It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

You have shown me nothing except a bunch of unreferenced quotes which have no source, together with your emotionally based opinion.

If you have issues with particular UKIP policies then raise them again and I shall share my thoughts, but you have nothing, just tabloidesque soundbites and (rightly) criticism of UKIP members who have been kicked out swiftly by the party, as all other parties have had to kick out bad apples...although less swiftly.

This thread is about discussion of policy not your preconceived ideas of what the average UKIP voter represents.
I think 200,000+ immigration is too much every year. The ONLY party which has policies which can control that, and which MUST include a referendum on EU membership is UKIP. A vote for any other party will not result in controlled immigration similar to the points based system of Australia.

Now again, if you wish to discuss specific UKIP policies then please feel free to do so here and I will engage, but otherwise go start your own UKIP bashing topic, you can be reassured in the knowledge that I shall ignore it and leave you be.

Argue specific policies here, or go on an unsubstantiated rant in your own topic, is that an unreasonable request? Really?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

If you read into the implications of their full manifesto, you might find yourself voting for UKIP too. There's more to like in the UKIP manifesto, there is no small print that says all blacks and gays must die, no matter how much you might like it to say so, to justify your stance.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

So do you have no limit on the amount of people who can move to the UK?
When is enough enough?
If the entire unemployed populations of Hungary, Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Latvia and Romania moved here would you be happy to house them, treat all their medical ailments, and pay them Jobseekers Allowance?
No limits? At all, ever?
You are against our country being able to set limits as the current status quo forces us?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I'm going to have to seriously think about what happens when we fail to sort out unlimited immigration.

How long before it all implodes? What will happen? And when the country is in a mess, will the immigrants stay and help us fix it or will they jump ship to the next best place?

I'm guessing they'd leave us in a mess and jump ship!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

So do you have no limit on the amount of people who can move to the UK?
When is enough enough?
If the entire unemployed populations of Hungary, Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Latvia and Romania moved here would you be happy to house them, treat all their medical ailments, and pay them Jobseekers Allowance?
No limits? At all, ever?
You are against our country being able to set limits as the current status quo forces us?

Not at all, as said a few times I would love a referendum even if we stayed so at least we could undertand the implications of the EU, as for immigration then without statistics I cannot make a decision.

I can guess that 200,000 a year is possibly a bad thing but I simply do not know.

We still have immigration from non EU countries, a failing education system that has created a benifit culture, millions of socially useless British teenagers, a failing and ever more outsourced NHS?

If the EU immigration is the cause of the situation in the UK then I agree it needs dealing with but I think the picture is far bigger and fail to see how a UKIP vote that may or may not end EU migrants will change things that much.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: grainofsand

I'm going to have to seriously think about what happens when we fail to sort out unlimited immigration.

How long before it all implodes? What will happen? And when the country is in a mess, will the immigrants stay and help us fix it or will they jump ship to the next best place?

I'm guessing they'd leave us in a mess and jump ship!

The worry is the more you try and ignore or like on on here dismiss or belittle the issue the more radical desperate people in these failing community will get. UKIP may be "radical" to some but if you dont take there issues seriously you aint seen nothing yet. Failure to address these problems and friction with the EU could explode into to something far worse, something on the scale of the BNP and Nick Griffin worse.
edit on 4-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

That wouldn't surprise me.
The US will be the next. I know more than a handful of Polish blokes who have told me honestly that they wanted their children to be born in the UK solely because it is apparently much easier to get into the US as a British passport holder compared to a Polish passport holder.
It is a clearly defined plan and while I don't blame any of them with their tactical nation status choices, let's call it out for what it is.
It is not about altruistic thoughts of positively contributing to the UK for some folk, it is about using the UK.
...and as a fellow human being I understand such a tactic, I just don't support the system that allows it.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Ooh, I hope not.
I just want our country to be able to choose who we let in, just like that fellow 'racist' nation Australia.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The US will be the next. I know more than a handful of Polish blokes who have told me honestly that they wanted their children to be born in the UK solely because it is apparently much easier to get into the US as a British passport holder compared to a Polish passport holder.
It is a clearly defined plan and while I don't blame any of them with their tactical nation status choices, let's call it out for what it is.
It is not about altruistic thoughts of positively contributing to the UK for some folk, it is about using the UK.
...and as a fellow human being I understand such a tactic, I just don't support the system that allows it.

Without wishing to look like I am trying to start an argument did you not state earier in this thread that you were born in Wales and came to England?

As someone from a "UNION" of countries that was in the position to move to another country and start anew is it not somewhat hypocrititical to be annoyed that others have done the same but from a broader union.

Straight up question as I said it just seemed a little odd and no offence intended.
edit on 4/5/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Ooh, I hope not.
I just want our country to be able to choose who we let in, just like that fellow 'racist' nation Australia.

Me too which is why I fear a labour government and being denied a EU referendum and kowtowing more to the EU.

I honestly hope the voices in these failing community's are heard.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

......as for immigration then without statistics I cannot make a decision.

The most up to date figures;

www.ons.gov.uk...

The next report is due 21st May, after the General Election.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Haha, behave!
I have the same passport as anyone else from England, Scotland, Wales, and N.Ireland, a British passport.
Poles, Hungarians, Romanians, bulgarians and all the rest do not.

...you know how lame that argument is in reality but I appreciate the chuckle.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

There is a fundamental difference between what the United Kingdom is and what the EU is. The UK's 4 nations have, in one form or another, been united for centuries. They share a common currency, political system, language and history. The same cannot be said of the EU - nations which, only 70 years ago, we blowing the crap out of each other to the cost of 60+ million lives and have a diverse set of languages, political systems, customs and cultures.
edit on 4/5/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Without wishing to look like I am trying to start an argument did you not state earier in this thread that you were born in Wales and came to England?

As someone from a "UNION" of countries that was in the position to move to another country and start anew is it not somewhat hyocrititical to be annoyed that others have done the same but from a broader union.

Straight up question as I said it just seemed a little odd and no offence intended.

People in Wales and the rest of the UK pay the same tax into the system and are born into the same public services. Even if one has not worked chances are your parents have paid into it.

Immigration from wales to England and vice versa is not the same as a mass exodus from a borderline 3rd world country's from people that have not paid into the system.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Wow, nearly 300,000 net increase last year?!
That's huge for our small nation, it's more than the population of Manchester!

*Edit*
No it's not.
Manchester's population is 514,000.
It's more than Swansea, my home city though, a mere 240,000.
edit on 4.5.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Freeborn

Wow, nearly 300,000 net increase last year?!
That's huge for our small nation, it's more than the population of Manchester!

Can't we just move the population of Manchester to Romania then?
That's a fair swap I'd say.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

With regards to the "outsourced NHS" - what exactly is the problem? As long as it is free at the point of use, why does it matter?

If anything, by allowing the NHS to buy in services from the vastly underused private sector, waiting times can be cut (which I have seen you complain about), but it seems people object to this based purely on ideological grounds and sentiment for the "NHS" which is pretty much as it was designed 60 years ago and is not fit for purpose in today's world.

EDIT: In fact, the most successful "free" Health systems in Europe have a mix of private and public provision, often ones which are held up as examples in favour of "keeping the NHS", such as France or Germany.

German healthcare

French Healthcare, where only 62% of hospitals are owned by the State
edit on 4/5/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Haha, I have a lot of Manc mates so must disagree, but cheers for the chuckle...it is always good when we can still find humour amongst our political bitching.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

a reply to: blupblup

Haha, I have a lot of Manc mates so must disagree, but cheers for the chuckle...it is always good when we can still find humour amongst our political bitching.

Thats what differentiates us from those yanks

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

With regards to the "outsourced NHS" - what exactly is the problem? As long as it is free at the point of use, why does it matter?

If anything, by allowing the NHS to buy in services from the vastly underused private sector, waiting times can be cut (which I have seen you complain about), but it seems people object to this based purely on ideological grounds and sentiment for the "NHS" which is pretty much as it was designed 60 years ago and is not fit for purpose in today's world.

I know exactly were your coming from.

There are country's with far better health services to us who are free and have a lot of privatization.

The choose is not between UK NHS and American free for all healthcare.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join