It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; 6 Officers Charged!

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: WarminIndy

OK, he is yelling at the time they pick him up, so how is his larynx crushed?

It wasn't .... yet.
He didn't have a severed spinal cord at that point either.
There were more stops to make and necks to break, at that point.

Could it be possible, just a little tiny bit possible, that he had a prior neck injury that was exacerbated by this?

We have seen all sorts of possibilities brought to light in this thread.
Has anyone seen any real evidence that Freddie Gray had prior neck injuries?
There was a thread all about that subject, but no evidence was found AFAIK.
Link to other thread: ats thread
edit on b000000312015-05-02T16:34:59-05:0004America/ChicagoSat, 02 May 2015 16:34:59 -0500400000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

BG you saw my repeated complaints about CNN's coverage and how they failed understand the placement of Freddy gray headfirst into the van and continually showed /referred to it as feetfirst ? I also continually pointed out that they failed to include the DAs assertion from the probable cause statement that after that stop was when his injury occurred?

Well about 4 hours ago I sent them a scathing email about their continued errors and misreporting of those facts. They did not reply and I am not asserting my email made the difference. But I just saw a news report where they are now including all those facts in their statements. And I haven't seen that idiot reporter in Atlanta in the van feetfirst trying to explain the injury.

I am at least proud to say that they have done a complete 180 on their interpretation of events at the Baker Street stop.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I saw your posts regarding CNN and their inability to understand the term 'headfirst '.

I hope that it was your efforts that set them straight.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: WarminIndy

I understand your position now. The wording was a little tricky and I assumed you were claiming he received the crushed larynx prior to placement in the van.

My apologies.

I was questioning why the onlookers would say that he looked paralyzed at that point, and NavyDoc was explaining a crushed larynx.

We have seen many videos of people who are arrested who do pretend to be paralyzed, and that is what the policemen had to determine.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: NavyDoc

we do not have enough to say it was murder, criminal negligence, or simple negligence, or just a ducked up situation at this time. A fair and impartial (if that is even possible at this time) trial would hopefully shed light on this.

Well, the DA seems to think that she has enough to make her case, and the 6 six police officers stand accused, just like any other arrestee charged with a crime.

And, those are the facts, extremely simplified, as taken from the scathing indictment read at the press conference by State's Attorney Mosby, as she read "the facts" for public consumption.

The more we delve into the facts, the worse those facts begin to look for the police. These arguments, that Freddie could possibly have injured himself to the degree being reported, is nothing more than apologetic hyperbole to distract from the real issues of police abuses.

Well, if you recall from my earlier posts, I said that the decision to prosecute indicates that the prosecuter thinks that there is enough evidence to have a case, so your antagonistic tone us unfounded as I already said that.

Of course, a decision to prosecute does not mean guilt--look at the Duke lacrosse case, the prosecuter was wrong.

I agree that a jury trial is the only avenue that is reasonable. It is what is needed to push off thug violence.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

You are right Navy, people think that everything is over that the police got their charges and are guilty, they can no be farther from the truth.

The whole thing is just starting.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

You are right Navy, people think that everything is over that the police got their charges and are guilty, they can no be farther from the truth.

And this is how the world burns.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

yep like i said juries are a funny thing.
how soon people forget rodny king, and they had the whole thing on tape.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You are right. This is only the beginning and TPTB will get their cause and excuse. As you say it, so shall it be. Stock up on ammo.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yes, it is funny how the Rodney king took a completely different turn that many thought it was impossible. The video was pretty much there in the faces of the jury but I guess it wasn't enough.

One thing is for sure, at least Rodney is alive today.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

People tend to have short term memories, but still is going to be any excuse this days to protest and riot again, I think we are now entering a trend, defiance against the police and authority will be common.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Nope.
He died.
In 2012.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Thanks for the correction I should have said that he was alive after his ordeal under police brutality.

Lord have mercy I forgot about that.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Nope.
He died.
In 2012.

From drugs. Drowned in his own swimming pool.You can give a moron a million dollar legal payout, but he remains a moron.
edit on 2-5-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Is sad that all the looting and the rioting didn't change anything when it comes to social injustice, now the face of California had changed a lot since then and we have an entire new group that is emerging.

Still under social injustice, unemployment and poverty.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

yep like i said juries are a funny thing.
how soon people forget rodny king, and they had the whole thing on tape.

Assuming the accused request trial by jury.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Thank you for your contribution to this thread. Its appreciated.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

People tend to have short term memories, but still is going to be any excuse this days to protest and riot again, I think we are now entering a trend, defiance against the police and authority will be common.

Some police. Leftists will still celebrate the ATF smashing down the doors of evil gun owners and the IRS railroading those who have more than then, they'll just riot if s criminal is held accountable. Don't expevt demands for truth from fast and furious.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yes, and he had numerous run in with law enforcement in those years after the trial. They treated him with kid gloves of course and he got slaps on the wrist.
His case left a very bad taste in my mouth.
I disagreed with the cops being tried and was not happy when they were tried again.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Thank you for your contribution to this thread. Its appreciated.

I'm an evil bastard liar according to some, but I appreciate your kind words. Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join