It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SensiblyReckless

What has UKIP as a party done that you describe as stupid #?
Going back to the OP and it's published manifesto, what has 'the party' done which is stupid #?
Individual members or candidates who have been swiftly kicked out don't really count unless one was trolling.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Threatened to shoot people, posted antisemitic stuff on Twitter... You gotta admit that was stupid.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Systematically abused children, abused public trust, destroyed industies, sold off national industries, abused expenses rights............

Hey I hate UKIP as much as the next guy but if your gonna throw stones in a glass house at least aim for the big pane's of glass.

UKIP have nothing on the politicians of the past 30 years alone.

Oh and don't forget the wars started for personal and financial gain or political power.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Even if you could prove that the party is not racist or xenophobic a large proportion of its supporters that I have personally spoken to most certainly are.

I have done the same as you and tried to debate with a lot of these people planning to vote UKIP (unfortunately some in my own family have expressed their support for that odious group) and I have found them to be mostly ignorant.

These are the kind of people who have absolutely no interest in politics, they don't watch any informative TV shows, they're the kind of people who read the tabloids and actually believe that some evil dictatorship in Brussels really has banned kids from playing Conkers without protective eye-wear and forced us to only have certain bananas.

These people have no clue of our national history, they have low intelligence, little interest in anything outside of their own lives, and perhaps most importantly the single issue of immigration they choose to rant about has had absolutely no appreciable impact on their actual lives.

They claim all kinds of things about employment and housing, but they have jobs, they have a house, their situation is not changed on bit by someone else coming here to seek a better life. They somehow imagine that without immigration they would be rich, thin, living in luxury while running several companies part time. Where they get this ridiculous nonsense from is anyones guess.

The reality is that they work in a low paid job because they didn't study, or they had kids in their teens. They live in a council house because they can't afford to buy their own home, because they don't earn enough, because they didn't study enough...

Immigration is used by UKIP as a scapegoat by ineffectual people who don't want to take responsibility for their own lives and their own failings. Immigration hasn't held them back from anything, THEY held themselves back and they don't want to accept the responsibility for it.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

So nothing the party has done (as a party) or condoned in their manifesto then (as I knew), just mindless individuals who were swiftly kicked out.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

What has UKIP as a party done that you describe as stupid #?
Going back to the OP and it's published manifesto, what has 'the party' done which is stupid #?
Individual members or candidates who have been swiftly kicked out don't really count unless one was trolling.

Encouraged members from former far right groups.
Aligned itself with extreme far right groups in Europe.
Promoted a "Christian Crusader" group alongside UKIP.
Threatened to eradicate UK Human Rights laws.
Complained about freedom of speech being restricted, then complained about protesters speaking against them.
Refused to accept same sex marriage even when the public has shown support.
Lied about same sex marriage laws and claimed (falsely) that Christians "would be FORCED" to marry same sex couples.
Claimed (falsely) that our laws are no longer relevant and dictated by Brussels, when in actual fact we already had most of the same laws Brussels suggested for EU members.

I could go on of course, but I think that's enough for now.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I have and will continue to argue and disagree with those who have been in support of UKIP within this thread because as stated earlier they understand and take responsibility for there decision to vote UKIP.

As you say the worry is those blinded by soundbytes and memes that will do the same thing without understanding the ramifcations of there actions.

A good result for the UKIP party in the first result and a worrying one if the trend continues.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Well the conservatives and Labour only have themselves to blame for any surprises.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I'd love to see your referenced sources for all that.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I'd love to see your referenced sources for all that.

As would I. given that we cover both for and against on the issue I see no reason for these statements not to be backed up with some good old fashioned links.

Over to you rocker...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Two big increases for UKIP in sunderland.

Hope this is an anomaly but if public opinion wins out that when what can I say?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What your predictions on this election?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
What your predictions on this election?

If your talking to me I am looking at moving to spain, others may differ.

I cant really talk now as one hand needs a beer and the other cigarette.

Ooops.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I see a massive swing to UKIP from all parties.
I can't swear by it but I'm sure I saw the Tories go 3rd place in a Sunderland constituency just now. Only a few hundred votes difference but UKIP came second in a safe Labour seat as I saw it.
edit on 7.5.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It's a massive issue here in the far west SW, as a third of all UK organic food is farmed here.
Our organic farmers are furious because once the cross-pollination genie is out of the bottle we kiss goodbye to the organic farming industry on our island.
Organic farmers claim lifting a ban on GM food could spell disaster

And I totally agree. Surely some campaign money has come from Monsanto.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: moniker

It's a massive issue here in the far west SW, as a third of all UK organic food is farmed here.
Our organic farmers are furious because once the cross-pollination genie is out of the bottle we kiss goodbye to the organic farming industry on our island.
Organic farmers claim lifting a ban on GM food could spell disaster

And I totally agree. Surely some campaign money has come from Monsanto.

Although I would not disagree I think that is somewhat speculative and I would encourge any evidence to suggest that this is the case.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: moniker

For sure, bastards.
Regardless of our political voting choices if we agree on the GM crop issue I look forward to standing shoulder to shoulder with you in direct action/civil disobedience/protest any time.
LibLabCon all for commercial GM crops being grown for the first time ever on our island, Greens/Plaid/SNP all against, UKIP chasing a free vote in Parliament for MP's.
Me, anything a citizen can do to protect my nation and it's continued food basket.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I have and will continue to argue and disagree with those who have been in support of UKIP within this thread because as stated earlier they understand and take responsibility for there decision to vote UKIP.

As you say the worry is those blinded by soundbytes and memes that will do the same thing without understanding the ramifcations of there actions.

A good result for the UKIP party in the first result and a worrying one if the trend continues.

The underlined portion of your post ...

Could apply to everyone and any party ... policies effect every individual

in different aspects, and understanding the ramifications is subjective.

Although there will be those (a few) blinded by soundbytes and memes I think

you're being just a bit patronising in thinking all UKIP voters lack any

intelligence.

What about those who vote for a party without even thinking about it simply

because that's who their parents, and their grand parents, and their

great grand parents voted for?

Not a lot of intelligent thinking there?
edit on 8-5-2015 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Admittedly, I could not be bothered typing all their lunacy out because OP got upset and I felt bad for taking the piss. I shouldn't have, though. They deserve to be ridiculed. # 'em.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless

Admittedly, I could not be bothered typing all their lunacy out because OP got upset and I felt bad for taking the piss. I shouldn't have, though. They deserve to be ridiculed. # 'em.
Ah, no not at all, I was not upset, just prefer reasoned mature debate instead of silliness.
As I said in the OP if you have any particular argument against any of UKIP's published policies then I'm always open to interesting debate.
No matter though, it was good to see a 9.5% swing of the vote to UKIP, an impressive 12.6% of the total vote making them 3rd place in vote share, and a total of 3,881,128 other people in the UK who voted the same as me.

It was always about a tactical protest for me in any case, and Cameron is running with the EU referendum as far as it seems so far so I'm quite happy.
Especially since there is a majority Conservative government making the 56 SNP Mp's vote a toothless affair where all they can do now is whinge in Parliament.
Bye bye Barnett Formula, and bye bye Scottish MP votes on solely English matters, a good result last week I reckon, I sent my message and got a reasonable consolation prize.

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43 >>

join