It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Prezbo369

So do you support EU immigration swelling the UK population by over 200,000 people each year?
Like it or not UKIP unfortunately are the only party with policies which can actually address this.
It is why I am voting for them. I want that referendum and voting UKIP is the ONLY way to get it.

Right you want it at ANY cost......even if it means getting people like the above into power......great plan!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
a reply to: crazyewok

That's how we reproduce! Good grief...

If we penalize women for doing that then our population will need even more immigrants and defeat their major talking point.

I never said stop having babies. People will still breed even if they do get paid a few % less otherwise the UK population would have collapsed decades before.

Sorry if you take a few years out of work you will get paid less. I had to deal with that why are women some sort of exception?
edit on 4-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

How about some links to source your claims that Farage wishes to penalise women who choose to raise children?
All I get from searching your quotes is anti UKIP blogs and the Daily Fail.

How about commenting on official published policy of the party instead of just ranting soundbites?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

So do you support EU immigration swelling the UK population by over 200,000 people each year?
Like it or not UKIP unfortunately are the only party with policies which can actually address this.
It is why I am voting for them. I want that referendum and voting UKIP is the ONLY way to get it.

Right you want it at ANY cost......even if it means getting people like the above into power......great plan!
You didn't answer my respectful question.
Do you support EU immigration swelling the UK population by over 200,000 people each year? Yes or no?
UKIP are the only party with policies which can actually address it.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

How about some links to source your claims that Farage wishes to penalise women who choose to raise children?
All I get from searching your quotes is anti UKIP blogs and the Daily Fail.

I didn't say he did, read the thread....stop the strawmen

How about commenting on official published policy of the party instead of just ranting soundbites?

Policies such as allowing employers to potentially discriminate based on nationality and race?

“I would argue that the law does need changing, and that if an employer wishes to choose, or you can use the word ‘discriminate’ if you want to, but wishes to choose to employ a British-born person, they should be allowed to do so. … I think you should be able to choose on the basis of nationality, yes. I do.

You didn't answer my respectful question.
Do you support EU immigration swelling the UK population by over 200,000 people each year? Yes or no?
UKIP are the only party with policies which can actually address it.

It's really not a big issue for me, considering we've always immigrated a lot of people and the number of people that emigrate from the country.

You want to focus entirely on that? cool that's up to you.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Which cave have you been hiding in?
We have NEVER had the year on year levels of immigration that we have seen in the UK for the last decade.
It is a major problem and not sustainable.

Regarding employers being allowed to choose UK citizens before EU nationals, I have no problem with that.
Stop being a drama queen it is pretty natural behaviour. Would you give a job to a stranger over your brother if they shared similar skill sets?
I think the answer there is fairly obvious, and I support the right for employers to positively discriminate for UK nationals over EU nationals if they so wish.

If you cannot see that 200,000+ people swelling the UK population is a serious issue then I am glad you appear to be the minority. ALL the national political parties are stating they want to have 'sensible' immigration but UKIP is the only one with policies which can actually make a difference.

You have your vote, I have mine. I look forward to Thursday.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Would you give a job to a stranger over your brother if they shared similar skill sets?

How is that comparable?
I'd pick the best person for the job to be honest, regardless of nationality.
Also you're saying that the English are your brothers and Foreigners are "strangers"... to be honest I don't see it that way.
That's probably down to mentality though and why I view UKIP as a vile party.

Sounds like you're voting for the right party though.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I'm sure you think those with opposing views are the minority because everyone you have spoken to agrees with you, but that's not how it works.

I have faith in the great British population that's made up from a great many immigrants and decedents of immigrants as well as the 'British-born' folk to not vote for the vile party that is UKIP. But yeah we'll see.

edit on 4-5-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Oh behave, it is exactly comparable.
I used the example of a stranger and your brother WITH SIMILAR SKILL SETS.
That is the same as your line best person for the job.
Yes, I would give a job to someone in my family (with similar skill sets) before someone outside of my family.

Perhaps you wouldn't, perhaps you wish for all the poor parts of Europe to move here. That is your right of course, but I think it is misguided and fails to recognise the challenges such a situation presents a country.

If I have the choice of a Brit or an EU national labouring for me, and they have exactly the same skill sets then I will choose the Brit. Perhaps you wouldn't, but I identify kinship with my fellow citizens...you have your vote on Thursday though, as I have mine.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

So, which policies of UKIP do you consider vile?
I'm all ears.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

And I think your patronizing dismissing attitude will force many to vote UKIP.

Labour betrayed the Coastal towns and Torys have ignored them. Many community's and towns in some areas have been destroyed due to labour not building infrastructure to keep up with immigration. Is that the immigrants fault no?
But when your waiting weeks for doctor appointments and you have 12 hour hospital waits and yoru schools are failing I don't think people care whos fault it is they just want some dammed relief from the misery. If the two main parties had taken the issue seriously there would be no UKIP. But they haven't. And the more people dismiss these areas the more they will fill alienated and disfranchised and the more who will vote for "radical" parties.

Sure you can build more schools and hospitals ect but that takes money and time as schools and hospitals don't come out of thin air. IF we started that now it would still take 5-10 years for them to built and that IF they somehow found the cash to go on a school and hospital spending binge.
People don't want to wait 5-10 years for relief let alone the more likely 10-20 years. They want relief NOW.

edit on 4-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

So, which policies of UKIP do you consider vile?
I'm all ears.

I said the party is vile not the policies (read the thread) but I did quote one above (read the thread)...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

So nothing concrete then just soundbite opinion. Good to see you appear unable to criticise any of the policies.

UKIP has it's share of bad apples the same as every other political party. I vote on published policy, not rabid emotion based on a few crazies who are kicked out each year by every party - but swiftly by UKIP I may add.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

And I think your patronizing dismissing attitude will force many to vote UKIP.

Force? me? I have that power?..

Labour betrayed the Coastal towns and Torys have ignored them. Many community's and towns in some areas have been destroyed due to labour not building infrastructure to keep up with immigration. Is that the immigrants fault no?
But when your waiting weeks for doctor appointments and you have 12 hour hospital waits and yoru schools are failing I don't think people care whos fault it is they just want some dammed relief from the misery. If the two main parties had taken the issue seriously there would be no UKIP. But they haven't. And the more people dismiss these areas the more they will fill alienated and disfranchised and the more who will vote for "radical" parties.

Can you honestly remember a time when you didn't have to wait for hours in A+E?

I'm not supporting any party, just pointing out how disgusting UKIP is.

Sure you can build more schools and hospitals ect but that takes money and time as schools and hospitals don't come out of thin air. IF we started that now it would still take 5-10 years for them to built and that IF they somehow found the cash to go on a school and hospital spending binge.
People don't want to wait 5-10 years for relief let alone the more likely 10-20 years. They want relief NOW.

And the solution is the people I quoted?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I vote on published policy, not rabid emotion based on a few crazies who are kicked out each year by every party - but swiftly by UKIP I may add.

The concentration of crazies in the party wanting to discriminate on nationality is......unsurprising. And yes you've made it clear you only care about immigration policies and ignore the character of the party. You're not alone but I think you're in the minority in that line of thinking.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I'm not supporting any party, just pointing out how disgusting UKIP is.

Why is the party disgusting to you exactly?
Because of a few bad apples? Because you read it in a rabid anti UKIP blog?
Why exactly?

...and how are they 'more disgusting' than any other political party? You know, Tory and Labour aren't exactly parties of the people anymore, plenty of scandals in both of them, or do you only get cross with UKIP when they kick their bad apples out?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Force? me? I have that power?..

Dont be obtuse. Your not stupid you know what I mean.

If people are marginalized and feel disfranchised they will feel desperate and vote for what they feel they need too and who offers relief.

Can you honestly remember a time when you didn't have to wait for hours in A+E?

Since labour starting closing hospitals round here. And the waiting times have gone up and up.
Its gone from about 4 hours to 48 hours at its worst point.

Labour should have been opening more A&E's not closing them.

And the solution is the people I quoted?

No idea.

They have not got any record yet as they have not really had any MP's

What I do know is Labour and Conservatives have had a chance and #ed it up royally and thats all people in these areas will see.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Why is the party disgusting to you exactly?
Because of a few bad apples? Because you read it in a rabid anti UKIP blog?
Why exactly?

The fact you even feel the need to ask this question says everything....

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Nope, you have just come here with unreferenced quotes and your emotive opinion, nothing else.
Disgusting, vile, those are strong words and yet you say there is nothing in UKIP's policies which makes you come to that conclusion.
I am beginning to think you are just here to troll.
Pity, I prefer mature, reasoned debate, but hey, we'll both cast our votes as equals in 3 days.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Nope, you have just come here with unreferenced quotes and your emotive opinion, nothing else.

Are you claiming those quotes are illegitimate and false?.....wow

Disgusting, vile, those are strong words and yet you say there is nothing in UKIP's policies which makes you come to that conclusion.

Yes I did, read the thread....

I am beginning to think you are just here to troll.
Pity, I prefer mature, reasoned debate, but hey, we'll both cast our votes as equals in 3 days.

No you prefer strawmen arguments, make false accusations and to focus on immigration.

UKIP is a major step backwards in our development as a society and civilization. We'd no longer be Great Britain if such people were voted into power....

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join