It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: nonspecific
If UKIP do fluke a victory I will most Likely move to Italy while I still can though, It's not all bad in the EU.
Haha, it'll never happen, but if millions of us do vote for them then we will be a baby step closer to that referendum.

I like the EU as well, just don't want to be governed by it.

I am almost tempted now, as you say with enough votes it could force one of the big 2 have to offer a referendum at the following election to gain enough votes to secure a majority.

A risky gambit but one that could prove effective.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

a reply to: Soloprotocol

Solo, can I ask why you care?
You are voting SNP and want independence from the UK followed by Scottish intergration into the EU.
It looks likely you'll get it so the Scottish vote is frankly irrelevant here.

I want independence from the EU for my nation, and if you get independence from us wtf has an independent UK got to do with you.
You just trolling as usual, or got any reasoned points to add here?

Can i ask you why you brought the SNP and Scotland into a UKIP debate ?...ps, sorry, it wasn't you... it was some other dick who's abandoned his roots and country for monetary gain. why not the Dragon mate.?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I am firmly in favour of a referendum on the EU and agree that immigration is a concern but do not personally feel that this alone is a justifcation to vote for a relativley new party with internal issues.

I don't want a UKIP government and don't believe for a second they will ever be at a stage to form one.
They are the only party standing firmly for that referendum on EU membership, and if many millions of us vote for them this week we are more likely to get it.
That is why UKIP have my vote, that alone.

You would be surprised at how many 'closet' UKIP voters there are, I am.

I think its due mainly to the 'racist slur' which the other parties and media

are putting about.

Its very much like the Scots who voted NO to the recent independence vote

they kept silent while all the furore was going on, and then quietly voted NO

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
why not the Dragon mate.?
I 'ran away' as a 16 year old to England over a quarter of a century ago.
Slept rough for 6 months, rebuilt my life, went to Uni at Plymouth, married an English girl, kids born and raised in England blah, I have assimilated into life here in this part of England which is just as ignored by Westminster as the North of England is.

The only links I have to Wales are my family and friends still living there, but curiously everyone I'm in touch with back home is also voting UKIP. My mother was criticising Plaid Cymru only the other day for wanting to employ an extra 1000 Welsh language teachers, with all the underfunding in NHS Wales caused by the Labour administration currently in power at the Assembly, priorities much? lol.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Agreed.
I'm hoping for a massive shock when the votes are counted this week, I'm really hoping for it.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Do none of you wonder about the media narrative re. UKIP?

By nature, some supporters of major parties are nutters.
Though when you look at the news in print, online or on telly, the mainstream outlets ignore to a large extent the worst excesses of the others, but dredge up something unsavoury said by someone who was kicked out of Ukip ages ago.

I do think there's an agenda to try and turn people away from a fundamentally decent alternative to the 2 and a half party state that's failed us all for generations.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I think there are all sorts of agendas at play when it comes to MSM and politics.
How about The Scottish Sun newspaper backing the SNP, while the Sun south of the border is backing the Conservatives. Rupert Murdoch owns both papers.
The Express owner just gave £1 million to UKIP, The Mirror support Labour as always.

So while I agree to an extent that it appears there is a lot of unfairly negative reporting about UKIP, after a quick search I've just found recent stories about isolated crazies from all 4 main national parties. I won't bother posting them here though as they are just that...isolated crazies, not worth worrying about.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

why not the Dragon mate.?
I 'ran away' as a 16 year old to England over a quarter of a century ago.
Slept rough for 6 months, rebuilt my life, went to Uni at Plymouth, married an English girl, kids born and raised in England blah, I have assimilated into life here in this part of England which is just as ignored by Westminster as the North of England is.

The only links I have to Wales are my family and friends still living there, but curiously everyone I'm in touch with back home is also voting UKIP. My mother was criticising Plaid Cymru only the other day for wanting to employ an extra 1000 Welsh language teachers, with all the underfunding in NHS Wales caused by the Labour administration currently in power at the Assembly, priorities much? lol.

Wales has bigger #holes than Scotland, forgotten by Westminster...ye wonder why we need a change...UKIP is not the answer. but i can see why as that's the only option for the people of England...quite sad really.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Well UKIP are peddling their message quite well in Wales from what my family tell me.
Hints at reintroduction of mining the vast reserves of coal still under the ground, supporting further tax raising powers for Wales, campaigning against the 'bedroom tax', increasing funding for the devolved NHS, yep I can see why they are an attractive option.
Especially when you consider how badly the Labour controlled Welsh Assembly has managed it's budget, yep free prescriptions for all regardless of income, but cutting the budget of NHS Wales to fund it.

I struggle to see the massive Labour vote in the South being damaged too much though, I know so many zombies who just vote Labour because their father did, and their fathers father did...it's almost like a cult-religion, but hey, doesn't affect me in England, unless of course those Welsh Labour MP's vote on solely English issues.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I was labour because of my past, now i'm SNP for my Chidren and Grandchildren's future....

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
As I posted on another thread:

The reason they may win a few seats in coastal areas is this:

Its because Labour betrayed them and the Torys have ignored them, they want a voice.

Labeling these people racists and dismissing there concerns just pushes them further into UKIP's camp. Unchecked immigration has literally destroyed some of these towns as Labour did not bother to upgrade the infrastructure to keep in line with the increased population and the Torys have ignored the issue due to them having # all money. Its resulted in alot of desperate and bitter people.

But that not everywhere. I live in Tory heart land in the south and were UKIP has its most chance and I don't see them winning more than a half a dozen seats maybe a dozen if lucky. And you know what? If it gives people on the coast a voice then more power to them.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It would be a pretty bad political move to put racism in a manifesto and there have been quite a few past incidents where MPs have made racist remarks. Granted these MPs are usually dismissed but it is curious that a relatively small party attracts a lot of racists and bigots. This might just be a slur on Nigel Farage's taste in candidates, but then his own school teachers accused him of being a fascist and racist as well.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I was labour because of my past, now i'm SNP for my Chidren and Grandchildren's future....
I was Lib-Dem because of my past, now I'm UKIP for my children and grandchildren's future.
You want independence from the UK, I want independence from the European Union.

We are both voting with the best intentions for our respective nations, misguided or not only time will tell, but if we do leave the EU, expect that flood of economic migrants from Eastern Europe to start rocking up in Scotland when we have control over our borders again.

200,000+ (net) increase in the population every year is NOT sustainable for any nation. That is clear.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: twfau

They are the only national party campaigning for that referendum on EU membership and control of EU immigration. If you support an uncontrolled 200,000+ net increase in our population each year from Eastern Europe then so be it, but I don't, so UKIP have my vote as the only option for change.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I live in Tory heart land in the south and were UKIP has its most chance and I don't see them winning more than a half a dozen seats maybe a dozen if lucky. And you know what? If it gives people on the coast a voice then more power to them.
That is exactly how I feel, and if the votes on Thursday number in the many millions for UKIP then we will be a step closer to serious debate and a referendum on EU membership. Something none of us have had a vote on since we have sleepwalked into the union through treaties by governments of the day.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I live in Tory heart land in the south and were UKIP has its most chance and I don't see them winning more than a half a dozen seats maybe a dozen if lucky. And you know what? If it gives people on the coast a voice then more power to them.
That is exactly how I feel, and if the votes on Thursday number in the many millions for UKIP then we will be a step closer to serious debate and a referendum on EU membership. Something none of us have had a vote on since we have sleepwalked into the union through treaties by governments of the day.

I wasn't even born when we had the last EU referendum.

I want my say.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Based on what I've heard personally and what I've seen on major MSM sites, I'm fairly confident of a very large UKIP Vote turn out.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I was still in nappies (diapers, for our US friends) when the UK last had any vote on our trading arrangement with Europe.
Nobody voted to be governed by the EU, and nobody voted for mass immigration of unskilled workers from Eastern Europe.
It really is time for change, and I hope Thursday will be a massive political shock forcing the hand of the other national parties.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

My gut instinct is the same as well, certainly my hopes at the very least.
Bookies are not thinking the same in my area though around 12 or 15/1 for a UKIP MP here...I may stick 2 quid on though, if only to make waiting for the count that little bit more exciting.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Well if we want change, we have to try...

If we just give in and vote for the same old, that's all we'll ever get.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join