It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I was labour because of my past, now i'm SNP for my Chidren and Grandchildren's future....
I was Lib-Dem because of my past, now I'm UKIP for my children and grandchildren's future.
You want independence from the UK, I want independence from the European Union.

It's pretty clear we both want change from the staus quo..i'm for the break up of the UK, we all need to stand on our own two feet like you did as a sixteen year old.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Agreed.
Curious though that so far in this thread I am not aware of anyone who has shown support for unrestricted EU immigration at the numbers we are currently running at, yet have problems with UKIP who are the only party with policies which can actually address it.

...I just spoke to my neighbour from Poland who has been here 10 years or so, he's voting UKIP because he thinks we can't sustain the numbers any longer. I wonder how many other hardworking EU nationals living longtime in the UK think the same now.

Thursday will be interesting for sure.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: DAZ21

...I just spoke to my neighbour from Poland who has been here 10 years or so, he's voting UKIP because he thinks we can't sustain the numbers any longer. I wonder how many other hardworking EU nationals living longtime in the UK think the same now.

Seriously...???? sorry but i have to laugh just a little...Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha......ahahahahahahaha.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

This country has a skill gap due to not training enough of its own youth.

There are many reasons why there is a skill gap in the UK - as you correctly state inadequate and unsuitable training are amongst the primary reasons.

However, I didn't really want to get into a lengthy debate on the subject and possibly derail this thread - but people should still be aware of this fact when considering immigration regulation.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I definitely agree with you there, and for what it's worth, I think an independent Scotland outside of the EU would be much stronger than a Scotland governed as a tiny region of the EU.
If we ever manage to get out of the EU and and you guys stay in it I would have genuine concerns for y'all.
Europe will still trade with you, we will still trade with you...neither of us need the EU for anything aside from trade as far as I see it.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I know, I chuckled as well!
...all sorts to make a world eh.
edit on 4.5.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
However, I didn't really want to get into a lengthy debate on the subject and possibly derail this thread - but people should still be aware of this fact when considering immigration regulation.

Feel free to explore that tangent fella, it is completely relevant in the wider scale of things.
I think we have all accepted that official UKIP policies are not racist now, so any extra discussion related to Thursdays election and our relationship with Europe, or how we balance immigration needs with training skill gaps in our economy is a debate worth having as far as I see it.

*Edit*
This is UKIP's stance on training/education at a glance:

Waive tuition fees for science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine (STEMM) subjects at university
That gets my vote for a start.
edit on 4.5.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
once we gain independence we will be governed by no-one...surely that's the purpose of independence..?

I was speaking to a older lady last week, 64, retired nurse, she says she likes what Nigel has to say on immigration and how we should stop all these Eastern Europeans coming here stealing our..Blah, Blah, Blah...Her name was cusack,,,aint that Polish i asked, Yeah, my Husband was born and bread in Poznan...WTF??????

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You'd be surprised the amount of immigrants that realise when it comes to immigration, we need to apply a little common sense. That's why there are quite a few that will be voting UKIP, because it's not racist, it's a common sense stance.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
One of the biggest skills UK workers don't have is the skill to work under minimum wage and not complain about it. a reply to: Freeborn I mean UK workers should be able to speak and write in English. If an immigrant can communicate better in English than a UK worker there really is a problem. It's all about squeezing the most out of your employees as you legally can with the threat of always being easily replaced always hanging over the worker. It's become a race to the bottom over wages, the destruction of unions is as much to blame as immigration. A strong union would ensure you can't undercut wages with cheap labour, ensuring everyone who works, no matter where you from is payed fairly

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

If you stay in the EU as we are presently governed though you will have the same problems with mass immigration as we have now.
If we in the rest of the UK manage to control immigration/leave the EU then you guys will suddenly become the land of milk and honey for Eastern Europe. You know that is so obviously true, and with no controls over who you can let in it is not something I would wish for Scotland.

Regarding that Polish woman though, she can see that uncontrolled immigration is not sustainable, and as you said she was a qualified nurse then I assume she would be welcomed with open arms even with a points based immigration system.

...my Polish neighbour, not so much though, he sticks frozen pasties into boxes at a factory for minimum wage, he's just bitching because the Romanians are 'stealing our jobs' now lol.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Top 10 reasons UKIP are an embarrassment to the UK:

1. David Silvester, who called homosexuality a "spiritual disease", said: "Since the passage of the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act, the nation has been beset by serious storms and floods. One recent one caused the worst flooding for 60 years. The Christmas floods were the worst for 127 years. Is this just global warming or is there something more serious at work?"

2. In an investigation led by the Sunday Mirror, Dr Julia Gasper said: "As for the links between homosexuality and paedophilia, there is so much evidence that even a full-length book could hardly do justice to the ­subject."

3. Speaking on the same issue, Ukip member Jan Zolyniak claimed: "The evidence is quite clear that the percentage of homosexuals who molest children is very high and cannot be dismissed."

4. Douglas Denny, of the Bognor Regis branch in West Sussex, said homosexuals have "leftie, neo-commie followers". He said: "I just wish they would keep their ­homosexual nature and practices to ­themselves and stop trying to ram it down my throat telling me they are 'normal' when they are not."

5. It wouldn't be a complete list without the wisecracking Godfrey Bloom. The Yorkshire and Humber MEP had the whip removed in September 2013, after a recording emerged of him joking that a group of Ukip women who did not clean behind their fridges were "sluts".

6. In August, Bloom came under fire after referring to countries that received government aid as "Bongo Bongo Land". He claimed that UK aid was being spent on fighter planes in Pakistan, as well as luxury sunglasses. He said: "How we can possibly be giving £1bn a month, when we're in this sort of debt, to Bongo Bongo Land is completely beyond me."

7. Stuart Agnew, Ukip MEP for the East of England, suggested that women lacked the ambition to succeed because children got in the way. Following the footsteps of Bloom, he argued: "If you look at the people who get degrees more, women get them and they are getting the jobs in the workplace but for various reasons they don't have the ambition to go right to the top because something gets in the way. It's called a baby."

8. Speaking on BBC Radio 4's The World At One in August, Stuart Wheeler, party treasurer, said women were "nowhere near as good as men" at chess, bridge and poker.

9. Nigel Farage, the Ukip leader said women with children were "worth less" than men in the financial sector. He claimed women with children were responsible for their own reduction in pay if they have children – because they take maternity leave and become less valuable to their businesses.

10. Farage also prioritised lower economic growth and a poorer Britain over an increase in migrants in the UK. "The social side of this matters more than pure market economics," he said.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

6 and 7 do have a point no matter how controversial the view is.

A lot of UK foreign aid is wasted and Women do choose to have a baby.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Do you have anything to discuss about the particular policies of UKIP?
I can find nut-job crazies in all political parties with a simple search, but this thread is about mature discussion of policies.
UKIP are the only party with policies which will be able to address the issue of 200,000+ extra people filling the UK up every year. The only party campaigning for a referendum, although slimy Cameron is indicating the same but he lied last time so I rely on the vote for UKIP to force his hand.

Please, sensible debate, not quotes without comment, or start your own thread for such tabloidesque discussion, that is always an option open to you.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Yeah producing tax payers for the future? who needs that right? so lets treat them as lessers....and if you really cant see a problem with a politician ignorantly referring to another country as 'Bongo Bongo Land' then UKIP is the party for you!...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: crazyewok

Yeah producing tax payers for the future? who needs that right? so lets treat them as lessers....and if you really cant see a problem with a politician ignorantly referring to another country as 'Bongo Bongo Land' then UKIP is the party for you!...
Matey who said 'bongo bongo land' was sacked by UKIP in a heartbeat, much quicker than I see other parties are when they get rid of their bad apples.
Plebgate, Jack Straw cash for questions, need I go on, there are pricks in all political parties, and UKIP deal swiftly with theirs.

...now do you have anything to say about UKIP's published policies or are you just gonna drag isolated crazies up in an attempt at discrediting an entire national political party?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Yep people generally are nuts, but the nuts UKIP has collected are particularly vile. If that's ok with you and you're zealous enough to ignore all of that then so be it. I'm not here to convince anyone, especially those who would vote for such a party no matter what, i'm just pointing out what kind of character UKIP has.....and that cannot be denied.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Actually I wont be voting for them as they are not suitable for my area.

And no did not say we don't need babies or women were lesser, I am saying if someone wants to take 2 years or so out of work for what ever reason you can reasonable except a slight delay in ones career. I had to take 18 months out of work for ill health and I am paid slightly less as a result and I did not get to choose that, a women chooses to have a baby and I think it highly unfair they get a boost up above me when they willingly take the same time out of work I had to.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

So do you support EU immigration swelling the UK population by over 200,000 people each year?
Like it or not UKIP unfortunately are the only party with policies which can actually address this.
It is why I am voting for them. I want that referendum and voting UKIP is the ONLY way to get it.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That's how we reproduce! Good grief...

If we penalize women for doing that then our population will need even more immigrants and defeat their major talking point.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join