It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Now im not pro UKIP and Mr Leathley is clearly an idiot but how is that statement violent? I get the sexist and racist part.......

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: grainofsand

Off the top my head the animal cruelty one is pretty much a carbon copy like for like and I think the increase to NHS budget may be the same.

So just because those were on the BNP manifesto does not make them a bad idea.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
UKIP are pro fox hunting and wanted to scrap the NHS and replace it with US private healthcare until a few weeks ago.

I dont this they ever said "US private healthcare ".

The world is not just a case of NHS and US healthcare.

Take Canada, they have private healthcare but still have free healthcare for all.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Off the top my head the animal cruelty one is pretty much a carbon copy like for like and I think the increase to NHS budget may be the same.

So just because those were on the BNP manifesto does not make them a bad idea.

I think that sub policies like the animal cruelty ones are more about trying to make the party look kind than any real desire to effect change.

How can the BNP be "bad" if they are kind to animals?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
RE the BNP having the odd normal policy.

They can put what they like in there, but there are too many deal breakers to get my vote. Primarily their racist policies, their primary policy is segregation by skin colour.
Can't vote for that.

Similarly the Greens have some good stuff, but also deal breakers.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
RE the BNP having the odd normal policy.

They can put what they like in there, but there are too many deal breakers to get my vote. Primarily their racist policies, their primary policy is segregation by skin colour.
Can't vote for that.

Similarly the Greens have some good stuff, but also deal breakers.

As I said earlier all the parties have some good ideas, I think I would agree with at least half of any parties manifesto, BNP included.

As you say it's the core policies that seperate them on an individual basis.

Greens and BNP are both opposed to fracking and there as opposite as they come for example.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

That's true, as regards liblabcon, you also need to factor in trust.

No matter what lib dems say or promise, they'll do whatever it takes to get a seat at the top table.

I don't trust the others either.

I think ukip is still at the nascent level of trying to deliver their manifesto though, they aren't as cynically removed from real people as liblabcon.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

UKIP are pro fox hunting and wanted to scrap the NHS and replace it with US private healthcare until a few weeks ago.
Have you got any links to support that assertion?
I googled a few minutes of my life and just found a few pics of Farage shaking hands at a drag hunt which involved bait but no foxes.
I only see billions of investment in the NHS promised as well, funded by not having to make a net contribution of billions each year in payment as members of the EU.

Share the links, I might change my my mind about voting for UKIP to get a referendum on EU membership.
I might not though, I am absolutely passionate that I want a vote on Europe. We've never had one...unless you include the vote on free trade in 1975.

Here's the UKIP health minister calling for the NHS to be scrapped -
tompride.files.wordpress.com...

'I would like to congratulate the coalition government for bringing a whiff of privatisation into the beleaguered National Health Service.
The problem, however, goes far deeper. I would argue that the very existence of the NHS stifles competition, and as competition drives quality and choice, innovation and improvements are restricted.'

Here's Farage calling for a referrendum to re-introduce Fox Hunting and other kinds of hunting - while he doesn't outright tate supprot for it, reading between the lines is obvious.
www.countryside-alliance.org...

www.countryside-alliance.org...

If you want an EU referendum why not vote for one of the other parties that are calling for one but aren't run by nutters or closet racists. UKIP have achieved far more than any other party in getting the debate going but they're not the only party calling for an in/out referendum.
edit on 6-5-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

originally posted by: crazyewok

I dont this they ever said "US private healthcare ".

The world is not just a case of NHS and US healthcare.

Take Canada, they have private healthcare but still have free healthcare for all.

Apart from the times Farage got caught on camera calling for the US system to be introduced...
www.mirror.co.uk...
edit on 6-5-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

That's true, as regards liblabcon, you also need to factor in trust.

No matter what lib dems say or promise, they'll do whatever it takes to get a seat at the top table.

I don't trust the others either.

I think ukip is still at the nascent level of trying to deliver their manifesto though, they aren't as cynically removed from real people as liblabcon.

In defence of UKIP(not something you will hear me saying very often) Although I disagree with them I respect the fact that as a party they are willing to stand up for what they think is the right thing to do as opposed to playing safe and going for numbers in order to gain control.

The big 3 in my opinion are no longer political parties but corperations, the state of the nation and the well bieng of the population are secondary to the success of the party.

A career politicians primary role is to ensure a victory for the party they represent.

As an MP your job is to convince you constituents to vote for you by any means possible.

UKIP and the Green party are putting the beliefs before overall popularity and for that I give both parties credit.
edit on 6/5/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Is that a manifesto? I will be honest that looks like a vauge but patriotic shim sham to me. As someone that was all for Farage when he defied Europe but now as a nemisis and bigot I struggle to see what this will do to change my opinion.

I have read this 4 times now and I still do not get what should convince me? I await more.

It is also based on the idea that Britons would never ever want to move elsewhere without too much trouble.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I see a lot of folk crying 'racist' or 'xenophobic' on ATS about the United Kingdom independent Party (UKIP) so I thought it would be helpful to share a link to view their election manifesto, as well as the independent economic review of their policy proposals:
UKIP Manifesto 2015

There is much we can debate from this easily accessed link, but please, let's just stick to the official manifesto and not MSM twisted/spun headlines.
There will of course be members who will cry about Farrage saying in the recent leader debates that he is against non-UK citizens getting free AIDS treatment drugs off the NHS, and that is somehow something bad, but if you have any criticism of UKIP's policy then please do express it with a thought for how other non-EU nations treat the same issues for Brits. A British citizen rocking up in a hospital in Ottawa asking for AIDS treatment drugs for free will be quickly told where to go.

Yes. Into the waiting room, for treatment. They won't refuse treatment, but they will send an invoice later and that's what international health insurance is for.

The same will happen within the EU, but the tab will be picked up by the person's home country provided he/she has an EHIC card.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Here we go again...another day another Kipper makes racists sexist comments.

Ukip candidate says woman writer 'needs a shag' and 'would love a big black thing up her a***'
www.mirror.co.uk...=2

A question to UKIP supporters.

What makes you think these people are respectable politicians and not a complete laughing stock.

How long do you think your chosen candidate would last if elected given the rapid sacking rate and rapid nonsense.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
A vote for Ukip is a vote wasted.
Nope, it is a vote which indicates the voter supports the calls for a referendum on membership of the EU.

A vote for the Conservatives is a vote which indicates that the voter supports the calls for a referendum on membership of the EU.

The UKIP doesn't want a referendum. They just want out, no questions asked.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Being in the U.S. I know little about the "party stance" but have seen many youtube videos of Nigel Farage.

From what I have seen, he has very strong points and tells it like it is. I don't think people want to hear the truth when it is told

I truly wish we had politicians in the U.S. who would have the backbone to actually take stands like this.

Yes, Farage is good at rhetorics.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Jonjonj

How is an immigration policy the same as Canada, Australia, US, and New Zealand racist???

I agree with you on this one. It is not racist.

It is, however, xenophobic.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Here we go again...another day another Kipper makes racists sexist comments.

Ukip candidate says woman writer 'needs a shag' and 'would love a big black thing up her a***'
www.mirror.co.uk...=2

A question to UKIP supporters.

What makes you think these people are respectable politicians and not a complete laughing stock.

How long do you think your chosen candidate would last if elected given the rapid sacking rate and rapid nonsense.

This is a good example of what I said earlier about UKIP not being career politicians.

There candidate is as 23 year old student? what skills and experience can he possibly have for such an important roll?

It also shows they lack infastructure to correctly vet and control there candidates.

It is shocking that he was the best choice to represent a so called major player in UK politics in my opinion.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
UKIP are not anti-immigrant. What they stand for is controlled migration, rather than the open door policy we have at the moment. Not only do we have no control over the migration of large numbers of EU nationals into the UK, but we also cannot stop the floods of migrants from outside the EU who are then given the required paperwork in Italy or Spain and are then allowed to travel across Europe in order to try and enter the UK, which is their stated aim..

We have controlled immigration already. No country in the world have uncontrolled immigration. What the UKIP wants is a different kind of controlled immigration (an Australian-style points system, which ironically was inspired by the UK).

Not even EU nationals enjoy "uncontrolled" immigration into the UK. The free movement within the EU comes with a number of conditions, one of them being that one must be able to support oneself. Ever EU country enforce it, some better than others. The border agency also refer to these conditions on their website as "exercising one's treaty rights". But the UKIP never mentions that. Why should they, when it is so much more fun to talk about "uncontrolled" immigration.
edit on 6/5/2015 by moniker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
They might not be racist but they are xenophobic. I remember before Christmas the storm they whipped up about Romanians coming to take over the country and become your next door neighbours and how awful it would be to have a Romanian living next door.

I have a Romanian family living next door. Nice people. Can't say that about the British thug living across the street though, who have been caught more than once on CCTV smashing car windows in the night.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Here's what turned out to be a prophetic interview with him for his local paper in March this year.
I think the reason he was chosen is because he's the co-founder of Durham University’s UKIP society and also the current Vice President.

99.7% of UKIP members have never said anything stupid at all. The UKIP members who say stupid or offensive things make up 0.3% of our party – and when they say something stupid we kick them out.

I found this interesting...

We operate a so-called ‘grandfather clause’ on admission – members of certain organisations who joined the party long time ago can stay, but new members can’t be previous members of those group.
durham.tab.co.uk...

I wonder what those " certain organisations" were ?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: stumason

That aside, we could leave the EU and join the EFTA, which we were originally part of in the first place.

Like Norway, as they keep stating. Norway that has to adopt all EU trade legislation without voting on it or taking part in any of the meetings to establish the legislation as we do at present. Oops sorry I forgot, as UK representatives can do at present but fail to turn up at the goddam meeting and then bitch and complain afterwards......like UKIP. There attendance (or rather lack of) is on record.

And likewise, some of the EU policies they complain the most about where proposed by - Britain.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join