Can't say that about the others.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
So people in England are free to vote for their favoured candidate in their constituency , but people in Scotland must vote for someone the English like or there will be riots on the street. Sounds like democracy to me.

edit on 3-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Semantics fella, the end result is the same.
Why do you care about UKIP and leaving the EU anyway?
I thought you were the independence seeking SNP voting Scot who wishes to leave the UK?
If that SNP landslide happens then Scotland is probably going it's own way in the arms of the EU so why would you care if it turns out my nation wishes to leave it?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21.she has repeatedly stated that the election has nothing to do with another referendum. A mandate for another referendum would only come from a Scottish parliment election.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

We all see through her lies, I watched the debates, she even slipped it out. There's only one thing on her mind.

It's the Scottish national party, not the United Kingdom Party...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I'd understand, but the fact that if a Scot walked round in England they'd be welcomed. I'm sure if they heard my accent up there, I'd have my head kicked in.

So do I want a party that has been voted in by roughly 5 million people who hate the English to help run the UK, when the other 65 million didn't vote for them.

Hell no! because that really isn't democracy.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand because contrary to the beliefs of some posters most of us up here actually like England and would rather it didn't become the insular small minded reactionary backwards #hole that UKIP see as the future golden age. If I was being selfish I would be encouraging as many people to vote UKIP as possible as a tory UKIP coalition would guarantee independence.
Ps just to be clear is your nation England or wales? What if England votes to leave and Wales stay?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21 you do know there are rather a lot of English up here (including many snp members) most of whom seem not to get their head kicked in?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

And I still can't get my head around why any SNP voting, independence from the UK seeking Scot gives a toss about if our nation chooses independence from the EU. They are probably going to leave the UK in the next few years anyway so what the hell has it got to do with them if we decide to leave the EU when Scots will probably choose to stay in after leaving the UK?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join