It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Yep, and that's why Europe doesn't want us to leave, because we are it's gravy train. Didn't we pay them 8billion last year and they saw our economic plan was working so ordered us to pay an extra 1.2 billion?

It's laughable.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I'm a bit late to the thread so apologies if this has already been stated, but;

Leaving the EU would be a complete disaster in my opinion.

The point is that the British people need to have a public debate on the pro's and con's of continued membership of the EU and then it should be up to the British people to decide on exactly who governs them.

The UK electorate voted to be a part of a Free Trade Organisation - at no point was political union discussion.

We, the people, have the Right to Self-Determination.

That is something that all the political parties are denying us.

They arrogantly dismiss the wishes of the British people and declare that they 'don't think its right' for US to decide exactly who governs US.

UKIP are the exception and that is where they stand out from the other parties.

If any referendum resulted in us remaining within the EU then so be it - but it will be OUR decision and not some group of elitist politicians whose only considerations are one's of personal gain and self-preservation.

Now back to reading the rest of this thread before commenting on the pro's and con's of UKIP and their demonization by the UK media.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
If any referendum resulted in us remaining within the EU then so be it - but it will be OUR decision and not some group of elitist politicians whose only considerations are one's of personal gain and self-preservation.
I agree completely, and if we get that referendum then I will stand by the wishes of my fellow citizens, even if the result is not what I hope for.

I am voting for UKIP not because I expect or wish for them to form a government, but solely to express my views on EU membership and hopefully force Cameron's hand to provide that referendum.
If many millions of us do the same next week then it will be hard for whatever ragtag coalition government is formed to ignore such a clear message.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I agree also, but hopefully we don't have dirty scaremongering tactics in play, similar to those used in the Scottish independence debate, where they used blackmail to get the unionist stance win.

I believe Farage alluded to this also.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Oh I don't doubt for a second that all manner of dirty tactics, lies, scaremongering, bribery, discrediting, insults, cries of racism and doom for the UK will be used by all pro-EU parties.
That is guaranteed for sure, I just hope enough of us will see it for what it is.

If any party/organisation can show me a researched study which concludes absolutely that Britain is better off in the EU with our population growing (net) by over 200,000 Europeans each year, and us paying £Billions for the privilege then I'm all ears.

Either way, voting UKIP is the only way to demand that referendum which slimy Cameron is indicating he supports.
I hope many millions of us do so, and we may well all be surprised as many many people who intend to vote UKIP are keeping quiet due to the lame cries of racism.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

UKIP have been demonised by MSM as racists for one simple reason - the main political parties and the system they represent are scared of their stance on immigration and EU membership.
These people have a vested interest in remaining in the EU and having an open door immigration policy.
Those vested interests run contrary to the best interests of the majority of the British public.

In my last post I touched on why it is important that a referendum on continued membership is needed - the British people want one, its really that simple.
Cameron promised one before and he reneged on that promise - nothing he has done in his 5 years in power leads me to think that he would honour that promise this time.

Immigration is a massive concern for an increasingly large number of British people.
UKIP have forced immigration into the political forefront - without UKIP's presence the open door policy would continue unabated.

A lot of people blame Labour for the open door policy, and rightly so.
But Cameron has continued this policy and has made zero attempt to address the issue.
Sure, his hands are pretty much tied on immigration from within the EU under current legislation, but he can make it a damn sight more unattractive for unskilled immigrants to come into the UK, yet he refuses to do so whilst targeting the most needy and vulnerable within our own communities.

And Cameron could have definitely done something about immigration into the UK from non-EU countries - yet this has actually increased quite significantly during Cameron's Premiership.

I have no reason to believe Cameron will make any real attempt to reduce immigration by introducing a much needed points based system.

The majority understand both the need and benefits of immigration - but what we have at present can not be maintained without having a serious effect on the lives of many British people.

These are the two areas where UKIP are in step with many British people.

But, and I can't stress this enough, they aren't necessarily reasons to vote for UKIP.

Farage is a wolf in sheeps clothing.
He is a frustrated Tory and wishes to out Tory the Tories.
He has no more in common with me than any of the other party leaders.
And I have no more faith in their published manifesto than I do in those of the major parties.

UKIP have been slandered, demonised, misrepresented and at times outright ignored by MSM.

I appreciate and even commend them for forcing immigration and EU membership to the forefront of UK politics - but they themselves are most definitely NOT the answer to the UK's problems.

edit on 3/5/15 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I appreciate and even commend them for forcing immigration and EU membership to the forefront of UK politics - but they themselves are most definitely NOT the answer to the UK's problems.

Again, I completely agree.
I see UKIP as the only catalyst for change. The only option to force that referendum we all deserve on EU membership.
Farage may well be just as slimy as all the rest of them but his party is the only one to have their published budget plans independently scrutinised, and the only one which is fighting hard for a referendum.

Again, I do not wish for a UKIP government, I just want a vote/debate on EU membership. Voting UKIP is the only way I can express that next week, and I hope many millions of people who feel the same will make such a tactical voting decision.

As you said, Cameron lied about a referendum last time, and I'm sure he's as full of it this time, but, the more of us who vote UKIP then the greater chance his hand will be forced.
Even if only a handful of UKIP MP's get in they will make a noise just like they do in the EU Parliament, and that will be difficult to ignore for sure.

If anyone wants the debate and referendum on EU membership I genuinely see only one party to vote for next week.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think the current predictions say UKIP will have a grand total of 0 MPs so they are not going to be able to make that much noise.
As you said if you want to make a protest vote about the EU or immigration then feel free they are going to have absolutely no influence on the next parliament.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
I think the current predictions say UKIP will have a grand total of 0 MPs so they are not going to be able to make that much noise.
As you said if you want to make a protest vote about the EU or immigration then feel free they are going to have absolutely no influence on the next parliament.

You have no way of knowing that, especially when many people are closet UKIP voters due to the racist slur attributed to them by MSM and main stream political parties.
We shall know next week, and hopefully you will be surprised by the final count.

Even if they get no MP's due to the 'first past the post' system we have, the numbers who vote for UKIP could well force the debate, and I hope I am correct in my forecast.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The worst possible scenario for the UK would be a Lab /SNP combo, IMO, so even a strategic vote for UKIP to keep that pair (political punch n judy show) from their nation wrecking ways would be a good vote, despite the fact that some of UKIP's policies aren't to my liking.
edit on 3-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
The worst possible scenario for the UK would be a Lab /SNP combo, IMO, so even a strategic vote for UKIP to keep that pair (political punch n judy show) from their nation wrecking ways would be a good vote, despite the fact that some of UKIP's policies aren't to my liking.
We are certainly in agreement there...a Labour/Scottish Nationals coalition [shudders] Britain would be bankrupt again within 5 years.

UKIP are running at 14% of polls so far, above Lib-Dem's at 9%
www.bbc.co.uk...
...add the many folk who are keeping their UKIP voting intention quiet as a dirty little secret solely because of the MSM racist slur then I think next week will be a surprising result. I really hope so.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Many of the members certainly are racist!

www.hopenothate.org.uk...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

So that would be worse that a Tory/UKIP "combo" then? Really?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I have to say, I very much doubt UKIP will gain a single seat - and Labour / Conservatives will pat themselves on the back and thank their puppy dog MSM for a job well done.
The very same MSM who have been used and manipulated into portraying all benefit recipients as scroungers and malingerers and controlled the flow of information during the Scottish referendum.

a reply to: ScepticScot

Strange my friend that you recognised the manipulation during your independence referendum yet can't see the exact same tactics being used here in the current election.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
Many of the members certainly are racist!

www.hopenothate.org.uk...

Are there no racist Conservative or Labour voters then? I know plenty.

link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

The worst possible scenario for the UK would be a Lab /SNP combo,

How on earth would that be any worse than the current coalition?

link   
a reply to: blupblup
a reply to: Freeborn

I grew up in Scotland, I know how much of an English hating sentiment there is (misplaced blame mostly). Sturgeon is all out for trashing England and all within, and that has to be prevented, the situation in the UK is dire enough. Milliband, I wouldn't trust to make me a sandwich, zero credibility IMO and labour majorly screwed the UK last time. Once bitten twice shy.
edit on 3-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Given the poll results it would have to be one hell of a big closet for there to enough to make a difference. Think Narnia.
If by racist slurs you mean actual quotes from party members then yes that might have an impact.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I guess we'll know next week.
But we all know full well that UKIP are the only party which has brought concerns about EU immigration and EU membership to the table of the other parties.
Without them we would have no chance of a referendum.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Given the poll results it would have to be one hell of a big closet for there to enough to make a difference. Think Narnia.
If by racist slurs you mean actual quotes from party members then yes that might have an impact.

Oh behave yourself, the party has acted quicker than any others to kick out racist members and you know it.
Oh, and 14% of the current polls, higher than the Lib-Dem's on 9%, is that insignificant somehow, when the Tories are only leading at 34%.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join