It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Independence Party is NOT racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I see a lot of folk crying 'racist' or 'xenophobic' on ATS about the United Kingdom independent Party (UKIP) so I thought it would be helpful to share a link to view their election manifesto, as well as the independent economic review of their policy proposals:
UKIP Manifesto 2015

There is much we can debate from this easily accessed link, but please, let's just stick to the official manifesto and not MSM twisted/spun headlines.
There will of course be members who will cry about Farrage saying in the recent leader debates that he is against non-UK citizens getting free AIDS treatment drugs off the NHS, and that is somehow something bad, but if you have any criticism of UKIP's policy then please do express it with a thought for how other non-EU nations treat the same issues for Brits. A British citizen rocking up in a hospital in Ottawa asking for AIDS treatment drugs for free will be quickly told where to go. Does that make the Canadian government racist?

Are Canada or the US racist because they do not offer free treatment to UK citizens who have expensive life threatening diseases?
Of course not.

I have never had a vote to be governed by the EU or not. We sleepwalked into union via treaties decided by the governments of the day since the early 1970's. I want that vote.
It is not a racist or xenophobic position to hold...unless you consider the US/Canada/Australia/New Zealand immigration rules about only choosing people they need as racist and xenophobic?

I want a trading relationship with Europe, and UKIP is the only party who shares the same stance. It is not a racist stance, stop the hyperbole please people.

Kind regards,

GoS.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I regard UKIP as a party that was going to happen sooner or later. People of the UK want a better voice, and if we are all being honest those of UK ancestry are expressing feelings of being 'put out' by immigration and certain policies so the fact it exists is a natural progression and for that I am glad that it does.

However, my opinion is that, as with most politicians, I see Farage as a bit of a pastiche, a cartoon character and can't take him all that seriously. I also think leaving the EU under it's current legislation isn't a constructive theory for the economy and there is a lot to prosper, as many businesses in the UK show with their immediate ties to EU funding and policy, from being part of a greater collective, which is the way all nations are heading so isolation isn't perhaps a good strategy. Additionally, some of the policies I think aren't great.

All that said, I do not consider UKIP as racist but realise it might attract a certain contingent.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Every vote for UKIP is a vote that forces slimy Cameron to stick to his intention to hold a referendum on Europe.
I want that referendum.
I do not want a UKIP government.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I would like EU renegotiation from all partners to establish a fairer system as the current system is difficult in many ways to live with, difficult to leave without incurring penalties and difficult to not be a part of with regards to trade and tied security policies.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I see a lot of folk crying 'racist' or 'xenophobic' on ATS about the United Kingdom independent Party (UKIP) so I thought it would be helpful to share a link to view their election manifesto, as well as the independent economic review of their policy proposals:
UKIP Manifesto 2015

There is much we can debate from this easily accessed link, but please, let's just stick to the official manifesto and not MSM twisted/spun headlines.
There will of course be members who will cry about Farrage saying in the recent leader debates that he is against non-UK citizens getting free AIDS treatment drugs off the NHS, and that is somehow something bad, but if you have any criticism of UKIP's policy then please do express it with a thought for how other non-EU nations treat the same issues for Brits. A British citizen rocking up in a hospital in Ottawa asking for AIDS treatment drugs for free will be quickly told where to go. Does that make the Canadian government racist?

Are Canada or the US racist because they do not offer free treatment to UK citizens who have expensive life threatening diseases?
Of course not.

I have never had a vote to be governed by the EU or not. We sleepwalked into union via treaties decided by the governments of the day since the early 1970's. I want that vote.
It is not a racist or xenophobic position to hold...unless you consider the US/Canada/Australia/New Zealand immigration rules about only choosing people they need as racist and xenophobic?

I want a trading relationship with Europe, and UKIP is the only party who shares the same stance. It is not a racist stance, stop the hyperbole please people.

Kind regards,

GoS.

Is that a manifesto? I will be honest that looks like a vauge but patriotic shim sham to me. As someone that was all for Farage when he defied Europe but now as a nemisis and bigot I struggle to see what this will do to change my opinion.

I have read this 4 times now and I still do not get what should convince me? I await more.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

They are xenophobic , they don't like johnny foreigner and they want Britain to but up the barriers , I'm not in favour of open doors but Ukip are obsessed , without Farage herding the cats they're just a group of nutters off for a jolly.

A vote for Ukip is a vote wasted.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

My renegotiation would be advocating free trade, and movement of people where it suits the UK.
Just the same as Australia, US, Canada, New Zealand, Thailand, Bermuda... and basically the same as every other country which is not in the EU.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Leaving the EU would be a complete disaster in my opinion. We simply don't have the core production industries to lose the benefits we get with the trade agreements we have in place. Right now, the last thing I want to see is an isolated UK. Or do you think that walking away unilaterally would mean that we would maintain the benefits we have now? Really? They would break those treaties and agreements in a heartbeat.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I call BS. No way you have read that 76 page pdf four times, I don't believe you.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
A vote for Ukip is a vote wasted.
Nope, it is a vote which indicates the voter supports the calls for a referendum on membership of the EU.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Germans will still want to sell us their BMW's and Merc's.
Why do you fear a trading relationship similar to other non-EU countries have with the EU?
Perhaps share some published studies and maybe you can educate me, or are your thoughts just based on personal opinion?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Constructive immigration strategy such as that of Australia etc is certainly the way forward IMO.

As for trade, it's complex and there is lots of UK business that depend on it, preferential trade matters to a lot of UK business in addition to funding so it would take a lot of negotiation to get any level of acceptable compromise and as has been seen before they aren't exactly progressive on their 'members have a say' ideology regarding such policies and penalties for non conforming or leaving.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
How can people still stand there and call Farage a bigot

it's laughable, and to be honest I believe the people that say such are beyond help. The media and establishment have succeeded in their propaganda.

These are the type of people that vote for Labour and then complain that they aren't being listened to.

UKIP are pro immigration for God's sake, I'll say it for the last time. They want positive immigration, not an immigration free for all, which doesn't help anyone.

You want change? well here it is, now people complain, because the establishment tells them it's bad for them.

Think for yourselves people! read the manifesto, and tell me there's anything racist about it at all.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think the racism has more to do with the support they seem to be gathering and the occurrences that have happened to some people running for positions in the party. They are considered a far right party.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Being in the U.S. I know little about the "party stance" but have seen many youtube videos of Nigel Farage.

From what I have seen, he has very strong points and tells it like it is. I don't think people want to hear the truth when it is told

I truly wish we had politicians in the U.S. who would have the backbone to actually take stands like this.
edit on 1-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

Constructive immigration strategy such as that of Australia etc is certainly the way forward IMO.

That is all I want, and the only party supporting such a situation is UKIP.
As I said, I don't want a UKIP government, I just want controlled immigration from Europe.
No other party supports that, and I think the UK growing in population by 200,000+ each year from unskilled Eastern European citizens is a situation I do not support.
UKIP is the only party which agrees with me.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Jonjonj

Germans will still want to sell us their BMW's and Merc's.
Why do you fear a trading relationship similar to other non-EU countries have with the EU?
Perhaps share some published studies and maybe you can educate me, or are your thoughts just based on personal opinion?

I don't think I need to show a study to demonstrate common sense. I don't care about BMWs and Mercs. I care about the change in the massive amount of importation and exportation that flows through our borders.
The prices we pay and are paid are set within the framework we have spent 40 + years working on. And you want to piss it all away because you didn't get a vote? Tell you what, let's see how happy and smiling you are IF we did leave Europe.

Using the immigration policy as the MAIN reason for a vote that will have enormous everyday economic implications is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. And the baby is our economic future.

edit on 1-5-2015 by Jonjonj because: added a comment

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

You want change? well here it is, now people complain, because the establishment tells them it's bad for them.

Change ?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Im Voting UKIP, being part of the EU destroyed my towns economy. EU fishing quota's turned a thriving fishing town into a run down # tip.
UKIP is the only chance of getting my towns economy back.
The other parties listen to the banks, and international companies, the normal people of the UK dont matter.
edit on 1-5-2015 by rick2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Fair point, it's late.

I missed the link to the actual manifesto and just read the intro by the idiot Farage.

My bad, I will still not read it though altough will skim it to find out what I already know.

The overall attitude is maybe correct but too right wing for my personal view point to contemplate.

Immigration is not something that should determine a goverment in my opinion.

He Is a fat cat buffon and his representetives are also.

Personal opinions and all.

I'm off to vote green party just to bulk the numbers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join