It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Just catching up on this thread....had to comment on this;

I'd understand, but the fact that if a Scot walked round in England they'd be welcomed. I'm sure if they heard my accent up there, I'd have my head kicked in.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't unless you were going round acting like a complete dick, in which case you'd definitely get a good kicking where I live and also probably everywhere else in the UK.

I spend a little bit of time in Scotland, mainly Glasgow and occasionally in Edinburgh.
Of course I've encountered a few anti-English people and had one or two 'situations' but the vast majority of Scots are very accommodating, helpful, respectful and bloody good company - and part of that is having a bit of craic etc - I wouldn't have it any other way.

But do you really think Scots in rUK get a universal welcome?
I've seen and heard them receive just as much aggression and bigotry all over the UK.

Dickheads are dickheads regardless of nationality etc and unfortunately there seems to be an increasing number of them throughout the whole of the UK.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Like Norway, as they keep stating.

If I remember correctly, during the independence debate Norway was constantly referred to by the Yes campaigners as an example of how an independent Scotland could achieve prosperity.

Now people are using Norway as an example of how European countries can achieve prosperity free from the shackles of EU control and many of those self same Yes campaigners do not accept Norway being referenced in such a fashion.

Now I'm slightly confused - is Norway a shining example of how small, independent European countries can prosper without being a member of the EU or not?
Can't have it both ways, can we?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
once again, The SNP and Scotland dominates all political threads...Scared much?..lol
edit on 4-5-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

UKIP as an idea may not be racist.

However their supporters tend to come from far right ideaologies (ex BNP, National Front, EDL etc) and the party has aligned itself in Europe with some of the worst examples of facist parties.

Add to that the fact that they do have a habit of selecting candidates who can't seem to manage to keep their mouths shut and usually end up getting expelled from the party for saying things that are distasteful and/or racist - indicating that the "grass roots" UKIP supporter might have a bit more of a sociaetal problem than french farming quota's etc.

Now, as as been noted above, every party has its fair share of idiots, and it may just be that UKIP has been very unlucky.

Of couse, what people forget is that UKIP MEP's take the money, and claim expenses for being an MEP - I don't see any of them giving that back (but of course, they aren't from the political class) - which does make me wonder how that stacks up with their anti-EU rhetoric. Maybe I'm more principled?

Regardless of the EU thing, during times of financial depression parties like this crop up, because its easier to blame someone else than mark our own failings.

Did immigrants cause the banks to go pop? Nope.
Did immigrants cause the UK to spend a fortune on Iraq and Afghanistan? Nope.
Did immigrants cause the UK to lose a huge chunk of its industrial and manufacturing base? Nope.

The people who did all of that are right here, in the UK, and most of them are earning a bucket load of cash out of it, while complaining about the 3% of government spending that is paid in social security benefits, awarding contracts to arms companies to build aircraft carriers and nuclear subs, sitting around in paid quango's, healthcare trusts and arguing about school standards and a transport system that is screwed, after intriducing battery schooling by insisting on a national curriculum and also insisting that people should be able to take their kids to a school 15 miles away from their house instead of walking them to the one round the corner.

All the time, of course, they roll out the old chestnut and talk about the NHS (which would be knackered without the influx of - wait for it - foreign nurses and doctors who we invited here in the first place) and pretending that they actually care.

See, the problem with UK politics isn't Immigrants. It isn't the EU.

The problem is us.

Its us because we vote to tradition. We vote to class. We vote to protest.

We never actually vote to sort things out.

Sorry, I've rambled. What the UK (and I dare say it, other countries) need is some clear thinking outside fo the bull# that we all accept as "politics".

What we don't need is a cheap and cheerful right wing party.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Does importing 200k + people every year keep wages down?
Mean that school places are oversubscribed?
Increase demand for housing, driving up prices and rents?
Increase the demand for health care?
Increase demands on welfare, tax credits child support etc?

The answer is obvious and it's not racist to acknowledge it.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
All the time, of course, they roll out the old chestnut and talk about the NHS (which would be knackered without the influx of - wait for it - foreign nurses and doctors who we invited here in the first place) and pretending that they actually care.

UKIP has never said the UK does not want immigrants which the country actually needs. What point are you trying to make?
Australia, Canada, New Zealand etc all have strictly controlled immigration policies and still offer work permits to nurses, doctors and the like. I want the same system for the UK and UKIP is the only party supporting such a position.

The main issue on immigration is simply the 200,000+ EU migrants who swell our population each year. You know, those who have no skills to offer the UK yet receive our benefits, compete with British nationals for unskilled work, and draw on our services such as schools and hospitals.

Again I ask, what is so shocking about wishing for an immigration policy which is similar to every other country in the world outside of the EU?

UKIP are the only party campaigning for controls on EU immigration, and for a referendum on EU membership.
If you want to continue letting millions of people into the UK who we don't need, and treat the medical ailments of anyone in Europe who cannot get the same treatment in their home nation then by all means vote for anyone else except UKIP.

I want my vote on EU membership, and many millions of other folk in the UK feel the same. UKIP is the only vote which can reflect that wish.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
please please please vote UKIP...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Does importing 200k + people every year keep wages down?
Mean that school places are oversubscribed?
Increase demand for housing, driving up prices and rents?
Increase the demand for health care?
Increase demands on welfare, tax credits child support etc?

The answer is obvious and it's not racist to acknowledge it.
It is so obvious that it shocks me anyone can argue there is not a problem. A country of our size cannot sustain this mass immigration, ask any school how they're finding it with swelling class sizes and the costs of hiring translators who speak Polish/Czech/Romanian/Hungarian/Bulgarian/etc.

Ah, but just close our eyes and pretend that has nothing to do with 200,000+ people moving here every year.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
As part of the Op referred to the UKIP manifesto and some very good policies within it I would like to pop this link up for anyone interested.

It's not quite what you woul call a manifesto but on the same basis I would personally have to consider voting for them based on the policies put forward.

BNP manifesto 2015

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Solo, can I ask why you care?
You are voting SNP and want independence from the UK followed by Scottish intergration into the EU.
It looks likely you'll get it so the Scottish vote is frankly irrelevant here.

I want independence from the EU for my nation, and if you get independence from us wtf has an independent UK got to do with you.
You just trolling as usual, or got any reasoned points to add here?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Australia, Canada, New Zealand etc all have strictly controlled immigration policies and still offer work permits to nurses, doctors and the like. I want the same system for the UK and UKIP is the only party supporting such a position.

Ah no we don't.

Canadian immigration is like University admission. Prove you can pay to stay and you're in. It's actually easier to come here from Iran with 125 thousand dollars then it is to come here from the US as a minimum wage, white male worker.

Our government also provides near interest free loans to immigrants but not to it's own citizens a lot of the time, and not because they are better educated. IN fact, most doctors and engineers who come here are told they need to retrain, even if they've practiced for 30 years.

Our immigration policies suck, like most other places. But we aren't blaming our foreign born for our problems. The issue is us not wanting to solve our own problems, so we blame others.

Our own elected government is the problem and our own inability to come out of the Civil Apathy we've all adopted over the last 30 years.

~Tenth

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Link doesn't work for me, but if you want to support the BNP start your own thread fella.
I can see what you are trying to do and consider it rather childish and clumsy at best.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Ah, thanks for the information.
$125,000 doller 'entry fee' eh?
Yep I could live with similar for the UK, that would probably stop 99% of all EU immigration which we have right now.

Anything which stops the UK growing by 200,000+ EU nationals per year is something I support.
But see the thing is, if the UK demanded a $125,000 entry fee people would call that racist as well.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Link doesn't work for me, but if you want to support the BNP start your own thread fella.
I can see what you are trying to do and consider it rather childish and clumsy at best.

It's a PDF, works on both my PC and laptop so you may need an update.

Not intended to derail or be childish, simply to show that all political parties have ideals that any voter can relate to.

I am not saying that I will vote BNP but if as you suggested I read the UKIP manifesto and gave them a fair chance which I did I thought I might as well look at other options with an open mind.

The BNP are also thought of as racist and xenophobic but a lot of there policies make sense even to me and I'm as hippy as they come.

I think I agree with around 60% of UKIP's policies and around the same for the BNP.

edit on 4/5/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

So, again ignoring the BNP, which of the 40% of UKIP policies do you disagree with?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

A £125,000 entry fee would prevent many of the genuine, hard working, well intentioned immigrants coming in to the country and covering the skill gap that this country apparently has.

Perhaps along with a merit based points immigration system we also need to ask just why the 5th / 6th most wealthiest country in the world has such a skill shortage in so many key areas?

But I guess that may be a question for another thread?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

So, again ignoring the BNP, which of the 40% of UKIP policies do you disagree with?

Mostly there enviromental policies but I also disagree with some of there economic policies.

I am firmly in favour of a referendum on the EU and agree that immigration is a concern but do not personally feel that this alone is a justifcation to vote for a relativley new party with internal issues.

It almost feels to me like a step back as opposed to a step forwards, this does not mean that I will not reconsider in the future if I see an improvement.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Nope, that is a valid point, and it is clear that our nation needs to invest much more in training our young people to fill our skills gap.
Certainly while we neglect such investment, and continue to plug the gap with immigrants, we will get no closer to solving the situation, while at the same time contributing to the 'brain drain' from poorer nations.

Mass immigration on the scale it is does not help the UK, or the EU nations who are losing their skilled people - see the loss of doctors in Romania, it is a massive problem for them.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

You'd think that's ok, but it's not.

It leads to a huge influx of wealthy immigrants, who are usually more interested in influencing local, provincial and Federal policy to reflect their values, as opposed to Canadians. Where as generally speaking, immigrants that come from similar backgrounds as your average Canadian ( generally somewhat middle class) are more interested in adopting Canadian views and ways of life.

It's VERY bad policy to start picking and choosing your immigrants JUST on things like wealth, class and education.

~Tenth

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I am firmly in favour of a referendum on the EU and agree that immigration is a concern but do not personally feel that this alone is a justifcation to vote for a relativley new party with internal issues.

I don't want a UKIP government and don't believe for a second they will ever be at a stage to form one.
They are the only party standing firmly for that referendum on EU membership, and if many millions of us vote for them this week we are more likely to get it.
That is why UKIP have my vote, that alone.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join