It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: grainofsand

I'm going conservative, still a "promise" of a referendum but without a weak party with internal issues and no fracking or the wish to bring GM and inevitably Monsanto into the UK
Grr! I shut my laptop down so on lame phone in bed.
check your facts mate, conservatives are allowing gm crops next planting season, ukip are campaigning for a free vote in parliament for mp's!!

Check it, google it!
A vote for tory is a vote for first time ever commercial crops growing and sold for food in the UK...check it carefull if its imortant to you as it is to me.

...goodnight folks, busy day tomorrow.

VOTE UKIP

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I'm going conservative, still a "promise" of a referendum but without a weak party with internal issues and no fracking or the wish to bring GM and inevitably Monsanto into the UK
Grr! I shut my laptop down so on lame phone in bed.
check your facts mate, conservatives are allowing gm crops next planting season, ukip are campaigning for a free vote in parliament for mp's!!

Check it, google it!
A vote for tory is a vote for first time ever commercial crops growing and sold for food in the UK...check it carefull if its imortant to you as it is to me.

...goodnight folks, busy day tomorrow.

VOTE UKIP
I can find nothing about conservative agreement to the growth in 2016?

Only that all parties minus the greens are open to there use or are keeping quiet.

As you said regarding your UKIP stance the other issues can be dealt with later, by force if needed

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Damn it you cauaed me to log on again on my difficult phone with my clumsy thumb!

...honestly, the tories, labour and lib-dems are gonna lift the ban, greens, plaid,snp againt, ukip free vote...and i'll share direct action in a gm crop field with you in a heartbeat.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

lets get tommorow out of the way first and deal with wichever bunch of bastards win.

That way we can know our common enemy and plan acordingly.

We shall fight them in the fields, we shall fight them in the hedgerows.....

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Fkn double post blaaargh.
edit on 5/6/2015 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Just a heads up, planning that sort of thing on ATS is a HUGE nono according to the T&Cs. By 'that sort of thing' I mean "direct action" against some farmers crops.

It's good to see that the UK's version of the Tea Party is also full of anti-science reactionaries willing to violate the law to further their political agenda.

BTW chaps, either of you fellows know the number for MI5? Do they take eco-terrorism seriously over there?

Asking for a friend

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

Just a heads up, planning that sort of thing on ATS is a HUGE nono according to the T&Cs. By 'that sort of thing' I mean "direct action" against some farmers crops.

It's good to see that the UK's version of the Tea Party is also full of anti-science reactionaries willing to violate the law to further their political agenda.

BTW chaps, either of you fellows know the number for MI5? Do they take eco-terrorism seriously over there?

Asking for a friend

It will be okay, just talking about the posibility of making a friendly newsletter about ecological issues in our local area, nothing to see here

Here's the number for the anti terrorist hotline in the UK for your friend. 0800 789 321 freephone number too!
edit on 6/5/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
To the best of my knowledge, Farage has never, ever, voted in an EU vote - whether in favour or against the UK interests because he doesn't believe in the EU.

For information and balance:
EU Voting Record

On average, based on voting records assembled by the Vote Watch Europe website, I calculate that Ukip’s nine current MEPs have voted in 66.17 per cent of plenary votes in the European Parliament, that is votes in the main chamber, rather than those in committee sessions.

That’s just under two thirds.

Nigel Farage (45.57 per cent) and his deputy Paul Nuttall (44.53 per cent) have by far the worst records.

Other Ukip MEPs range from 50.85 per cent (Trevor Colman) to 90.9 per cent (Stuart Agnew).

Calculating the Ukip figure is complicated as several of those elected MEPs in 2009 have since left the party, while Roger Helmer has defected from the Conservatives, so I have confined my reckoning just to those who are Ukip MEPs right now.

That is interesting as it's Farage himself who claimed he didn't. Having said that though, that is someone's own guess, as stated at the top of the quote.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: uncommitted

Trying to stop the EU wasting over 8billion of our money is not in our best interest?

Sigh, another 24 hours and I guess you'll stop with the party political broadcasting? If they waste it and if it's 'ours' are interesting points, but trust me, I'm really not interested.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well, I voted.
So did my Mrs, she told me she voted ukip, but really didn't want anyone else to know because of all the rubbish that the feeble minded liblabcon sheeple like to spout.

I wonder how many other people will do the same thing? Could be a shock for the pollsters...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I thought I'd continue the trend...

The Green Party is NOT a Left-Wing environmental Party.

The Labour Party have NO ties to unions

The Conservative Party is NOT a party for the Rich

Any more to go with the Title of the thread?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Good man

I'm voting later on, will have an amusing hour or so grilling canditates and party activists first though.

I also hope for an interesting surprise if the 'closet' UKIP voters turn out in bigger numbers than expected by pollsters.
Nothing much more any of us can do now though so roll on the count, and I guess we'll all know in the wee twee hours tomorrow.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I do not think that the UKIP candidates are any worse individuals than those of other parties.

As I said the Party is in it's infancy and does not have the infastructure of the big parties.

To become a Conservative candidate you have to come up through the ranks, keep your nose aparently clean and be groomed over a period of years. You must be taught the tricks of the trade so as to apear like a good person and to aviod scandal.

UKIP has no such structure yet so will appear worse simply because more of them get caught out.

While I agree with you to some extent (and I loathe the career politicians who are so obviously groomed to be speakers and use the same obvious things to garner "trust" from the masses) I don't think it would take schooling in the art to not preach homophobia and sexism, nationalism and xenophobia.

I don't for one second believe that Cameron or Miliband ever had to sit in a room and be told repeatedly that calling LGBT people "perverts" was wrong, or that claiming Immigrants are responsible for everything that's wrong with our country would be an adequate explanation.

In addition, like them or not, many politicians actually did study economics, politics, international business etc. So whether they have been educated in manipulation of their image or not, they still at least have that core education to guide them too.

From my own perceptions of these people, having paid attention to this group of individuals for several years, they are not "average" people, they are considerably below average.

In the social structure of our country, if we imagine some kind of scale, we put the average citizen at 5, and the average politician at 10, then the average UKIP candidate is at level 1. These people seem incapable of keeping their mouths in check, or their opinions on a remotely rational level. If you walked through a pub in any town or city of this country, you would not find 2 people willing to express themselves in such a way, or espouse that kind of ignorance.

We could debate for days about why this party would attract so many ignorant people, but I think it most certainly has to do with the level of ignorance one needs to have to believe the things they believe about others. We also have to consider that UKIP has actively encouraged xenophobia over the last few years (even the founder of the party agrees). If you build a party based on ignorance, ignorant people will be attracted to it.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

I do not think that the UKIP candidates are any worse individuals than those of other parties.

As I said the Party is in it's infancy and does not have the infastructure of the big parties.

To become a Conservative candidate you have to come up through the ranks, keep your nose aparently clean and be groomed over a period of years. You must be taught the tricks of the trade so as to apear like a good person and to aviod scandal.

UKIP has no such structure yet so will appear worse simply because more of them get caught out.

While I agree with you to some extent (and I loathe the career politicians who are so obviously groomed to be speakers and use the same obvious things to garner "trust" from the masses) I don't think it would take schooling in the art to not preach homophobia and sexism, nationalism and xenophobia.

I don't for one second believe that Cameron or Miliband ever had to sit in a room and be told repeatedly that calling LGBT people "perverts" was wrong, or that claiming Immigrants are responsible for everything that's wrong with our country would be an adequate explanation.

In addition, like them or not, many politicians actually did study economics, politics, international business etc. So whether they have been educated in manipulation of their image or not, they still at least have that core education to guide them too.

From my own perceptions of these people, having paid attention to this group of individuals for several years, they are not "average" people, they are considerably below average.

In the social structure of our country, if we imagine some kind of scale, we put the average citizen at 5, and the average politician at 10, then the average UKIP candidate is at level 1. These people seem incapable of keeping their mouths in check, or their opinions on a remotely rational level. If you walked through a pub in any town or city of this country, you would not find 2 people willing to express themselves in such a way, or espouse that kind of ignorance.

We could debate for days about why this party would attract so many ignorant people, but I think it most certainly has to do with the level of ignorance one needs to have to believe the things they believe about others. We also have to consider that UKIP has actively encouraged xenophobia over the last few years (even the founder of the party agrees). If you build a party based on ignorance, ignorant people will be attracted to it.

I think my biggest issue with UKIP aside from what I have already staed is the type of vote(in general) that they attract.

Most of those choosing UKIP here on ATS are in my opinion wrong but at least have a good understanding of the parties manifesto, it's limitations and UK politics in general.

Out here in the real world though it seems that the majority of UKIP voters are pretty much clueless to anything other than the issue of immigration.

I have been playing with loads of them on facebook asking questions about there manifesto, internal issues ect and most if not all simply have no idea of how to respond once you take away the imigration issue.

Even if you could prove that the party is not racist or xenophobic a large proportion of its supporters that I have personally spoken to most certainly are.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

You could level that clueless charge at voters of any party.

The country is full of folks who vote for a party because they "Always have."

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Even if you could prove that the party is not racist or xenophobic a large proportion of its supporters that I have personally spoken to most certainly are.

And here we go right back to *grainofsand's* OP.....

It is not racist or xenophobic to have an immigration policy

that looks after and puts its own citizens interest FIRST.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

And here we go right back to *grainofsand's* OP.....

It is not racist or xenophobic to have an immigration policy

that looks after and puts its own citizens interest FIRST.

I did not say the party was either of those things.

I said that even if you were to prove that UKIP as a party was not racist or xenophobic as per GOS's OP

that a large amount of the people that I have spoken to that are voting UKIP are in my opinion both racist and xenophobic.

Why do I say this? because most of them use offensive language regarding those of different races (which I consider racist) and wish England to be for Engilish people and have an ingrained and poorly rationalised loathing of those from other nations or cultures(which I consider xenophobic).

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well that's UKIP voted for, but I forgot to take a pen and they only supplied pencils so I'm sure the Labour counters will rub that out and change my vote. lol.

Got me thinking how easy it is to rig our votes...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Yep, just cast my vote, UKIP for MP, independent who I know for local councillor.
There was a pencil on a bit of string in the polling booth, was glad I took my ink pen.
Pencils in a national election? WTF?!!
...at least with the pencil thing (apparently nationally) we have the option of bleating 'fix' and 'fraud' like the Scots nationalists after they lost their referendum, lol.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: moniker

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless
All this talk of immigration - makes me wonder what the Spanish think with the British exodus to their country.

All Britons will be sent home and that's the way it should be. After all, they have enjoyed British benefits throughout their life and it is therefore only decent that they should stay in the UK and keep paying their taxes here rather than in Spain.
Sorry, just noticed this and had to reply.
No established Brits would be kicked out of Spain, and no EU nationals would be kicked out of the UK in any event where the UK left the EU or initiated a needs based immigration policy.
That is scaremongering at it's worst.

It is, however, what media says and I recall even the honourable Mr. Farage hinting at it.

The UK border controls are so lax that nothing will happen here. The requirements for the Schengen area are far more strict and it might in the worst case be that Britons will have to leave Spain/Corsica/etc and come back to the UK to apply for permanent residency, or else go on a trip outside the Schengen area every three months. In the worst case.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join