It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Agreed.
I hold no racist views though, just reasoned opinions that the current status quo is not helpful to the UK and if we like it or not, UKIP are the only party with policies that can actually make a difference, or at the very least force slimy Cameron's hand with his promises for a referendum this time.
He lied last election...scumbag.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: grainofsand

We're as bad as other corrupt nations, we all now it helped line the pockets of the EU masters, and people like Blair.

If only I could go out and kill thousands and get millions for it like Blair. Instead I would end up in jail for a long long time, Blair gets riches and job security.....

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I know it's sick, I'm surprised he hasn't been assassinated yet.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Not a great deal - certainly not £11 Billion worth.

There is a project to boost "innovation", which only gives £40k per site... - 26 sites in total, for a grand prize of just over £1 million...

Some arts funding - to a maximum of £200k

Some funding for Wales totalling £2 billion over 6 years....

I know there is more, but it certainly seems that for the £11 Billion we're contributing (and we are a net contributor - meaning we give more than we take) we're not getting much and certainly nothing that our own Government could provide if it kept the money....

Add onto that the International Aid budget of £11.5 Billion and we're literally giving £22 Billion away each year. To put that into context, that is half the defence budget, or 20% of the budget for the NHS (at £115 Billion)....

It's madness...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Made of Teflon, # all sticks to that prick.
Millipede is as bad, stabbed his own brother in the back for the leadership election, I don't believe a word of his slippery rhetoric.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

I know it's sick, I'm surprised he hasn't been assassinated yet.

well unlike us he gets a personal 24 hour body guard.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Immigrants from the Colonies? Do you mean like the Empire Windrush or similar? Again, very small numbers - between 1951 and 1961, the West Indian population only grew from 15,000 to 172,000 - a growth of 15,700 a year.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

That's how I see things, and it is why I want a referendum on our membership of the EU.
As our resident friendly Scots feel they can run things better free of the UK government I equally feel we can run things better in the UK free of EU legislation and club entry fee's.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Indeed. I've had some debates with the (few) pro-Europe guys at work and the only positive they can think of for EU membership revolves solely around "freedom of travel to go on holiday"... Which we can have as an EFTA or EEA member.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I think politicians view these numbers as peanuts and just shrug their shoulders.

The thing is, as a normal man in Britain, if I had 11 billion I could do so much good with it and use it for so many projects to help local communities.

But politicians don't live in the real world, they see 11 billion, see it as a certain percentage of GDP and just give it away.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

That is exactly it - many do not appreciate that it is our money they are pissing about with.

Try this on:

You pay £1000 a month in rent (analogous to taxes in this example) - in return your landlord (the Government) had to make sure your house was in good order, everything worked and you lived comfortably.

But your landlord decides to give some of that money to pay for his Country club (the EU) and some more money to his charity of choice (Foreign Aid), so when you call him to say the roof is leaking, he turns around and says there isn't enough money to pay for it, so he's got to increase the rent...

That's how I feel about it. We're supposed to benefit from the taxation levied upon us as a nation, not other nations or organisations we have no say or control over.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The UK passport is number one in the world for getting into other countries anyway. 173 with no visa needed at the last count:
Access (almost) all areas: the British passport is No.1 for visa-free travel

...who needs the EU really?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Like Jack Dee once said, it's for slapping Foreign officials out of the way with

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Good analogy, now if we could get that message out to all the EU supporters, it might be simple enough for them to understand.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Hahaha I love me a lil bit of national arrogance just once in a while!

But seriously, what the # does the EU do for us?

....reminds me of a scene from 'Life of Brian' lol

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yea the passport's good for now, but how long before it doesn't hold those benefits, after other nations are worried about their national security every time a Brit enters their country

I'm alluding to home grown terrorists like ISIS.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Yea the passport's good for now, but how long before it doesn't hold those benefits, after other nations are worried about their national security every time a Brit enters their country

I'm alluding to home grown terrorists like ISIS.
I'm not that concerned to be fair, profiling does not usually affect white skinned blokes without beards and women walking 5 paces behind them.
That reminds me of a funny experience at Abu Dhabi airport a few years ago, the women I saw were carrying all the bags and walking behind their menfolk so I told my girlfriend at the time to give me her rucksack and I walked 5 paces behind her carrying her luggage and mine.
If looks could kill lol, I only did it because I knew I was safe in the international zone...but all those men hated me with their eyes haha.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So we're all voting UKIP on Thursday then yeh?
I'm popping out to the local Polish shop before it closes, I fancy a couple of cans of Tyskie before bed, and the cat needs some food as well, she quite likes the occasional Polish sausage...who wouldn't eh

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

In 2014, it was £11.3 Billion, including the extra bill they gave us at the end of the year as we did better than they thought (and have outperformed every other EU economy)

LOL !! Must be the only time when one gets penalised for doing well...

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join