It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:45 PM

originally posted by: nonspecific
Some of those policies are also in the BNP manifesto
Which ones? ...out of the specific things Sprocket quoted?
I'm curious but unconcerned as I am voting UKIP for the independence from the EU vote.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:55 PM
a reply to: grainofsand

Off the top my head the animal cruelty one is pretty much a carbon copy like for like and I think the increase to NHS budget may be the same.

As I said earlier in the thread there are definate similarities but it's too late to get into it now.

I posted a link to the BNP manifesto some way back but in fairness it's more like a summary, only about 10 pages long.

It's suprising how much most(myself included) would agree with.

It's when you get to reinstating the death peanalty and there outright raciism that it falls foul.

Worth a read in my opinion, know your enemy and all.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:06 PM
a reply to: nonspecific

Against animal cruelty and NHS cuts = good

Death penalty = bad

I would not support a party which advocated animal cruelty, NHS cuts, or the death penalty.
UKIP do not so it explains why I am comfortable sending my message to Parliament that I support calls for a referendum on EU membership.
They are a one trick pony to me and I am using them as such. It pleases me when other policies of the party agree with my world view though.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:08 PM
UKIP are pro fox hunting and wanted to scrap the NHS and replace it with US private healthcare until a few weeks ago.

a reply to: crazyewok

It's surprising stuff but in the manifesto, they want an in/out EU referendum for the sake of giving the public democracy, they would prefer to remain in though.

They also pledge to stop open borders and pointless wars which are the main source of refugees.

Link here (site currently down)
edit on 5-5-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:25 PM
Just out of interest, when does a party become racist? Is it when a lot of the members have racist views, or even little chestnuts like this?

A UKIP parliamentary candidate was dramatically suspended from the party tonight after Mirror investigators filmed him threatening to shoot his Tory rival. Robert Blay, who is standing in North East Hampshire, made the shocking threat of violence against Conservative Ranil Jayawardena.

Former bank accountant Blay, 55, who used to be a member of the Conservative Party, told our reporter that Jayawardena had been tipped to potentially be the country’s first British Asian Prime Minister. And in a vile and shocking outburst, he raged: “If he is I will personally put a bullet between his eyes.

"If this lad turns up to be our Prime Minister I will personally put a bullet in him. That’s how strong I feel about it. “I won’t have this f***** as our Prime Minister. I absolutely loathe him.” The shocking remarks were made to a Daily Mirror investigator at a public meeting on Saturday attended by party leader Nigel Farage. A UKIP spokesman said tonight: “"Mr Blay has been suspended with immediate effect".

Robert Blay: UKIP suspends parliamentary candidate after he threatens to SHOOT Tory rival in shocking video

I'm not saying the party is racist...and to be honest, i don't have a great knowledge of the parties and thier policies....but i do hear lots about things UKIP members say.....and if this is the kind of thing they are thinking, then is it any wonder that one by one they get kicked out?

I'm sure it's just a one off....but then again, it's not really is it? Is it any wonder so many people get so turned off a party like this?

April 2013: Council candidate Alex Wood suspended after pictured giving a ‘Nazi salute’ — he later claimed he was ‘doing a plant impression’.

April 2013: Anna-Marie Crampton suspended as council candidate after claiming that Jews murdered each other in the Holocaust. She denied making the claims, saying her Twitter account had been hacked

September 2013: Godfrey Bloom MEP suspended after describing a room full of women as ‘sluts’ and hitting Michael Crick over the head.

September 2013: Lincolnshire council leader Cllr. Chris Pain removed after a ‘serious issue’ between Pain and party HQ.

January 2014: Cllr. David Silvester suspended after claiming floods were caused by gay marriage. He was later expelled from Ukip.

May 2014: Cllr. Dave Small suspended after a series of offensive tweets.

May 2014: Dover council candidate Harry Perry suspended after calling David Cameron a ‘gay-loving nutcase’.

December 2014: Kerry Smith resigned as PPC for South Basildon and East Thurrock after his offensive remarks about gay people and other Ukip members.

December 2014: Roger Bird resigned as Ukip general secretary after sexual harassment allegations. He was later cleared of impropriety.

December 2014: Winston McKenzie suspended as the chair of the Lambeth & Croydon branch. He was then replaced this month as the party’s Commonwealth spokesman.

January 2015: Amjad Bashir MEP suspended over ‘extremely serious’ financial issues before defecting to the Conservative party. Bashir denied any wrongdoing.

February 2015: Rozanne Duncan expelled after ‘deeply racist comments’ on BBC documentary Meet the Ukippers.

February 2015: Cllr. Robert Ray suspended and stood down as chair of Thurrock branch after drink driving conviction.

March 2015: Janice Atkinson MEP suspended over expenses claim

Janice Atkinson is just the latest example of Ukip’s persistent problem with candidates

If you are going to still say they are not racist, then fair enough. Say it enough times and i'm sure it will sound right. But at least say that most of the members are offensive enough not to want them anywhere near the running of our country?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:27 PM

originally posted by: bastion
UKIP are pro fox hunting and wanted to scrap the NHS and replace it with US private healthcare until a few weeks ago.
Have you got any links to support that assertion?
I googled a few minutes of my life and just found a few pics of Farage shaking hands at a drag hunt which involved bait but no foxes.
I only see billions of investment in the NHS promised as well, funded by not having to make a net contribution of billions each year in payment as members of the EU.

Share the links, I might change my my mind about voting for UKIP to get a referendum on EU membership.
I might not though, I am absolutely passionate that I want a vote on Europe. We've never had one...unless you include the vote on free trade in 1975.
edit on 5.5.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:32 PM
a reply to: CX

Yes, it is excellent that the party has suspended the member so swiftly.
The main Labour/Conservatives/Lib-dem seem much slower to act than UKIP when they have their scandals.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:46 PM

These members have all been secretly filmed for one purpose and one purpose only, and that is to make UKIP look like a racist party.

The same could be done with the establishment parties but it's either not done or it's swept under the carpet...

Every one and I mean everyone has some sort of view that goes against the mainstream, and if someone digs enough they will find it and use it against you, which is why they use secret filming techniques, and use their trust to find people's darkest secrets.

We have to learn from this, never to divulge are secrets to anybody, because as in cases like this, it will be used against you.

Just because they hold these secrets, doesn't mean that they would act on them, that's life. I have people that I would say I want to kill because I hate them so much...doesn't mean I'm really going to do it though.

Because at the end of the day, people know what's right and wrong regardless of their views and opinions.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:51 PM
a reply to: DAZ21

Of course there are bad apples in ALL political parties.

UKIP is the only vote if anyone reading this wants a referendum on EU membership and controlled points/value based immigration which pretty much all countries outside of the EU have.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:52 PM
a reply to: Scouse100

You have referred to multiculturalism a few times.

Here's one man's take on multiculturalism - I'd say he's eminently qualified to pass judgement on it.

I know its from The Mail's website but it does contain the full article written by Trevor Phillips and is well worth a read regardless of one's personal take on things.

Please take the time to read the whole piece - thought provoking.

As an aside - its a shame to see Bridei got himself banned, but hardly surprising.
I enjoyed reading his remarkably well written posts even though they contained absolutely nothing of substance whatsoever - remarkably like our politicians, of all political persuasions.

I've just got in from the pub and I was looking forward to pulling his flowery prose to pieces.

edit on 5/5/15 by Freeborn because: Got his name wrong....advancing years and failing eyesight.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:07 PM
All these minor players kicked out of Ukip for talking rot are a bit of a blot, it's true.

Dianne Abbot has been openly racist and is still a member of the Labour elite.

I'd say that not kicking out racists makes the Labour party far more guilty of racism and the acceptance of it than ukip, who take action against their members when they cross that particular line

There's also the fact that Conservatives, Labour and Lib dems have colluded to protect large numbers of child rapists from within their ranks for generations, they are still doing so.

I won't vote for such people.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:10 PM

He's referring to a speech Nige made a year or so ago when he said the UK may need to look at a US style insurance based system, it was never policy, merely throwing an idea out there which was rejected by the membership.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:38 AM

originally posted by: SprocketUK

He's referring to a speech Nige made a year or so ago when he said the UK may need to look at a US style insurance based system, it was never policy, merely throwing an idea out there which was rejected by the membership.
Ah, so just more negative campaigning crap again, thought as much, cheers.

edit on 6.5.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:49 AM
a reply to: DAZ21

Even if this is true, the fact lies that this is how the individuals really are. A party is it's members.

Yes it's true, other parties are like it too, the whole place needs cleaning out and delousing.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:59 AM
a reply to: CX
Yep, and we deserve a vote on EU membership after 40 years without one...UKIP is the only way to get it

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:31 AM

A UKIP candidate was last night suspended from the party after he was filmed threatening to shoot his Tory rival at an event attended by Nigel Farage. Read more: Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Left-wing columnist Yasmin Alibhai-Brown slammed the attack on her by wannabe MP John Leathley, saying: "It's sexist, it's racist, it's violent"

Another one bites the dust. Good to see the daily mail with its fair coverage of the parties.

The Ukip candidate in Tony Blair's old constituency has sparked outrage by saying a well-known female columnist 'would love a big black thing up her a***'.

I'm not even going out of my way to find these stories
edit on 6-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:06 AM

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Looks like you will stoop to any lows. This was a thread about UKIP, before you nationalists hijacked it for your own agenda.

I never believed in paid shills till now....

Anyway I'm done with this racist Scottish thread. I know who I'm voting for, and if people want change, vote UKIP.

I agree, there has been a fair bit of "racism" (or rather, vitriol and bitterness, as one cannot be racist to people of one's own race) on both sides as a result of the referendum debate. It's certainly a subject that can bring out misguided sentiments from people who let emotion and hatred of the "other" cloud their judgement.

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: Bridei

...... the meddlesome Scots..... destroy England.......inferiority complex.......

......England has outgrown you.....jealousy........

......pets......simply have to dispose of them...

Oh, my. Are you feeling well? I find it hard to believe that someone could earnestly post these two things, one after the other, and see no hypocrisy in that. The sheer incoherence of these two posts is just..... astounding. You are clearly some sort of nationalist yourself, scarcely different from the people you're raving against. Naught but a poor show of character, and never was a worthy point made on this day. If this reflects the average UKIP voter, well, it seems we're in for a rough ride.

Now, I feel obliged to ask again- are you feeling well?
edit on 6-5-2015 by DiggerDogg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:23 AM

To gainofsand

Oh look!! another newbie straight to your thread!!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:30 AM
I thought this was quite funny. Talk about sour grapes

He added that Jayawardena had “got his missus to drop a kid just before the election”.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:43 AM
a reply to: ispyed

To be fair, the Conservative party had more influence over this bloke than ukip, since he was a tory for far longer than he was a kipper.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>