It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Like I said mate, I hate some of the US threads that turn into foaming-at-the-mouth slanging matches.
I disagree hugely with many people on here in terms of politics and immigration and other issues, Freeborn being one member who sees things differently than me, but that doesn't stop us chatting or sharing a laugh or finding common ground in other threads and on other subjects.

I may vehemently disagree with much of what the UKIPPERS say and stand for and I may be repulsed by Nigel Farage but I'm not a bigot and I have many friends with different political views than me and it really isn't an issue.
Times like these, elections etc, we all get a little pissed off and vocal but It's mostly just posturing and banter and once all this is done and dusted and we've gloated and sulked, we'll all be back to having a laugh and taking the piss out of the rest of ATS.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Quite - at the end of the day, someone is going to screw us over in one shape or another, so no point letting it get between us plebs

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: nonspecific

Haha, behave!
I have the same passport as anyone else from England, Scotland, Wales, and N.Ireland, a British passport.
Poles, Hungarians, Romanians, bulgarians and all the rest do not.

...you know how lame that argument is in reality but I appreciate the chuckle.

I had to ask

It's not all that long that the English were complaining about the Paddys and the leeks and Scots.

England is a nation of Immigrants and always has been.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

UKIP are offering a £3 billion injection of cash into the NHS, and committed to 'free at the point of need'.
All funded by not having to pay the EU billions each year just to trade with them.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Perhaps, but very small scale migration.

Even the Anglo-Saxons only came over in relatively few numbers - they only really replaced the Romano-British elite and not the common pleb.

After them came the Normans, again in very small numbers to replace the Anglo-Saxon elite, with the plebs kept under the yoke even more with the introduction of feudalism.

Then other groups, such as the Huguenots, who again were very small waves of displaced people.

To try and use it as an excuse to carry on allowing a quarter of a million people a year to settle in this country, with minimal provision for expanding the infrastructure to accommodate it, is a bit silly.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Hahaha! Love it, so true

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Perhaps, but very small scale migration.

Even the Anglo-Saxons only came over in relatively few numbers - they only really replaced the Romano-British elite and not the common pleb.

After them came the Normans, again in very small numbers to replace the Anglo-Saxon elite, with the plebs kept under the yoke even more with the introduction of feudalism.

Then other groups, such as the Huguenots, who again were very small waves of displaced people.

To try and use it as an excuse to carry on allowing a quarter of a million people a year to settle in this country, with minimal provision for expanding the infrastructure to accommodate it, is a bit silly.

It was not intended as an excuse simply a statement.

What about the colonials? I would imagine there were some big numbers there over the years?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

That always makes me laugh, we're meant to get good trade deals with Europe as part of the EU, all we have to do is pay 8billion a year and then any more that Merkel demands because we can afford it apparently.

Such a great deal, thank you Merkel and junker and co. However can we repay you?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I'm still a sheep shagging, leek munching immigrant worker to some here though...long may such banter continue I say, gives us something to laugh about at the pub.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Ok, maybe I chose the word wrong. To make this statement in support of migration is a bit silly as it ignores the salient facts of the matter. There were probably less Anglo-Saxons migrating into England over the entire of the period spanning the fall of the Roman Empire than Eastern Europeans last year alone.

What about the colonials? I would imagine there were some big numbers there over the years?

I'm not sure I understand the question, sorry... Would you care to expand on it?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

That always makes me laugh, we're meant to get good trade deals with Europe as part of the EU, all we have to do is pay 8billion a year and then any more that Merkel demands because we can afford it apparently.

Such a great deal, thank you Merkel and junker and co. However can we repay you?

I thought we paid alot more than £8 billion!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

We probably do, OH yea EU don't forget to tax our black market aswell. I just want to kiss Merkel's shoes, she's so generous...
edit on 4-5-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Here you go, just for you!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Hahaha I just came!

...sorry [/shuffles away in shame]

link   

Here you go, just for you!

My Welch Grandad!

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I thought we paid alot more than £8 billion!

In 2014, it was £11.3 Billion, including the extra bill they gave us at the end of the year as we did better than they thought (and have outperformed every other EU economy)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think its important to recognise and acknowledge that many people are concerned about the detrimental effect open door immigration has had on things like the NHS, the education system, housing and not least job opportunities and wages paid to workers.

But I also recognise that some, if not many, hide behind those concerns in order to further their personal racist opinions.

And I'm certainly not stupid enough or naïve enough not to know that many of those racists are using UKIP as a vehicle to further their racist agenda.

Failure to recognise both is very foolhardy and unless we do recognise the difference the problem will never be addressed.

And again, whose agenda and best interests will that best serve?
Certainly not the ordinary, everyday British people regardless of race or creed.
edit on 4/5/15 by Freeborn because: Clarity

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Disgrace if you ask me, wtf did we actually get for that 11 billion?
Nearly 300,000 more people moving to the country is all I can see.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

We're as bad as other corrupt nations, we all now it helped line the pockets of the EU masters, and people like Blair.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Ok, maybe I chose the word wrong. To make this statement in support of migration is a bit silly as it ignores the salient facts of the matter. There were probably less Anglo-Saxons migrating into England over the entire of the period spanning the fall of the Roman Empire than Eastern Europeans last year alone.

I was reffering to immigrants from the colonies.

This must have to contribute surley?

I'm not sure I understand the question, sorry... Would you care to expand on it?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join