It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless
Let immigrants in. I don't care. I'd rather see someone have a chance at a better life. We're devolving as a species when we are so horrible to other humans.

^^^ unpopular opinion, and I couldn't care less.

You are acting horrible against the sensitive UKIPers. Mind their feelings, please.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: nonspecific

Damn it you cauaed me to log on again on my difficult phone with my clumsy thumb!

...honestly, the tories, labour and lib-dems are gonna lift the ban, greens, plaid,snp againt, ukip free vote...and i'll share direct action in a gm crop field with you in a heartbeat.

Luckily, no GM crops in Poland, so no GM stuff in Tyskie lager.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: moniker

I think it's an Eu thing so don't get too exited.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: uncommitted

Trying to stop the EU wasting over 8billion of our money is not in our best interest?

Sigh, another 24 hours and I guess you'll stop with the party political broadcasting? If they waste it and if it's 'ours' are interesting points, but trust me, I'm really not interested.

If those £8bn wouldn't get sent to the EU, they would be wasted by our own politicians instead, but at least it would be British wastage!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

You could level that clueless charge at voters of any party.

The country is full of folks who vote for a party because they "Always have."

Voting in this country is akin to cheering for your football team. No matter how bad it is, you will still cheer for it because it's YOURS.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Oh bugger. I'll have to emigrate to some good country where they don't allow foreigners in.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You are just making that up now aren't you?
We always have international transitional arrangements, at least support your fear mongering with some link or whatever to back it up.
I think it is your imagination alone. I can back up claims of transitional arrangements for established residents in the UK with prior examples at least.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

For someone so concerned about GM crops I'm surprised you appear to not know the current situation.
Last month the EU devolved the decision on the current EU ban on commercial GM crops to member state countries.
Conservatives/Labour/Lib-Dems WILL allow the ban to be lifted in the next year, SNP/Plaid Cymru/Greens all against allowing it, UKIP support a free vote for MP's in Parliament.

It is no longer an EU thing, it is the choice of the government we eventually get in the next few days.
...and if the SNP get a good 50 MP's, I'll be glad for their vote against the commercial growing and sale of GM crops for the first ever time in the UK.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Always happy to stand corrected. Was not aware it had progressed so far.

As said earlier theres always the option of a bit of direct action as it looks like they seem to think it will happen anyway.

Looks like just another good reason to have a good old referendum re our EU status.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It's a massive issue here in the far west SW, as a third of all UK organic food is farmed here.
Our organic farmers are furious because once the cross-pollination genie is out of the bottle we kiss goodbye to the organic farming industry on our island.
Organic farmers claim lifting a ban on GM food could spell disaster

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Noted, after all my arguing I could not even vote anyways, don't know if you caught it on the other thread.

Will go back to old school direct action and protest I think.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I saw read about it in the other thread. Was the woman faking a vote or something? Why the # could you not vote? You didn't need the card. I'd have proper kicked off about both and happily got the police called as a result of my non-violent (or threatening/abusive/insulting) genuine concerns.

...regarding GM crops though, I'm passionate about it which added to the reasons why I couldn't vote ConLabLib today.
UKIP's support for a free vote in Parliament by MP's met me half way.
If it looks like whoever governs us after tomorrow is going down the allowing GM crops route then shout me.
I'll happily distribute that friendly information leaflet with you and sing Kumbyah playing a bongo at any commercial grow which gets the go ahead for the first time.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Why couldn't you vote?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

I dont know how to link to another part of a thread so I'll copy and paste but it's a bit of a silly rant so skim if needed.

Well that was a complete waste of time, and I do mean a lot of time.

I just had one of those really rare surreal moments that life throws at you sometimes when I went to vote.

I have not voted for 20 years, this time I decided to take it seriously and look into things, read all the manifiestos, talked at length with friends and family, argued the toss here quite a bit too and finally made a decision that was a bit hard to come to terms with but dealt with it.

Earlier today I saw a news article about dogs at polling stations and sent the link to Mrsnonspecific as a joke. So we had to take the dog and take a photo of him outside the polling station. I had to find out if you can take a dog into a polling station as it's a local primary school and apparently you can.

I am registered to vote, got my polling card stashed away with MNS's. I have no formal Id and as a long time no voter was unsure if I needed it. Came to root it out and theres one for MNS and mine is nowhere to be seen, a short heated conversation later and we leave with the bloody dog in tow for his photo op.

It's a short walk less than 5 mins but MNS says we can get in the back route but we can't so after a quick grumble we head down another road to go and vote.

On the way there we bumped into our next door neighbours on the way back, not that unusual given the locality but one of those "whats the chances hahaha" moments that sometimes occur.

MNS want's to take a pic of the dog in front of the polling station to tweet as its "trending" before we go in but I want to do it afterwards as I have decided to vote conservative and am wondering if I can go through with it, after a brief heated debate we walk into the polling station.

Here is where it all goes as mad as a sack full of drunken badgers.

It's not as busy as I expected and theres only half a dozen people in the line, we walk in(with the dog) and stand behind a lady who I would say was of afro carribiean decent. The line moves swiftly forward and everyone had there polling card.

The little old lady on shift does her duty. We get to the lady in front and little old lady asks for her polling card to which she answers she does not have it. Little old lady asks for her address and she gives our address!!.

At first I thought I had misheard and MNS gives me a curious look but little old lady also struggled to understand the accent and asks again. This time it's definatley our address and when asked for her name she gives my landladys name.

At this point MNS who has never met our landlady says her name, no response. I mouth STFU and get a grimace for my troubles. MNS then gives the same address and her name and goes off.

I'm a bit spun out by this point as I know the lady in front of us is not our landlady. Firstly because we know each other quite well and secondly because she no longer lives in this country as she has returned home although I know she is still registered to vote as we had a polling card in the post.

I then give my name and address making sure that I get a good snoop at the list to confirm that the lady was indeed voting as someone else(she was) only to discover that although I know I am on the electoral role my name is not on the list??

We were so spun out by the situation that we walked home without taking a picture of the dog.

MNS has ppped to the shops now and I imagine on her return will have remembered and I will have to go back to the polling station to take the photo.

This means that today I will have gone to the polling station twice to end up not even voting for a party I did not really want to vote for anyway.

# politics.

Edit. Oh and on the way back MNS mentioned that the landlady is a member of the labour party...

So I did not vote yet someone who does not even live in this country never mind this constituancy votes for a party I dislike in a marginal seat.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Hahaha

Yes, I am.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SensiblyReckless

Rather childlike political debating position to take by both of you, but hey, the polling stations have closed now so it matters little now.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So...

UKIP have no chance because their leader is an absolute moron and the only votes he gets are protest votes.

Too funny

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Lighten up ffs. I'm just taking the piss.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless

Lighten up ffs. I'm just taking the piss.
Lighten up eh?
There has been lots of taking the piss in this thread and it has disappointed me every time as I prefer reasoned mature debate about those who may have elected authority over me by my fellow citizens.
Sorry but apart from the odd banter which has made me chuckle, I have remained factually based in my discussions here, as in the OP, so if you just wanna take the piss I shall ignore it.
The government of our country is a serious issue to me, and the lame labeling of UKIP supporters is misguided and unhelpful at best.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Oh come on... I posted some serious opinion in this thread.

The election is depressing me, so I had a bit of a laugh after.

The only people I'm labeling are UKIP themselves. They've done enough stupid # to warrant a piss take, they really have.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43 >>

join