It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

There's a whole world to trade with, looking at the EU as being the be all end all of trade is very short sighted.

Let's trade with the greater world.

And anyway, the EU won't stop trading with us, anyone who tells you otherwise is just scaremongering. They traded with us before all of this EU BS. lol

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: grainofsand

Germans will still want to sell us their BMW's and Merc's.
Why do you fear a trading relationship similar to other non-EU countries have with the EU?
Perhaps share some published studies and maybe you can educate me, or are your thoughts just based on personal opinion?

I don't think I need to show a study to demonstrate common sense. I don't care about BMWs and Mercs. I care about the change in the massive amount of importation and exportation that flows through our borders.
The prices we pay and are paid are set within the framework we have spent 40 + years working on. And you want to piss it all away because you didn't get a vote? Tell you what, let's see how happy and smiling you are IF we did leave Europe.

Using the immigration policy as the MAIN reason for a vote that will have enormous everyday economic implications is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. And the baby is our economic future.

Got any researched studies you can link me to which support your assertions?
I enjoy a new read.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I Will just throw in "Britain First" and there support of UKIP

Some nice ideas but with horrible background and yet another fat cat banker and a bunch of cronies.

This is better how please?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

So, have you got any links to research or studies which support your hyperbole?
I'd love to see them.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Not that I would feel the need to share. You gave your point, I gave mine. Can you show how the UKIP policy strategises it's economic policy? No, you can't because they haven't got one. Armed forces? snap. What about social security? National health? Stop being a troll. My opinion to YOUR OP is that I disagree, you need to convince ME. Right?

Good luck with that.
edit on 1-5-2015 by Jonjonj because: spelling

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Judge UKIP by their published manifesto, not others who may or may not support them.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

That's cool, as you live in Madrid I shall just dismiss your silly points.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I am in liverpool, born and bred, been back for quite some time. So who is the idiot now?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Some nice ideas but with horrible background and yet another fat cat banker and a bunch of cronies

Exactly , he plays the bloke down the pub roll well but in reality he's another right wing public school boy who spent the 80s and 90s working in the City as a trader.
He blows his dog whistle well but there's no substance behind the rhetoric.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

'Britain First' agreeing with UKIP is a vastly different kettle of fish to UKIP agreeing with 'Britain First' how the # can you not see that?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I will do so mate, not by the media or opinion.

As I said I liked them until they got out of hand, My biggest issue with them is the support they gain from idiots and I feel that distracts from there core values.

I will not lie I'm a bit suprised your going that way but as they say, politics and football will lead to disagreement.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I am in liverpool, born and bred, been back for quite some time. So who is the idiot now?

More you than me as you show your location as Madrid and you are not actually there.
Lame.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

There's a whole world to trade with, looking at the EU as being the be all end all of trade is very short sighted.

Let's trade with the greater world.

And anyway, the EU won't stop trading with us, anyone who tells you otherwise is just scaremongering. They traded with us before all of this EU BS. lol

Lol let's use an analogy then. Think of the EU as an ex-girlfriend if we leave. Good luck with the rest of the world. Those trade links are far too tenuous and subject to local disruption to plan the future of a country of 60million+ people, don't you think? Who would you suggest as trade partners, should we just go piecemeal into the international markets looking for bargains?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'd just like to input the fact that not many native Canadians recieve free AIDS or HIV medication, let alone immigrants.
edit on 1-5-2015 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I will not lie I'm a bit suprised your going that way

What? Judging a party by it's official published manifesto?
How do you reach your decision to vote then?

link   

More you than me as you show your location as Madrid and you are not actually there.
Lame.

So I didn't change my location, really? Are you being serious? How many users even HAVE a realistic location in here?

Anyway, just to say, I disagree with the idea of UKIP being a realistically electable government, that is all.

LOL
edit on 1-5-2015 by Jonjonj because: added a LOL

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Some nice ideas but with horrible background and yet another fat cat banker and a bunch of cronies

Exactly , he plays the bloke down the pub roll well but in reality he's another right wing public school boy who spent the 80s and 90s working in the City as a trader.
He blows his dog whistle well but there's no substance behind the rhetoric.

So you say you can't be a normal bloke if you worked in the city? by your definition, what is a normal bloke?

Are you saying because someone chose to work in the city that they don't represent you? but then will vote for Labour or conservatives who are worse if this is your whole basis of trust.

There are many 'normal blokes' that are members of UKIP, a lot more than the other parties. Just because their front man worked in the city for a couple of years doesn't make him establishment.

would you rather have someone fronting UKIP that doesn't have a strong financial mind, someone that can benefit the economy because they know the inner workings of city trade and banking?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Lame.

So I didn't change my location, really? Are you being serious? How many users even HAVE a realistic location in here?

Yes, I'm serious.
Why lie about where you are when it can influence discussion.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I lived in Madrid for 15 years and came back home to be with family, anything else?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I lived in Madrid for 15 years and came back home to be with family, anything else?

Yeah, change your location on your profile...it is a lie, and misleading.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join