It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crucible: World Championship Snooker. I know what I will be doing this weekend...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
.... but if you don't like snooker... what would you rather be doing than to be forced to watch the semi's and the grand final?

I love snooker but I do realise it is a bit marmite.

I am just wishing I had a teas maid in my bedroom so I could just stay in my pyjamas and not move when watching the snooker... No Wait!! I have a NonSpecific!! Hehe!

But if it's not your bag what would you rather do than be made to watch snooker?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

I swear if I click one more interesting thread only to find out it's you I will find myself another forum!

There I was thinking I could get into an interesting conversation but oh no, just a re run of the one we had earlier.

Kettles on, I'm off to find a topic your not interesed in.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Gee a tough one ....9 ball ..how about darts ... there is some very exciting Curling going on but I am torn between it and Hockey .Sydney had a great goal today with a penalty shot .Time to go feed the Squirrels and the Chipmunks if I can get them to stop fighting . :>)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I love snooker but will most probably take a weeks practice to down a ball after all the years. Unbelievable to watch the level the pro's are doing it.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Gee a tough one ....9 ball ..how about darts ... there is some very exciting Curling going on but I am torn between it and Hockey .Sydney had a great goal today with a penalty shot .Time to go feed the Squirrels and the Chipmunks if I can get them to stop fighting . :>)

Now I hate to say it but I like Darts. And as a child when the winter Olympics was on I used to get up and watch the GB team play curling. My mother would just shake her head saying 'I don't know where she gets it from?!'

NonSpecific has just explained 9 ball to me... Going to YouTube to find a game. It sounds fun to watch.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2

I got back into it with the Masters early this year, having watched it at my grandma's on sunday's throughout my childhood. Now I ahve become somewhat of a sofa snooker player.

We looked at the local clubs, and even have a Ronnie O'Sullivan cue we found in the cupboard when we moved in. But it's quite expensive, but knowing my skill level, value for money pound per hour!

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I took up the game at age 27 when I had a few hours layover on Prince Edward Island . I hauled the mail and there was a Legion less then a block away .I never got very good at it but did have a few 80+ point runs .never a century .It is amazing how good the masters are at the game but some of the most amazing shots I have seen were from less then professionals . I always found it a game to escape into and the sheer sound of the balls rolling and hitting each other was soothing .

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I did YouTube 9 ball and found myself watching USA Vs GB and saw Jimmy White and a drunk Alex Higgins giving the USA a spanking. The commentary was in Russian, but it was fun the watch the bemusement of the Americans when the English, who didn't really know how to play it was beating them.

I did have a pool table in my college common room, but it has been awhile. I can say that I have moments as brilliance but then they are rare. I need to practice. It's just quite expensive to go to a snooker hall to play.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Golf is much like snooker for me now a days in that I would sooner watch ten play .Both take a lot of practice and concentration . 9 ball is a shortened version with a more forgiving table .Plus it's easier to tip a few brews and chat it up at the same time .Dooley's pool room is the only place I know of where they have snooker tables now where I live .I watched the Ronnie O'Sullivan show on you-tube for the first time yesterday .He has a really nice personality and the show touches on a lot of the back ground to the sport . very interesting . He mentioned that there is a woman coming into the game and going for her card to play on that league .

new topics

top topics

join