It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Seeing as most nations seem to have their own IS wannabe's, I do not see this as an issue.

And if we leave the EU, nothing will change with regards to agreements we already have with other nations around the world.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

That happens all the time in the UK, especially when Labour were in charge - people forget they are the ones who crapped the 10p basic rate of tax during the boom years to pay for their largesse, immediately forcing millions into the 20% tax bracket and they kept the 40% rate threshold low so those with rising wages would get caught with a huge bill.

And if you do really well now? Well they want to tax the crap out of you even more with Mansion taxes, 50p rates and other nonsense.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Back from local Polish shop, couple of cans of Tyskie and their cheapest sausages for my cat who is now happy.
For the record, I see many benefits to my life from controlled immigration from the EU, some of the meat products in the Polish store near me are fantastic.
I buy cashanka quite a lot, that is the phonetic spelling I have given it 'cashanka' not sure how it is really spelled as I always ask for it, but it is like Scottish haggis with oats, spices and all sorts, I recommend it, well worth trying out.

That aside though, there are only so many Eastern European shops a country can support so I shall still be voting UKIP, solely to try and force that referendum slimy Cameron is promising (again).
If you want control on EU immigration to the UK and vote for anyone else other than UKIP then you are basically using people like me to get that referendum.
I don't really mind if we get the referendum though, but I'd prefer your vote to help make the difference.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

So nothing concrete then just soundbite opinion. Good to see you appear unable to criticise any of the policies.

UKIP has it's share of bad apples the same as every other political party. I vote on published policy, not rabid emotion based on a few crazies who are kicked out each year by every party - but swiftly by UKIP I may add.

Anyway I personally think UKIP has got the others rattled ....

David Cameron has taken off his jacket and come out fighting ....

Ed Millipede has commissioned a headstone with his 10 commandants (his

manifesto promises) carved into it for the garden of no.10 .... a bit

presumptuous don't you think!!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

That guy does my head in, milipede will part the English channel and let the whole of Europe across.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Lol, that is funny as fook!
Ed Miliband's carved pledges could sink like a stone

In several thousand years’ time, an archaeologist will uncover a 2.6 metre piece of stone that had been lying buried for hundreds of years. Scholars will spend just as long thereafter trying to interpret its meaning. Was it the centre of a hitherto unknown civilisation based around the sun god Ed? Will future transport ministers pledge billions of pounds of public money to build an underpass to protect this national monument?

Do it people, let fly with your dirty little secret, vote UKIP, get the referendum pretty much everyone really wants if we are honest with ourselves, vote for controlled immigration then go back to arguing about public toilet closures, potholes, and bus routes, after we get rid of the big fat elephant in the room which is EU membership.

We can genuinely shock the mainstream political elite on Thursday if we really want to...that would be a good thing in my opinion. The UK needs just such an honest and raw challenge to the status quo.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You know what, I might just put my "X" next to Phil Cunnington's (Wokingham UKIP candidate) name on Thursday. I live in a pretty safe Tory seat (John Redwood polled more than 50% of the vote in 2010) so I may as well throw a tactical one in the mix for the overall vote.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Do it man!!!
It is not a wasted vote with our well understood first past the post system.
If millions of us 'waste' our vote the same then that referendum is one more baby step closer.
I don't think my vote will result in a UKIP MP, but I do think it will help get that referendum because it will be counted and on national record.
20-30% cannot be ignored...it is how the Scots got their referendum over the years, exactly the same process.

edit on 4.5.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Oh, and take your own ink pen please people, no matter who you vote for.
I hope for a fair election and some folk in this thread have said their polling stations/places only offer pencils.
That is a risk not worth taking (this being a conspiracy site n all) so go to Poundland and buy a pack of ink pens shared between a few mates if you are skint.
Whatever you do though, vote on Thursday, and vote UKIP if you want a referendum on EU membership.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
For a nation made up of Mongrels and Immigrants we seem to have a rather twisted view on immigration and interbreeding.
edit on 4-5-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

...and your mature debating point, for or against, is what?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I wish people would stop using this argument...

If Britain is an immigrant population, then every country is made up of immigrant populations.

it's not about who the country is made up of, it's about realising that a country can only accommodate a certain amount of people...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

you dont get the Irony of a anti immigration policy in the UK...?
edit on 4-5-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

I wish people would stop using this argument...

Yeah, i bet you do...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

I know you don't read posts which run counter to your (odd) thinking, but I addressed this point earlier. It is a total misnomer to imply that high levels of immigration have been a feature of the history of the UK, they have not.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Not when it is running at a two to three hundred thousand net increase in population year on year.
No, of course not, do you support such figures then?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

I know you don't read posts which run counter to your (odd) thinking, but I addressed this point earlier. It is a total misnomer to imply that high levels of immigration have been a feature of the history of the UK, they have not.

Bloody Romans, coming over hear building our roads, bloody Normans coming over here building our castles, Bloody Vikings coming over here building our whatever the f### vikings built, Bloody Irish, coming over here building our roads that fell into disrepair after the Romans left...we could go on.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Not when it is running at a two to three hundred thousand net increase in population year on year.
No, of course not, do you support such figures then?

I dont see much of a difference to my income or lifestyle...do you?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm just about crashing out and really don't wanna work tomorrow.
Vote UKIP thursday people and force that referendum through the only party campaigning for it, UKIP, no matter how distasteful it may seem to you in the moment.

...and if you don''t vote UKIP at least take your own pen so you can't be bitching about election fraud if your local polling station only offers pencils.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Vote UKIP and Nigel Farage, so Nigel can hold a referendum and give up his only form of income...Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join