It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brand new Russian Tank, things about it still classified

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

originally posted by: crazyewok

For all those claiming Russian technology is inferior, I assume you will be the first to go up against it, should be a piece of cake right?

NATO has on many occasions from when they sell it abroad.

since 1975 Russia made crap seems to be turned into burning wrecks pretty quickly.
Russian MIGs certainly didn't fair to well in Iraq or Libya.

So take on Russia already, instead of a bullhorn.

Seems the equipment they have issued is not big enough.

www.foxnews.com...

Guess they made a mistake

From your link, the point i would take is, they HAVE the bigger guns available to request... The "mistake" was bringing the gun to the gun fight, instead of doing the typical American thing and bringing the nuclear weapon to the knife fight.

Anyway, i get it, this is a "yay Russia can do so much better we have a brand new tank, we are better than the USA, you just wait till the next war *smug face*" ... lol... Silly Russians

What America really is afraid of is the EU and Russia pairing up, EU is already a much bigger superpower and economic powerhouse than America ever will be. Coupled with Russia, it is unstoppable. Higher GDP, more population, higher standards, aiming to be more independent and in fact is at many levels.

That is what America really is afraid off.

That is why America does everything they can to cripple the EU.

You really believe that don't you? You don't think we just happen to be allies huh?

Anyway, on Russia again

Feel free to check out this site: www.globalfirepower.com...

Note* I'm not saying America should Invade Russia... It's silly to go to war for no reason what so ever. I understand this is just a pissing contest, but when it comes to Military, it's one you aren't going to win with America...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

For all those claiming Russian technology is inferior, I assume you will be the first to go up against it, should be a piece of cake right?

NATO has on many occasions from when they sell it abroad.

since 1975 Russia made crap seems to be turned into burning wrecks pretty quickly.
Russian MIGs certainly didn't fair to well in Iraq or Libya.

So take on Russia already, instead of a bullhorn.

Seems the equipment they have issued is not big enough.

www.foxnews.com...

Guess they made a mistake

From your link, the point i would take is, they HAVE the bigger guns available to request... The "mistake" was bringing the gun to the gun fight, instead of doing the typical American thing and bringing the nuclear weapon to the knife fight.

Anyway, i get it, this is a "yay Russia can do so much better we have a brand new tank, we are better than the USA, you just wait till the next war *smug face*" ... lol... Silly Russians

What America really is afraid of is the EU and Russia pairing up, EU is already a much bigger superpower and economic powerhouse than America ever will be. Coupled with Russia, it is unstoppable. Higher GDP, more population, higher standards, aiming to be more independent and in fact is at many levels.

That is what America really is afraid off.

That is why America does everything they can to cripple the EU.

You really believe that don't you? You don't think we just happen to be allies huh?

Anyway, on Russia again

Feel free to check out this site: www.globalfirepower.com...

Note* I'm not saying America should Invade Russia... It's silly to go to war for no reason what so ever. I understand this is just a pissing contest, but when it comes to Military, it's one you aren't going to win with America...

Yes I do, we all know EU has a greater GDP than America, we know it has more population, we know it has more influence with Russia and Eastern European states. Why does America keep meddling in European affairs if that were not the case?

Europe and Russia do want closer ties, and WILL have closer ties. It is inevitable and more beneficial to each other than closer ties with America.

EU and Russia are neighbours, America is not. This has been a goal and a long known fact for decades since the birth of Europe.

You are in America, we are in Europe, we know our own country, you misunderstand us greatly.

I welcome Russia with more open arms and trust than America and Americans. I am European, YOU are NOT.

Whilst a lot of yanks come over here looking for their ancestry, we laugh at that, you have NOTHING in common with us.

edit on 1-5-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: iLikeCIAnot
a reply to: swanne

Just start a war with Russia and find out

You can go and bring freedom to Eastern Ukraine

See how it goes

Earth is the only planet we got

We don't own it, merely temporary tenants

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Russian equipment is inferior and has been starting with World War 2. This is by choice and design . The whole theory behind this is little technology as possible to make them much cheaper to build. This means they can mass produce them at lesser cost. To sum it up: Numbers. Just as effective as any other strategy.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Many thought the same thing when they invaded Russia......they have a habit of pulling surprises.

USA would win Russia if Russia was on the offensive.

On the defense? Well seeing as the USA had trouble in Vietnam I would not say victory in a Russian invasion is a sure thing.

Plus Aircraft carriers are little use on the Russian steppes

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Kalashnikov

The Worlds most successful gun. Obviously inferior. It has the success that Americans wish their guns would have.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

There is no reason for the US to invade Russia... If it ever came to war, there would be no reason for any real kind of ground invasion.

There are surprises in any war, but I'm just putting forward my argument with what we know, anyone can go "well ah ha Russia might surprise you!" I'm sure America has things up their sleeves as well, and so does FIJI...

In Plane Terms I was responding to the OP's idea that this Tank somehow makes Russian Military superior to America and his new "EU/Russian Alliance" that he thinks is better than NATO.

In Planer terms, I agree with you, within reason.

edit on 5/1/2015 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

It sure was for me...
Don't know about you.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Good rifle and round I myself have a Yugo SKS, I was hoping it would more effectively approach an AR15s accuracy.
Now if you can JUST work out a more capable command structure flexibility that free thinking provides ,you might have something ,otherwise your forces work off of FEAR alone ,once their command gets separated.
THEN they beome exactly what happened in Chechnya.
Not too worried about the EU cozying up with the great RODINA any time soon either.
Europe is IT'S OWN entity not mine or yours to own.
edit on 1-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I know you always go after the US, but I think you just might have a future in American politics. You would make a great politician in the current form.

Bit I more on topic, I always love new technologies but I can't help think that all of the resources spent on war machines could be better used to tackle the issues that lead to those conflicts.

I can only imagine the result of the combination of Russian and American research (along with the rest of the world.) Maybe we really are a species of solely war and conflict though, regardless of nation.
edit on 1-5-2015 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

I know you always go after the US, but I think you just might have a future in American politics. You would make a great politician in the current form.

Bit I more on topic, I always love new technologies but I can't help think that all of the resources spent on war machines could be better used to tackle the issues that lead to those conflicts.

I can only imagine the result of the combination of Russian and American research (along with the rest of the world.) Maybe we really are a species of solely war and conflict though, regardless of nation.

Sometimes low tech is better tech. Reliability via simplicity.

When the # hits the fan you can always count of sticks and stones.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I would go even further than that and submit that the future of our species technology is based in simplifying tech across the board, rather than the current MO of making things as complicated as possible. In this, the archaic conflict between low tech and high tech dissipates in favor of an approach that pursues simplicity alongside cutting edge.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: iLikeCIAnot It will probably fail and blow-up like their planes and rockets. It will probably be disposable, look how the Russian tanks littered the roads of Kuwait. It will be just as exciting to see the new Lada model, wait, are still in business?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Great, find the weak spot and put a hole in it.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Do WE tanks that kill other tanks with lasers yet?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: iLikeCIAnot
a reply to: swanne

Just start a war with Russia and find out

You can go and bring freedom to Eastern Ukraine

See how it goes

Earth is the only planet we got

We don't own it, merely temporary tenants

Star for you....temporary is right and we have worn out our welcome

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bullcat If low tech is so much better, why was iLikeCIAnot spouting about the drive by wire CGI tank? He is obviously a new member of the FSB cyber division. Tell him to be more subtle in his glorification of all things Russian.
Simple and durable won WW2 in the East and allowed invasion of Normandy, although the monster Stalin slaughtered millions of his own people in the process. The T-34 was slowly improved throughout the war but no tank could face the Tiger one on one. The solution was to use artillery and many more T-34's than the Nazi's could stop. Kursk is the example.
At Stalingrad [now named Volgograd] the ability of the Soviets to operate in low temperature environments due to design of clothing and equipment and experience [expediently using gasoline instead of oil as a lubricant], gave them the advantage in the face of better technology. I note that the Armata armor is being designed to not degrade at low temperature, at hint that Tsar Putin is planning to expand to the polar regions or that defense in depth is back as the military philosophy.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
That is one mean looking machine.
Excellent sloping of armor.
Crew appears to enter//exit through hatches in forward body.
Care to bet one on one this will take an Abrams any day.

Watched the movie Fury the other night where 1 tiger tank takes on 4 shermans. lol, tragic.
Lots of period equipment but the ending was flat out ridiculous.

The age of armor isn't over yet by the looks of this tank.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

The final versions of the JS Stalin tanks (2&3) could.
There were very few in service before the end though and by that time even the Russians had complete air superiority.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals The posted photo is a proposed design. The T-14 is more conventional and lower cost/weight than the T-95 prototype.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join