It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military coup Syria - Presidential palace in Damascus under fire....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: haman10

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

a reply to: haman10

Are you hearing any news of this supposed coup there?
No reports like that here .

Maybe they're looking for confirmation , i donno .

but personally , i don't think so . many soldiers from SAA defected to ISIS camp at the start of the madness . but the remaining forces are very loyal .

Well, if you do hear anything could I impose on you to post it here for confirmation? This would be a very bad situation for all involved. My guess is that you would know before we would over here in the US.
Of course dear . I'll check all sources and get back at you as soon as i could .

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Dude. Please. Knock of the condescending "dear" crap. It's annoying and distracting.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.
Sure , noted .

i'm sorry its just that my english is not perfect . in Iran we constantly use the word "Jan" ( meaning dear )to address each other as its very polite .

didn't know this was the opposite over there . no insult intended . but give me a break anyways

====================

on topic : Our sources tell us that the Reuters is actually talking about the situation in latakia city near damascus .

well that was the situation since 3 years ago and there is nothing "breaking" about it .

The news is not false but old . the presidential palace is safe and no "coup" has taken place .

Twitter is filled with this nonsense . take all these "news" with a pinch of salt

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Much appreciated! I will keep my feelers out as well.

Off topic...Jan....interesting.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 1-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

okay cool.. thanks for telling us..

and in some places in America its okay to use Jan.. just depends on the person or where they are from.. just cannot say it to a feminist for sure.. lol..

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

you're very welcome .

Iranian sources are really fast and effective when it comes to syrian situation cause they have direct access to the warzone - unlike many other agencies . any other questions you had regarding the situation feel free to ask me by PM .

but personally i always read pro-rebel news agencies as well , since it give you a much more clear vision . Pro-rebel forces are lying left and right , but sometimes , they can be of help TBH .

===============

yeah . actually its pronounced "Ja'an"

edit on 1-5-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

When people talk of America are they talking about the people of America, or the government?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Just what the US wanted though.

second line

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

you're very welcome .

Iranian sources are really fast and effective when it comes to syrian situation cause they have direct access to the warzone - unlike many other agencies . any other questions you had regarding the situation feel free to ask me by PM .

but personally i always read pro-rebel news agencies as well , since it give you a much more clear vision . Pro-rebel forces are lying left and right , but sometimes , they can be of help TBH .

===============

yeah . actually its pronounced "Ja'an"

Cool...thanks!

And I made the mistake of asking an Aussie friend one time if she was bringing her "fanny pack" on a ski trip...she let me know it was not exactly the best question....

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hknudzkknexnt

When people talk of America are they talking about the people of America, or the government?

All the same thing, the US government is for the people BY the people.

You either support your constitution or you do not.

If you chose not to, then I suggest you are NOT AMERICAN and you should hand in your citizenship immediately.

There are only TWO sides to this world, AMERICAN and NOT AMERICAN. Even if you hold American citizenship, you can be on the NOT AMERICAN side very easily.

I can guarantee you one thing, there are more NOT Americans on this planet than AMERICANS.

edit on 1-5-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

If you chose not to, then I suggest you are NOT AMERICAN and you should hand in your citizenship immediately.

There are only TWO sides to this world, AMERICAN and NOT AMERICAN. Even if you hold American citizenship, you can be on the NOT AMERICAN side very easily.

WHere are you from Bullcat? since youre so critical, ive asked you before and you declined.....

Put up or shut up

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

WHere are you from Bullcat? since youre so critical, ive asked you before and you declined.....

Put up or shut up

Oh you're all big now, put up or shut up, what you going to do, Invade me?

Send in NATO under a false pretence, or mission creep?

Going to twist my politicians?

The rah rah comes out now eh, pity you can't bring it out to defend your constitution and fix your own country. Instead you would rather cause misery for others.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Put up or shut up

No im asking you to have some integrity and tell us where youre from sense youre so critical of the US, that way we can compare your policies to ours, your transgressions as well and what your country does

And lets see if you will claim to be just as culpable for those actions as the vitriol you lay on the American people

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Put up or shut up

No im asking you to have some integrity and tell us where youre from sense youre so critical of the US, that way we can compare your policies to ours, your transgressions as well and what your country does

And lets see if you will claim to be just as culpable for those actions as the vitriol you lay on the American people

If anybody owes anybody an explanation, it is the Americans that owe the world an explanation.

Keep huff puffing. It means nothing to me, just empty words.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Put up or shut up

The rah rah comes out now eh, pity you can't bring it out to defend your constitution and fix your own country. Instead you would rather cause misery for others.

Guess I need to say it one more time for the trolls. Shut the F&@$ up and stick to the topic. If you have an issue then start your own thread. Not hard to understand. If you have an agenda to derail threads then I can take care of that as well. It seems you have never started a thread...maybe now would be a good time.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Put up or shut up

If anybody owes anybody an explanation, it is the Americans that owe the world an explanation.

Keep huff puffing. It means nothing to me, just empty words.

You should know a lot about empty words, you seem to have a lot of them, on EVERY SINGLE THREAD

Still waiting by the way for you to tell us where youre from so we can have an honest discussion here.....

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

youre right buddy, im sorry in my attempt to curb the problem, i exacerbated it......

I digress

Ive been following the situation as well, and your thread, I apologize for contributing to this derailment

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

youre right buddy, im sorry in my attempt to curb the problem, i exacerbated it......

I digress

Ive been following the situation as well, and your thread, I apologize for contributing to this derailment

Off topic.....I don't blame you...bullcat has a knack for derailing threads and trolling. It is obvious from the first comment made by bullcat in this thread that there is an agenda. Bullcat works off the fact that people who live in the US will defend it....shows up in every thread bullcat posts in. Doesn't really matter where bullcat is from though...agitators will always be agitators...jealousy is typically the driver.

Either way....the topic is a good one and deserves attention for the possibility that this is happening. ISIS has taken over the largest oil refinery in Iraq as well....they are making major headway in the war they are waging, and if they have done what they claim in Syria then we are on the brink of a major world issue.
edit on 5/1/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I concur, and I would also add, that its been coming like a freight train, and many people have been trying to sound alarms

One wonders why all of this was ignored.......

The situation with the refinery and reading what those trapped were going through was heart breaking...

We dont get to hear those stories often, makes you think back to the families slaughtered by them who wouldnt convert and watching their children be slaughtered.....

These people are a scourge and need to be taken care of

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I concur, and I would also add, that its been coming like a freight train, and many people have been trying to sound alarms

One wonders why all of this was ignored.......

The situation with the refinery and reading what those trapped were going through was heart breaking...

We dont get to hear those stories often, makes you think back to the families slaughtered by them who wouldnt convert and watching their children be slaughtered.....

These people are a scourge and need to be taken care of

I agree...

I do feel for the families killed and wonder about why they wouldn't convert myself. I am not a religious person but I am one that will fight tooth and nail for my family. Sure, I would likely die in a battle with hardened veterans of war, but not before I took a few with me.

I can't imagine living in an area that this would occur.

Religion, to me personally, is the root of all evil.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Are you hearing any news of this supposed coup there?
No reports like that here .

Maybe they're looking for confirmation , i donno .

but personally , i don't think so . many soldiers from SAA defected to ISIS camp at the start of the madness . but the remaining forces are very loyal .

Well, if you do hear anything could I impose on you to post it here for confirmation? This would be a very bad situation for all involved. My guess is that you would know before we would over here in the US.
Of course dear . I'll check all sources and get back at you as soon as i could .

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Dude. Please. Knock of the condescending "dear" crap. It's annoying and distracting.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Perhaps you should familiarise yourself with other cultures word of the word dear.

There is nothing condescending about it at all. In fact it is considered very polite.

Deny ignorance eh.

You remind me of

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join