It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; 6 Officers Charged!

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Not all police vans are the exact same.

Ever think the inside of this van is different than what CNN shows? Have you seen the inside of the van in question? Have the people reporting?

Here is a thought.. Maybe we should see what evidence is presented to support the PC in court? Or maybe in her rush to try this in the court of public opinion she missed something and in the process made an error? Hopefully jeopardy is not attached.
edit on 2-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

We can't wait for facts. All we have to go on is various claims from the media and the interwebs and that's good enough for me, dammit.
I hear rumor is the new breaking news.
edit on 5/3/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I bow to your wisdom sir.... and chuckle at the sarcasm...

edit on 3-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Ever think the inside of this van is different than what CNN shows? Have you seen the inside of the van in question? Have the people reporting?

Here is a thought.. Maybe we should see what evidence is presented to support the PC in court? Or maybe in her rush to try this in the court of public opinion she missed something and in the process made an error? Hopefully jeopardy is not attached.

I was looking at the pictures no bolts but you see some very large screws in the walls. Especially on the back wall. To a coroner I could see him saying bolt instead of screw. But anytime your dealing with a leaked report your getting the interpretation of the person who leaked it.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This might become an issue...

Husband is on city council...
Apparently the victims attorney is a political donor to the PA.

Baltimore prosecutor's swift action, link to victim's lawyer raise questions

The Maryland prosecutor who brought charges Friday against six Baltimore police officers within hours of receiving a medical examiner's report on the death of Freddie Gray is facing accusations that her swift action was over zealous and perhaps politically motivated.

The Baltimore police union leader, Gene Ryan, made the most clear-cut accusations, after he raised concerns about Marilyn Mosby being married to City Councilman Nick Mosby.

"It is clear that your husband's political future will be impacted, for better or worse, by the outcome of your investigation," Ryan, president of Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 3, wrote Mosby after her Friday announcement.

He also argued Mosby has a conflict of interest because she received campaign contributions from Gray's family attorney William Murphy. Ryan asked that she appoint a special prosecutor to avoid the appearance of impropriety or of violating the rules of professional responsibility.

Click link for remainder of article..

As the article titles states - it raises questions and nothing more yet.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Actually, the prosecutor is the state's (county, city, peoples') attorney.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

and the PA is an elected position.... just like the states AG.

Your comment is confusing since im not sure why you brought it up...

Me seeks clarification I do....

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
You said:

The prosecutor is not the victim's attorney. The prosecutor does not represent the victim. The prosecutor represents the state against the accused. A murder victim is not defended, the accused is prosecuted.

The family of a murder victim can be represented by an attorney in a civil case.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Right...

The victims attorney donated campaign money to the PA.
The PA is married to a city councilman.

possible ethics / conflict of interest issues.

That's why I stated the victims attorney is a political donor to the PA.

ETA - Ok im tracking with you now.. In this case the victims attorney would be representing Mr. Gray for this conversation.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
All I can say is, it is about time we all abide by the same laws. I would be surprised if there is one conviction, the sheeple believe the police are all good guys who don't tell lies. The Fraternal Order has already begun its manipulate the sheeple with the media campaign.

The fact that police intentionally lied about the Van route originally is a telltale of a cover-up.

For some reason the van route report has now been altered and rewritten to include at least one more stop. That tells us that there was a cover-up by police from the beginning. That's why they always like to delay their investigation releases, so they don't get caught and risk exposure. In this case there were at least two different versions and when the realization that they couldn't contain the facts that would eventually expose their lie they quickly integrated that which couldn't be contained into their original story as if it was an over site.

Ethics violations and conflicts of interest happens on a daily basis in the entire criminal justice system, now the Fraternal Order wants to complain about it when 99% of the time it is used in the favor of LEO's.

I don't subscribe to the idea that these are necessarily racially motivated killings, since it's clear some of the LEO's are AA's. The same happens to others who live in poverty, less educated, similar lifestyles etc
edit on 5/3/15 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

and the PA is an elected position.... just like the states AG.

Your comment is confusing since im not sure why you brought it up...

Me seeks clarification I do....

Some people are asking if it is a conflict of interest.

That has to be ruled out first before going to any trial, so that's going to become a bigger issue.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Shouldn't they have asked that during the election? I mean, who would have thought that a State's Attorney might have to take on a case that involved police abuse!

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

My opinion, not fact, is that Occam's Razor tells us the cops hurt him. However, in a court of law, one must go with what one can prove, not what one can feel. Too many people, as evidenced by these threads, cannot isolate the emotional from the rational.

I agree Navy - my gut tells me the same. But even I have to admit that I'm emotionally tied to a possible (and as of yet unknowable) outcome that will for once provide justice. I guess we all have our own ideas of what justice means

My gut is just as useless as anything else in a situation like this. What concerns me is that even with actual facts, we know - facts can be spun

Juries are as human as you and I - and facts don't always guarantee justice

Good cops get dragged down by all this - minority communities will continue to suffer from a problem that is not easily routed out - and everyone's trust is broken

A lot riding on this one - it's a major city with a complicated and sometimes very ugly history

2015 -still the same ole same ole

edit on 5/3/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: NavyDoc

My opinion, not fact, is that Occam's Razor tells us the cops hurt him. However, in a court of law, one must go with what one can prove, not what one can feel. Too many people, as evidenced by these threads, cannot isolate the emotional from the rational.

I agree Navy - my gut tells me the same. But even I have to admit that I'm emotionally tied to a possible (and as of yet unknowable) outcome that will for once provide justice. I guess we all have our own ideas of what justice means

My gut is just as useless as anything else in a situation like this. What concerns me is that even with actual facts, we know - facts can be spun

Juries are as human as you and I - and facts don't always guarantee justice

Good cops get dragged down by all this - minority communities will continue to suffer from a problem that is not easily routed out - and everyone's trust is broken

A lot riding on this one - it's a major city with a complicated and sometimes very ugly history

2015 -still the same ole same ole

That's it. Regardless the outcome of the trial, nothing will change--there is to much money to be made in keeping people angry at each other to stop.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I still stand up that she is going for a career in politics and while still young she already had very well off backers, like every politicians that starts with good intentions money, power and corruption always step its eventually.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The van used in CNN is the same exact type of van that was used for the transporting of Gray, the bolt in question is not in the floor but on the side closes to the door.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
But far the charges to the police are right in pointing to Gray been hurt under police care, but still is soo much more that has not been taken into consideration, it is a process indeed, charges by the state attorney, indictment, grand jury and if it makes it that far, then a court case.

Most of the time the charges are lost along the procedures and is not enough to take to a court.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

The one that I saw within the original article which seems most likely to stick was "depraved heart murder", which is more like allowing someone to die rather than directly killing them. The article seems a bit sensationalized. The officers did not get Gray to medical attention, but I can't tell from this info if they directly caused the events which lead to his death. Still, if they ran after him, and he was injured while running, or injured in the process of being wrongfully taken into custody it should be considered more severe than " depraved heart murder " IMO.

If they had no reason to pick him up, then the officers involved should be held accountable for the injuries he sustained during their interaction, which lead to his death.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

YES, the link from Florida News shows pictures of the Baltimore van in question.
Unless the medical examiner actually has pictures of the bolt with DNA evidence from hair and blood, then it could be from any bolt.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join