It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; 6 Officers Charged!

page: 50
<< 47  48  49   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Lesser included offenses generally occur when the jury is deliberating and only if the judge instructs them on the types of charges they can consider. I have also seen juries ask if its possible to find them guilty on the lesser included offense. I have yet to this day seen a prosecutor charge both considering it wouldn't pass muster at the preliminary hearing. Its one or the other and not both. You take the higher charge so you have something to fall back on if the burden is not met.

As I stated earlier the false imprisonment stems directly from the knife being that is what he was arrested for. If the knife was legal then they had no grounds to arrest. If it was illegal then there is no false imprisonment and the arrest was lawful. The officers who transported him and checked on him cannot be charged with false arrest since they were acting on good faith that the arrest was lawful.

Apparently in Maryland the "charge" of false imprisonment is not a stand alone law. Its a lesser included offense of kidnapping. The charge is also a common law charge in Maryland because their court systems have accepted and acknowledged the legal arguments and created case law out of it.

They like to reference 42 USC 1983 a lot (Federal civil rights act affecting individuals acting under the color of law who are accused of violating an individuals civil rights). Somehow, if I understand it correctly, they have worked that into their state "law" somehow.

A very jacked up state system if you ask me.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Wolfenz

No he got life because he said I know what your plans are, here, take my car.

As for Baltimore and race no clue. I've asked the race questions and no one seems to want to try and answer.

3 of 6 cops charges are black.
BPD is about 40% black.
Black police commissioner.
Black PA.
Bulk of city council is black.
Federal congressional rep is black.

No he got life because he said I know what your plans are, here, take my car.

Right... He knew of what they said ,, He has claimed that they.. the thugs done this before .. as calling Wolf .. a Bluff .. Prank ing

Only this Time they were Not Bluffing ... but doesn't it seem a little harsh for Life Imprisonment without the Possibility of Parole ? I can See like 15 years or Involuntary manslaughter kind of a Charge ..

But hey,, as it goes.. The Felony Murder Rule... They are All Equally Guilty ... just as i Would think the Same thing goes,, with these 6 Police Officers ....

Your right About Baltimore Making a Race Issue LOL ... NOT in My sight ... it isnt ..

Black P.A.

Black Commissioner..

Police Force 40% Black ...

Will there be a Equal Amount of Race for a Jury ? Will they have a Judge Being Mulatto ... or Some Other Mixed Race...

will Someone throw that up ... with a Racial Issue ? with the 3 Black Police Officers out of the 6 that where involved... with Freddie Gray

Wow ... I Wont see that in my State - County, even though there's Conflict with Territorial Land from the past 240 years ... Between Whites and Natives Americans ( Mohawk ) between the Boarders of Canada and USA ... but its Mostly in Canada not the USA ... Like what Happened in OKA Canada a Tribal Burial Issue .. A Canadian Government & Tribal Stand Down .. Whites were involved on Both Sides.... With the Tribes or with Canadian Government... Hell White Americans (USA) were getting into the Action Joining The Tribes ...

and why am i saying all this The Tribes did not Loot Nor Destroy Public Buildings Or Business of Local Civilians .. But they did with Police and the Canadian National Guard.. well Mostly Military & Police Vehicles... but for Baltimore Trashing their Own Territory and local Businesses WTF!! it Like a Rodney King Incident all over again but before the Charges was Called or Charges taken place...

edit on 42015ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago5126 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Harsh? nope.

Why? Because he knew these people were going to do their thing and allowed them to use his car. Even if he did not know they intended to kill this person he is the one who provided the means for them to get their, resulting in a death. He had multiple options he could have chosen -

* - Don't give them the car.
* - Talk them out of doing their thing.
* - contact the police to report a crime.

He did none of those things.

Its like being the get away drive for an armed bank robber. It doesn't matter if the goal is to obtain just cash, if a person is shot and killed during that crime then the guy in the car is just as culpable.

Failing to report a crime / knowledge a crime is going to occur is illegal.

As for Baltimore being trashed the only people responsible for that are those individuals who decided to loot / riot / destroy / in addition to the Mayor for giving a stand down order to police. The government cannot ever be allowed to instill a mindset that people are not responsible for their own actions. I am sick and tired of people bitching about what the government does not give them.

My point behind race and Baltimore revolves around the fact there are still problems there, even with the larger black representation in city state and federal government. If these problems existed then why have these people not fixed any of it? Why to they feign outrage when they are a part of the problem they are upset with?

edit on 8-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Harsh? nope.

Why? Because he knew these people were going to do their thing and allowed them to use his car. Even if he did not know they intended to kill this person he is the one who provided the means for them to get their, resulting in a death. He had multiple options he could have chosen -

* - Don't give them the car.
* - Talk them out of doing their thing.
* - contact the police to report a crime.

He did none of those things.

Its like being the get away drive for an armed bank robber. It doesn't matter if the goal is to obtain just cash, if a person is shot and killed during that crime then the guy in the car is just as culpable.

Failing to report a crime / knowledge a crime is going to occur is illegal.

As for Baltimore being trashed the only people responsible for that are those individuals who decided to loot / riot / destroy / in addition to the Mayor for giving a stand down order to police. The government cannot ever be allowed to instill a mindset that people are not responsible for their own actions. I am sick and tired of people bitching about what the government does not give them.

My point behind race and Baltimore revolves around the fact there are still problems there, even with the larger black representation in city state and federal government. If these problems existed then why have these people not fixed any of it? Why to they feign outrage when they are a part of the problem they are upset with?

Listen do you ever read anything ...?? Or You Just go on assumption ?

He said he was aware ... but he... thought wrong ... of calling bluff as His Roommate did many times before...

What he was NOT Aware was some one was going to be murdered!! Period.....!

Still Problems there throwing a Race Card up ... ?? Im Speaking of Cops not Civilians ... The Race Card been around since Slavery & JIM CROW laws were still in that state since the 60s .. but 3 whites and 3 Blacks of the cops that were involved an equal amount of race... and Baltimore is Screaming Black justice ??

If it was an Asian , Indian (INDIA) , Arabic, any other race the Media wouldn't give a #...
And we wouldn't be discussing this ... would we..

The Race Card Riots ...

Yeah lets Destroy and loot our Town because of a Race Issue Especially when the Cops are Half Back
the Cops would have Suspicion of Freddie Gray Because of his Rap Sheet from Drugs... I would ASSUME he would of been let go .. if He didn't have the Criminal RAP Sheet ...

1992 Los Angeles riots
en.wikipedia.org...

Ferguson unrest
en.wikipedia.org...

List of ethnic riots
en.wikipedia.org...

I Do Not Consider Freddie Gray a Race Issue as half of the Officers were Black

There will be equal Justice ... as America Is watching this ... Hot Topic ... in the Media ..

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: jimmyx

that should have changed the way the Baltimore police did business, it did not. hence, the riot....

people are still responsible for their own actions.......rioting and tearing a city a part and destroying peoples means to provide for their family is never an acceptable action....

Regardless of what happens in this world , we are accountable for what we do in reaction, no one else...

oh, I agree, those that did the damage should be punished to the full extant of the law. let's also remember that the wealthy part of the city was left alone, or well guarded. the "rioting and tearing the city apart" did not take place in wealthy enclaves of Baltimore. the only part of the city that got "torn apart" were in the poorest part of the city.

when the rubber hits the road and the SHTF, the police protect the powerful and wealthy, and punish the poor, and powerless. that was the idea that I was trying to get across.

If they are stupid and ignorant, why let them torch *civil* areas? You better be damn right I would guard civil areas. If they were gonna loot and burn, it wouldn't be my neighborhood. As far as I am concerned, let them prove every 110% accurate sterotype until people wake up to the truth.

ID
edit on 10-5-2015 by ItalianDressing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Why is nobody mentioning that this man had spinal surgery from a car accident 1 week prior? When he should have been at home in bed, but was out selling drugs or whatever he was doing.... Could a small foot chase and tackle Mayyyyyyyybe cause an already broke spine to snap?

Now 5 or so officer's lives are ruined over this black victimization hoax being shoved down our throat. They did their jobs. This idiot died over his own stupidity.

ID

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ItalianDressing

Cause that claim is 100% bs.

They did not do their job, their job is to get to peoeple to jail alive and see a judge.

Not throw them in a van and not strap them, which was against policy.
edit on thSun, 10 May 2015 23:18:28 -0500America/Chicago520152880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Cause that claim us 100% bs.

They did not do their job, their job is to get to peoeple to jail alive and see a judge.

Oh okay. If he was a productive law abiding citizen, he would still be alive.

ID

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

So let's just kill all the criminals then?

Very constitutional, guess you are not a fan of that document.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Its not relevant.. He knew what they were going to do and gave them the car keys.

If we want to really debate this then by all means start a new thread and we can go there. There is no reason to continue to derail this thread.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Its not relevant.. He knew what they were going to do and gave them the car keys.

If we want to really debate this then by all means start a new thread and we can go there. There is no reason to continue to derail this thread.

you the One that Derailed it ...

He knew what they were going to do ... Yeah Rob a Place place some beat down love... but they did NOT say anything about Murder...

I pointed this out in the First place ,, of the Felony Murder RULE ...

and if any One of those Cops Placed on the Stand and Claimed Innocent. of the Cause of Death of Freddie Gray..
They Should be All Equally Guilty all Six with the Same Punishment .. According top the Felony Murder Rule
and Should not be able to get away.. of a Lesser Charge.. just because they were law enforcers LEO's ..? WRONG .

just like the Guy we were Debating ... that wasn't at the Scene just his Car and his Keys ! but knew about it ..

Well Charles Manson Didn't Kill Anyone Either .. He just Told His Followers to get the Job Done and wasn't at the Scene either ... and Got Life Imprisonment ...and Originally the Death Penalty.. Those Baltimore Police Should be All Equally Guilty ... Especially being there and anyone that try to cover it up...

This isn't 2000 A.D. Comics = Mega City WORLD ( as of Yet ) Police can't be Judge Jury and Executioner like Judge Dread.

I guess an you can be a Law Officer in 6 months with the minimum of Criminal Justice Collage have a Gun, a Badge to Enforce the Law

Yet .. you to have to have 7 years of Collage to Prosecute and Defend the Law and pass a Bar Exam! of what LEO's Enforce ..

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressing

ID

Um, there is a plethora of cases and instances where perfectly productive, law abiding citizens have been gunned down by law enforcement ... from little children to the handicapped, and the elderly. Also, being a criminal is not justification for instant death.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressing

ID

Um, there is a plethora of cases and instances where perfectly productive, law abiding citizens have been gunned down by law enforcement ... from little children to the handicapped, and the elderly. Also, being a criminal is not justification for instant death.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Here is a Question ....
why the Run around ? Well claims of Gray going to the Hospital.. yet Stops a a Grocery Convenient Store
Interesting ..

Well this is Interesting too ( VIDEO )

Second Detainee Recalls Ride in Baltimore Police Van with Freddie Gray
www.nbcnews.com...

A Baltimore man has come forward to talk about his April 12 ride in a police van with Freddie Gray, saying in an interview that he heard his fellow prisoner briefly making noise on the other side of a metal barrier. "All I heard was a little banging for like four seconds," 22-year-old Donte Allen told local NBC affiliate WBAL. "I just heard a little banging."

edit on 32015WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago5132 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 47  48  49   >>

join