It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brand new Russian Tank, things about it still classified

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat
For all those claiming Russian technology is inferior, I assume you will be the first to go up against it, should be a piece of cake right?

We heard all this hype with their last two introductions of new line tanks. The tank hype has always been big with the Russians.

American anti tank systems just tore through Russian armor, like it was paper, in Iraq. The only hype lived up to was the hype about the new line american tanks.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
The only hype lived up to was the hype about the new line american tanks.

Who's armour and optical systems are borrowed from the British
- the Challenger 2 is one of the better tanks in the world with armour that is even better than that on the Abrams.

But you make a valid point - every Russian piece of armour that has gone up against any Western anti-armour system has been annihilated. In fact, the only combat loss of a Challenger 2 has been from another Challenger shooting at it. Other Challengers have been pounded with Russian derived anti-tank systems and came out more or less unsctahed -

In one encounter within the urban area a Challenger 2 came under attack from irregular forces with machine guns and rocket propelled grenades. The driver's sight was damaged and while attempting to back away under the commander's directions, the other sights were damaged and the tank threw its tracks entering a ditch. It was hit directly by fourteen rocket propelled grenades from close range and a MILAN anti-tank missile.

The crew survived remaining safe within the tank until the tank was recovered for repairs, the worst damage being to the sighting system. It was back in operation six hours later after repairs.

One Challenger 2 operating near Basra survived being hit by 70 RPGs in another incident

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It's a tank, meh. Nice looking tank but still a tank.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Something new to add about the Armata:

During a rehearsal for Russia’s commemorations of Victory Day, the newly unveiled T-14 Armata “super-tank” stalled out on the Red Square and couldn’t be budged. The official statement concluded that it was operator error, rather than a mechanical issue with the machine. However, we may not ever know what really happened.

Funker 350

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Lol

Of course they are going to blame the operator - otherwise they'd lose credibility.

Precious!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: butcherguy

Lol

Of course they are going to blame the operator - otherwise they'd lose credibility.

Precious!

I guess they were lucky it was only a rehearsal.
If it really was operator error.... I'm guessing that guy won't be in the real parade!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

If it really was operator error.... I'm guessing that guy won't be in the real parade!

I can already imagine the confusion:

"Ivan! Grab the turret lever and aim at 80! "
"Yes sir! Got it, sir! "
"Damnit Ivan, that's the lever of the expresso machine! "

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: iLikeCIAnot

I wouldn't want to be a crew member on the one that STALLED ..OY.
edit on 8-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

NO, we are busy ,YOU come at US.
I already took out the 4th largest army on the planet LET someone ELSE have a turn now that our equipment is better.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
All I am going to say is ,
Has anybody seen a ww2 photo of a Soviet tank crew? One will see the driver with a small(2lb ) sledge hammer in their belt. I always thought that was a bit of communist political imagery, you know the whole hammer and sickle iconography.
No it was the "Universal Shifting Tool "
The transmisioms were so bad that every driver was issued a hammer, with which to beat the shift lever , to get the tank into gear.

I have a set of simple rules I live by,
1) never dance with bears
2) never fly in Russian aircraft
and
3) never dance with Russian bears .

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

For all those claiming Russian technology is inferior, I assume you will be the first to go up against it, should be a piece of cake right?

Lets all be adults and say yeah, any nato involvement will and is against Russian developed military equipment... Same as against Russia... You see that's how super powers find out if something works, they let other nations buy or test it against their enemies... A war with Russia and US is a human ending war so if we want to see if our military equipment is up to date against whats out there in the small countries (Ukraine is now a possible usage area)... Afghanistan has been for both sides, when Russia was there, Afgans were supplied with American made test equipment like stingers etc... Saddam used a lot of older Russian equipment but some with more updated items to be tested... etc etc... This will always go on until the end of time... The only problem is the END OF TIME is probably closer then we know it... I understand that with sanctions against Russia they are using fly by techniques to time response times of fighter jets, and they aren't using new undetected aircraft they are using atomic bomb capable old Russian bear bombers just to scare everyone... Russia tactic is scare its people, and scare the world... Doesn't work over time as Russia's dependence on few resources to make money and non go to its people, it just goes to its military... The future of Russian people IMO will either and have gotten tired of this and will just as they did when USSR split up, they will want a future and not everything the govt gets in income go to the military but to help and make its country a true country of power by industry etc... And not military industry but goods that the people can have great paying jobs and actually be the power they should be instead of an enemy...

BBB

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Yes I do, we all know EU has a greater GDP than America, we know it has more population, we know it has more influence with Russia and Eastern European states. Why does America keep meddling in European affairs if that were not the case?

Europe and Russia do want closer ties, and WILL have closer ties. It is inevitable and more beneficial to each other than closer ties with America.

EU and Russia are neighbours, America is not. This has been a goal and a long known fact for decades since the birth of Europe.

You are in America, we are in Europe, we know our own country, you misunderstand us greatly.

I welcome Russia with more open arms and trust than America and Americans. I am European, YOU are NOT.

Whilst a lot of yanks come over here looking for their ancestry, we laugh at that, you have NOTHING in common with us.

America is the top dog. The EU is subservient to Washington.
The EU isn't even a proper unified entity let alone super-nation yet. It's individual nations who've come together, who argue and disagree. They all have their OWN interests.
The current debt crisis will either break the EU and Eurozone, or will push the EU into a proper functional state-structure, something like a federal system.

What's the world's reserve currency? Euro or USDollar?
Where are the major credit ratings agencies? EU or USA?
What is international trade conducted in, Euros or USDollars?
Who controls the UN, the IMF and World Bank? The same country that was the main one behind their creation.
Who has the worlds biggest armed forces that humanity has ever witnessed?
Who is capable of deploying tens of thousands of soldiers all over the world simultaneously?
Who fought two major wars and occupied two countries at once? Who provided the majority of forces for those wars and occupations?

The answer to all of the above is USA and USDollars.

Europe has the potential. To REPLACE the USA and USDollar.

BUT, it wont. If anyone is going to replace the USA and USDollar, it is the Chinese.

But that wont happen either. What will happen is we will have a multi polar world, divided upon the USA/Europe and their allies and client states, and Russia/China and their allies and client states.
WIthin each side there will be multiple 'poles'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join