It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura's Guide to Knowing Your Terrorists

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There are so many terrorist groups out there it’s hard to keep track of them all. In this episode of Off the Grid, I'm breaking down three of the most notorious terrorist organizations out there—Al-Qaeda, ISIS, & Boko Haram.

Do you think the U.S. accidentally created a monster when meddling in the Middle East? I want to hear your thoughts.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

yeah, i'll be the one to say it, you forgot those nasty 2nd amendment vets the government keeps telling us about.

/sarcasm off

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity do you consider the Islamic Jihad Organization that blew up the Marines in Beirut a terrorist Organization?

edit on 1-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Just out of curiosity what do you consider the Islamic Jihad Organization that blew up the Marines in Beirut a terrorist Organization?

Iranian backed terrorist scum? I think he just covered the Saudi backed scum today

Our biggest mistake is not just being there but letting it INTO our own countries.

Any "person" who believes in migrating to another country and changing that country by force (Jihad, Sharia, Communism, Fascism, whatever) to become the $hithole they just left needs to be deported immediately.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.

But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American ... There can be no divided allegiance here.

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.

We have room for but one flag, the American flag ... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language ... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

edit on 1-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I agree, my definition of a terrorist is a lot simpler. I think any organization that goes out of its way to directly target civilians is a terrorist organization.

I was looking forward to reply from JV. In the case I mentioned for the actions described I do not consider the Islamic Jihad organization a terrorist in that attack because they targeted soldiers.
edit on 1-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I have studied These groups for many years . In Islam they have a name for them they are called "Khuaraij", Meaning the ones who went out , as in did things outside the teachings of Islam. Such as ,suicide, killing innocent people, etc ,All the bad things you see them do today . These groups have been around since the Time of Muhammad and became even bigger after him ,In fact they are responsible for the Shia /sunnie divide,For they are the ones who kill Ali thus contributing to the divide. Now when I say "They" I mean the khuaraij the ones whom extreme in Ideology .The Ideology stems from political agenda and religious bid'ah (innovation of scripture ) , they twist and essentially rewrite scripture that fits any agenda they might have.

Now In my studies i have noted along with other Scholars that these groups arise in times of war and civil conflict , you see in Islam one can't just go out and declare "Jihad" ,there are rules one must adhere to , But these groups obviously do not adhere to them . When leaders refues to "stand up" the KKhuaraij claim to do so in their stead ,thus calling Islamic leaders traders and declaring war on them and any other Muslim who stands with them , etc this is called Takfiri .

Where were these groups 60 - 70 years ago ?

It's not until war and civil strife start do these groups arise ,this has been the pattern through out history .
So To answer your question , Yes the US and other county played a roll in the rise of these groups .

I would love to write more but I am on my break at work on my phone .

Hope this helps !

Kap
edit on 1-5-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You left out "anybody, at any time, anywhere, for any reason, because the government said so."

Just throwing that out there. You can throw it on back if you don't care for it

edit on 1-5-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Any "person" who believes in migrating to another country and changing that country by force (Jihad, Sharia, Communism, Fascism, whatever) to become the $hithole they just left needs to be deported immediately.

Any "civilised country" who believes in invading another nation and changing that country by force (capitalism, liberation, freedom) to become the s#hole they represent need to be brought to The Hague immediately.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

I have studied These groups for many years . In Islam they have a name for them they are called "Khuaraij" Meaning the ones who went out , as in did things outside the teachings of Islam. Such as ,sucide, killing innocent people, etc . All the bad things you see them do today . These groups have been around since the Time of Muhammad and became eveb bigger after . In fact they are responsible for the Shia /sunnie divie. For they are the ones who kill Ali thus contributing to the devide. Now when I say "They" the Khuaraij are the ones with extremist Ideology . the Ideology stems from political agenda and religious bid'ah (innovation of scripture ) . So the twist and essentially rewrite scripture that fits any agenda they might have.

Now In my studies i have noted along with other Scholars that these groups arise in times of war and civil conflict . you see in Islan one can't just go out and declare "Jihad" ,their are rules one must adhear to . But these groups obviously do not adhere to them . When leaders refues to "stand up" the KKhuaraij claim to do so in their sted thus calling Islamic leaders traders etc this is called Takfiri .

Where were these groups 60 - 70 years ago ?

It was not until war and. civil strife started in the areas causing a rise in the Kguaraij ideology.

So To answer your question , Yes the US and other county played a roll in the rise of these groups .

I would love to write more but I am on my break at work on my phone .

Hope this helps !

Kap

I think you are spot on! Most of the problems started with our withdraw from Iraq and encouraging the "Arab Spring." We left a vacuum that was filled with ISIS.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.
Try and put that into a Native American (Turtle Island ) context and see how it works .

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Not sure if leaving them alone when all this started was the best to do. Don't you think they would be way bigger and more dangerous now?

Don't you think the situation was like "we'll invade them before they invade us"?

Of course they wouldn't invade us with an army, but with a "culture" and forcing to change our style in a way we don't want.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Best terrorists are American Terrorists.

Dear.

Tourists, Terrorists... Difference?

Dear.

edit on 1-5-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
In my opinion the "Monster" is in North America, fair answer since you asked.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Its all created nonesense. Look at it like this, I used to work at the airport, they have so many rules and regulations to get across the NSA line, but lets just say, not to get to into it, all the stupid tests and psycho bable they created checks and balances and new instituations. Well if there was any group out there who were even remotely funded in fact it could just be a group of 5 guys, and were actually serious about any sort of attack? Well it is far from all that hard to attack anybody through the airport. # you can literally go in there shoot up the place, slap the guards around and hijack any plane you wanted.

So ya! At first it was basically just play pretend they created the whole thing, a boogieman and goat herders in the middle of nowhere were the prime target because well they were exactly not that. A none threat, it would be like mike tyson afraid of a 5 yr old its basically a none threat. But now with all the help they have gotten in getting all these groups together. What was once nothing, now is a small movement, in time it will eventually grow to be something. So really the only thing the CIA and our government has done is help bring together all the various groups who if they did not get involved in the first place would have never even known the others exist and could not sit at the same table as eachother because of various tribal differences, but now? Well they have learned the art of business.

So basically there were no real terrorists once, but a bunch of disqruntaled crazies who were in no way organised or even had the funding to do a quarter of the things they dreamed of, at most a few crazy people who wanted to get back at the great Satan ie America mostly a few extreme mostly lost and confused teenagers. But now they are an armed, cash and carry and well supported groups by various nations who are growing have a purpose and may eventually soon even have there own nation, and eventually there own army. Basically what I am saying is. Those goat headers you all were so afraid of, well in time there may actually be something to worry about at some point and we have helped greatly in bringing them all together even arming them and training them and forming them into various concentrated groups.

But you know. War is a business. Lets just say I could see a hundred ways were this thing can go wrong. What even now they are at the beginnings of economic war with Russia and China. Now whats what happens when those groups get it in there heads to help support and fund those very same groups and peoples against the US? Before they were just there for the resources under ground, but now, they may be a legitimate way to create more proxy wars, using the very tools the CIA and the US have created.

And so on it goes. One day there may actually be an actual real terrorist attack. And lets just say, it will not be that hard to achieve. # you could drop of a team of 20 people to Mexico and they could walk across the boarder. But why do that when there are so many more easier routes.

What started as nonsense will one day become a reality. So no they have not created a monster, they have merely helped and abated in helping the various crazies in the middle east in becoming a more highly efficient and more concentrated group of people, who one day in generations to come may actually become the main power by way of force or coercion and they even learned the magic of propaganda now as well in the middle east. One day they may have the resources, time, and everything else required, to actually do all those things that they say.

But if anything the whole death to America is just a rally cry to get more supporters and help them grow and cement there place in the middle east. They are now way a threat even now but mainly as supporters of various groups which help them get power. So, in reality, they dont care about America, they are basically cementing power in there back yard till one day they become a power and nation to deal with. And they to just want to become more rich. Its more about that then all the other bull# lingo, its also why every other nation is in the middle east....$$$$

If war is a business then it has been booming for a long time. And they have just made sure that it will stay booming for a long time. After all its in there interest to do so. And I am not talking about any one country, because everybody is in on it, they just have different lingo and propaganda for it.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hey Jesse....don't forget Mossad and CIA.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I keeping thinking how one man's terrorist is probably another man's freedom fighter.
Just say'in

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I remember when the war happened I was gearing up to be deployed and a good buddy of mine in the army in psyops said something to this effect...."Don't worry man....all the soldiers will ditch their uniforms and blend in until the presence there is gone." He told me its better to be in the first wave than in the last waves. How prophetic that bastard was cause here we are now. You blow up a country and its infrastructure so they have nothing what do you expect young lost men to do. Thus ISIS is forming and sadly its becoming a "I hate the world fad" where young people are joining just cause they are angry at the world and looking for a sense of belonging. They have been brilliant in their recruiting strategy at times even being "hip".

Now imagine them as a mercenary group? Some country lets say finally backs them...or they take control of their own new country....lets say Iraq or Syria....where the government is completely ran by them. This could easily spread and unify the Middle East in a bad way for civilians. Kind of like some of the cartels in Central America. That is a fight that will take decades to end..and so will ISIS.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I was wayyyy off

Seriously though, while I do think the US has a responsibility for a lot of it, they aren't to blame for all of the issues of the ME. That place has been at war for thousands of years, the US is only about 250 years old...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I live in Dearborn Michigan....looking every which way all around...full black dressed "women"(are they really?) with only eyes showing....who knows? They could be male with bombs strapped or guns-who would know? Im worried about next door...God help the Middle East.

You cant tell the good guys from the bad. Homeland Security says there are cells in my city, and I believe it. Lots of angry middle easterners here...(not all-many very nice)...but the young ones are scary.

Im hoping I don't live long enough to see TSHTF....but Im afraid its just about here.

Hey Jesse? Thank you for fighting the good fight. Youre one of the good guys!!! Peace
Mysterioustranger

edit on 1-5-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You forgot the 4th

The American government

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join